**The NIP is HERE !! Rejoice !!!**

WarTim

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The USC game in 03 (the first game I went to) was by far the hottest and most miserable game in my personal experiences.

That was also the first game I went to. Its been a while, so maybe you've forgotten if you ever did notice, but you don't happen to remeber seeing the USC band have to get up and move in the middle of the game, did you? Or anyone here who may have attended, for that matter.

Why did they move?

One of those stories no one will probably believe, but it is what it is. They were seated right in the middle of the seats my guest and I had. We were a bit shocked and unsure of what to do, so we grabbed an usher and showed him our stubs. He then got the attention of some university official and asked us if it could be arranged for us to get better seats if that would ameliorate the situation. We took one look at each other, looked back at him,and said "nah, we want our seats." The official said "you got it", pulled aside the USC band director, and informed him they were in the wrong spot. We were too far away to hear, and couldn't read lips, but the band director was none too pleased, probably even more due to the fact that he knew he didn't have a leg to stand on. So the two of us watched in glee as the entire USC band got up and shifted over a section or two to their proper seating arrangements. You gotta enjoy the small victories on a day like that, right?

Like I said, I'm sure someone will :bs: , as they are welcome to do, but I watched it all go down with my own two eyes, and its a memory I'll happily take to the grave.

The USC game in 03 (the first game I went to) was by far the hottest and most miserable game in my personal experiences.

That was also the first game I went to. Its been a while, so maybe you've forgotten if you ever did notice, but you don't happen to remeber seeing the USC band have to get up and move in the middle of the game, did you? Or anyone here who may have attended, for that matter.

Why did they move?

One of those stories no one will probably believe, but it is what it is. They were seated right in the middle of the seats my guest and I had. We were a bit shocked and unsure of what to do, so we grabbed an usher and showed him our stubs. He then got the attention of some university official and asked us if it could be arranged for us to get better seats if that would ameliorate the situation. We took one look at each other, looked back at him,and said "nah, we want our seats." The official said "you got it", pulled aside the USC band director, and informed him they were in the wrong spot. We were too far away to hear, and couldn't read lips, but the band director was none too pleased, probably even more due to the fact that he knew he didn't have a leg to stand on. So the two of us watched in glee as the entire USC band got up and shifted over a section or two to their proper seating arrangements. You gotta enjoy the small victories on a day like that, right?

Like I said, I'm sure someone will :bs: , as they are welcome to do, but I watched it all go down with my own two eyes, and its a memory I'll happily take to the grave.

AUsome story!

I believe.

:)

Why did they move?

Like I said, I'm sure someone will :bs:/> , as they are welcome to do, but I watched it all go down with my own two eyes, and its a memory I'll happily take to the grave.

Id buy you a beer if I could.

For two consecutive mornings, I've been able to drive to work in Atlanta with the windows down in legitimate pleasantness.

That's NIP enough for me.

25 days, 4 hours, 31 minutes.

WDE.

Not intending to usurp a certain eagle's role, but in case he is preoccupied, I think it's past time for the tease to begin...

Some positive indications from the Nip-O-Meter

AuburnGirl1-2.jpg

For two consecutive mornings, I've been able to drive to work in Atlanta with the windows down in legitimate pleasantness.

WDE.

Agreed. It might not be the nip, but there is definitely a nip in Atlanta in the mornings.

I was walking past barbecue house today in auburn and the smell took me there...then I heard a group of students talking and laughing and as I passed by a couple gave me a "war eagle!!!" all that was missing were the auburn shakers tucked away in the boots. Downtown looks great, the scoreboard casts a shadow down to momma G's, and the nip is getting closer for sure!!!!!

Why did they move?

Like I said, I'm sure someone will :bs:/> , as they are welcome to do, but I watched it all go down with my own two eyes, and its a memory I'll happily take to the grave.

Id buy you a beer if I could.

Why can't you?

Sam Adams Porch Rocker or Summer Ale, pleassir.

Keep it coming guys !!!

WDE.

Agreed. It might not be the nip, but there is definitely a nip in Atlanta in the mornings.

Speaking of Atlanta...

I purchased tickets to the opener for some friends and myself from the Louisville ticket site today.

I nipped a little.

WDE.

Speaking of Atlanta...

I purchased tickets to the opener for some friends and myself from the Louisville ticket site today.

I nipped a little.

:clap:

I did that for the SECCG a couple years ago. We owned the Dome. Guessing we will for this game, too. I still don't know whether or not I can go to the opener, though :(

For me, it's more than a temp... It's weird but there's a smell to football season... I can't describe it but it's a smell... We're almost there...

Cut grass is definitely a football smell - but mostly that reminds me of Friday nights at the HS games. The smell of charcoal and lighter fluid, or if you're a purist, hickory smoke, is a big one for me. I think taste is too - drinking a cheap beer like Coors Light or Miller early in the day is a huge "nip" moment. In Auburn, I think there's a specific smell or sense that you get while walking around for tailgating but it's almost indescribable - sort of a food/outdoorsy smell. It's all good.

Cut grass is definitely a football smell - but mostly that reminds me of Friday nights at the HS games. The smell of charcoal and lighter fluid, or if you're a purist, hickory smoke, is a big one for me. I think taste is too - drinking a cheap beer like Coors Light or Miller early in the day is a huge "nip" moment. In Auburn, I think there's a specific smell or sense that you get while walking around for tailgating but it's almost indescribable - sort of a food/outdoorsy smell. It's all good.

Definitely a BBQ smell mixed with cut grass and falling leaves??? It's hard to describe but it's right around the corner... Cooler temps factor in but not a definite since it's usually still blazing hot in JHS on a September Saturday afternoon...

In all honesty, I've avoided this thread for the longest time because I thought this was a thread about nip slips. Having said that, I still feel dirty, but thinking about Saturdays in the fall gives me the fuzzies

Archived