Take Your Guns To A Movie?

icanthearyou

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it's no coincidence that these shootings have taken place in gun free zones. They deliberately choose targets they know won't be armed. People should be able to take their guns to a movie theater.

One radical ISIS man pulls out his pistol in the movie theatre and yells "lalalalalah." His actions prompt the local sheriff, the sheriff's cousins, the weirdo that is always buying new guns, and some unknown kid with shaky hands to all draw out their weapons. The sheriff shot the lalalalala guy and he was expecting reelection because of it, his cousins pointed his barrel at the guy but accidentally shot the couple that was still making out. The weirdo that is always buying new guns froze and accidentally shot himself in the leg; while the last guy, the unknown guy with shaky hands, accidentally shot the sheriff in the balls.

I'm all for it.

if it can be safely and completely concealed who cares. i don't carry a purse and don't want the discomfort of a gun in a movie. i don't think any theater pats you down or has metal detectors.

One radical ISIS man pulls out his pistol in the movie theatre and yells "lalalalalah." His actions prompt the local sheriff, the sheriff's cousins, the weirdo that is always buying new guns, and some unknown kid with shaky hands to all draw out their weapons. The sheriff shot the lalalalala guy and he was expecting reelection because of it, his cousins pointed his barrel at the guy but accidentally shot the couple that was still making out. The weirdo that is always buying new guns froze and accidentally shot himself in the leg; while the last guy, the unknown guy with shaky hands, accidentally shot the sheriff in the balls.

I'm all for it.

Actually, only women scream that ' lalalalah " chant

The arriving cops won't know who the actual perp is until he shoots himself.

Which will save the state for the cost of having a trial.

Movie theaters are prime locations for these morons to kill people. You are a sitting duck with exits near the screen. You won't catch me in one again.

Say four armed citizens had been scattered about the Colorado theater. A lot of lives could have been saved. Same thing elsewhere. Any "gun free zone" is nothing but a notice to the madman that says "do it here". Just as convenience stores with a "No guns inside" sign are saying "Rob me with confidence and security".

The 2nd amendment is the law of the land, it should be followed.

I'm all for it.

I don't know why say that (as usual).

Here is what I was referring to though.

Say four armed citizens had been scattered about the Colorado theater. A lot of lives could have been saved. Same thing elsewhere. Any "gun free zone" is nothing but a notice to the madman that says "do it here". Just as convenience stores with a "No guns inside" sign are saying "Rob me with confidence and security".

Yeah, start a firefight in the movie theatre!

So, you get your cultural information about Islam from... The Family Guy ?

Figures.

So, you get your cultural information about Islam from... The Family Guy ?

Figures.

It was a joke. My whole paragraph was satire. Are you seriously that dense to not see that!? And by the way, you have yet to tell me which women go lalalalala....... Do you have like a mail order bride or something?

So you just stand there and make yourself a perfect target for some deranged fool that knows there is no chances of anyone being able to stop him. That's why they choose these places to begin with.

Movie theaters are prime locations for these morons to kill people. You are a sitting duck with exits near the screen. You won't catch me in one again.

The calm, logical, thoughtful, measured response of a "real man" (for those of you with your pink shirts on).

So you just stand there and make yourself a perfect target for some deranged fool that knows there is no chances of anyone being able to stop him. That's why they choose these places to begin with.

No, but arming every single citizen isn't going to make the situation any better.

Yet you'll probably get in your car tomorrow without thinking about it. :-\

The arriving cops won't know who the actual perp is until he shoots himself.

Which will save the state for the cost of having a trial.

I meant that as a joke.

The calm, logical, thoughtful, measured response of a "real man" (for those of you with your pink shirts on).

:roflol:

This is not a problem that can be addressed at the time someone starts shooting. The problem has already occurred by that time.

This is something that has to be addressed before that happens, not after. The problem we have is with gun access by people who have no business possessing a gun.

This is something that has to be addressed before that happens, not after. The problem we have is with gun access by people who have no business possessing a gun.

http://www.nbcnews.c...-denied-n398591

Lafayette Movie Theater Shooter John Houser Should have Been Denied Gun: Gov. Jindal

The gunman who opened fire in a Louisiana movie theater should not have been allowed to legally buy the gun he used to kill two people and injure nine because of his mental history, Gov. Bobby Jindal said Sunday.

Shooter John Houser "should have never been able to buy that gun," Jindal told NBC News. "That should have never been able to happen."

Houser had been involuntarily hospitalized for mental conditions in Georgia and denied a concealed weapons permit in Alabama in 2006 because of a domestic violence complaint and a previous arrest connected to an arson plot.

Jim Cavanaugh, a retired Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives agent and now NBC News security analyst, said those red flags should have kept Houser from buying a gun in any state.

"If he's adjudicated as a danger to himself or others, or not able to handle his affairs due to his mental capacity, he is also barred from having a firearm," Cavanaugh said.

Still, Houser was able to legally buy a Hi-Point .40-caliber handgun in Alabama in 2014. And that is the gun he used to fire more than a dozen shots into a Thursday night movie audience of about 25 people before killing himself, officials said.

It is unclear whether officials in Georgia filed records about Houser's involuntary hospitalization, which would have been funneled to the FBI's database and therefore surfaced during a background check in any state, according to The Associated Press.

"Obviously somebody with this kind of history should have never been able to buy a gun," Jindal said, noting that Louisiana laws would have prevented Houser from legally buying a gun.

In order to acquire a concealed handgun license in Louisiana, an applicant must "not suffer from a mental or physical infirmity due to disease," according to the Louisiana Department of Public Safety and Corrections. But private owners and gun show sellers aren't required to perform background checks to determine the mental health and arrest history of prospective gun buyers.

In the immediate wake of the shooting, Jindal, who is running for president and is generally known as pro-gun (the NRA last gave him an "A+" rating), declined to speak on gun policy, saying he wanted to give Lafayette a chance to grieve.

Authorities have yet to determine a motive for why Houser chose to attack people at the showing of "Trainwreck," why he chose to target Lafayette and why he picked a Thursday evening.

Investigators have said that Houser may have visited the theater that was the site of the violence and other movie theaters in the area before the attack, and Louisiana State Police superintendent Col. Michael Edmonson said that the gunman had written down, in a journal, the date, time and place of where he chose to carry out the shooting.

Edmonson said Houser's journals also included "off-the-wall comments."

Houser's brother told NBC news on Saturday that the family knew he had mental health issues, but didn't think he was capable of such violence.

Or more could have been killed as they gunned down innocents that got in their line of fire trying to get out. Or if when one heard shots from another location of the theater they believed there was a second shooter and opened fire in that direction. Or the person that just panics trying to get their family out and kills innocents in their way or just shoots blindly trying to cover them as they get out.

I highly doubt that every gun owner is going to be calm, cool, collected, and an ace shot when tossed into a real gunfight.

Archived