2015 Preseason Practice - Day 1

RunInRed

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cowart not immediately starting is interesting.

Guess Lambert was better than I thought

Or it could be that he's a true freshman and today was the first practice he's been involved in. We have a month until the first game, he has time to work his way up to a starting position.

Part of our defense's demise last year was his absence, which was greatly overshadowed by Lawson's.

He'll be starting after first drill next practice.

Would be wonderful. Rather get as much use as possible from this beast as possible

Or it could be that he's a true freshman and today was the first practice he's been involved in. We have a month until the first game, he has time to work his way up to a starting position.

Yellow font missed.

Was Boom telling him to get inside because of the chin strap or get inside the receiver. I would say the latter when he followed up with it is a new concept we have this year.

SW looks really comfortable in the backfield. JR has a great burst!

I thought White was the backup. Earlier in the thread it said Queen was running the second team.

I don't know if there is anything to it but Queen looked better in the spring game to me than white.

White is the backup.

Where it said earlier in the thread that Queen was second team (good eye, a4e) was a mistake. It was White.

Where was Tray Matthews?

At Target getting school supplies.

But tax free weekend doesn't start until Friday for back to school supplies

SW looks really comfortable in the backfield. JR has a great burst!

I thought White was the backup. Earlier in the thread it said Queen was running the second team.

I don't know if there is anything to it but Queen looked better in the spring game to me than white.

Sean seemed to hang on to the ball for a long time but seemed pretty accurate from what i recall. He'll catch up to the speed of the SEC.

No mention of Ricardo Louis with the first team WRs...I assume there's no issue there, though?

Lambert is good, really good. Cowart will not start right away. He is a true freshman. He will be in the rotation however and by the end of of the year, who knows?

No mention of Ricardo Louis with the first team WRs...I assume there's no issue there, though?

I would not read much into the 1st and 2nd teams at this point in time. Ricardo will be a starter along with Duke.

Lambert is good, really good. Cowart will not start right away. He is a true freshman. He will be in the rotation however and by the end of of the year, who knows?

^^Ths^^ imo

On the wide receiver list where was Tony Stevens? I was really hoping with his size he would make the next step up.

If cowart would have walked in and been a starter I would be worried to be honest

i still think he could. Even if he is listed as 2nd team i think he will play as many snaps as starters.

I don't know if you guys remember but Myron Burton looked like a monster at A-day. I'm hoping to see a lot more of that from all the WRs this year. Heart and fighting for the ball at the highest point.

If cowart would have walked in and been a starter I would be worried to be honest

i still think he could. Even if he is listed as 2nd team i think he will play as many snaps as starters.

That's fine, that's what Lawson did. But if he would have walked in and on the first day of practice and be an unquestionable starter it would mean we are lacking big time. Imo

I don't know if you guys remember but Myron Burton looked like a monster at A-day. I'm hoping to see a lot more of that from all the WRs this year. Heart and fighting for the ball at the highest point.

Burton had a great spring game. Hope he can get into the rotation this year.

Archived