1993 Iron Bowl as AU Ends the Season 11-0

AU-24

I've done my share of off-season arguing with some of Y'all, I think it is just because we just can't wait for the season to start. With that said, I thought I would post something we can all agree on.

My wife went to the restroom while the med staff was looking after Stan W. She missed the touchdown pass to Sanders. When she got back to her seat she wanted to know "What happened? The whole stadium was moving while I was in the restroom." I still give her a hard time about missing such a big play in AU football lore.

My wife went to the restroom while the med staff was looking after Stan W. She missed the touchdown pass to Sanders. When she got back to her seat she wanted to know "What happened? The whole stadium was moving while I was in the restroom." I still give her a hard time about missing such a big play in AU football lore.

My eyes were glued (with tears) on Sanders, as he pulled that one down! Just another one of those moments we can't forget. Something that doesn't get talked about much; but it was 4th and long and UAT had only single coverage on Sanders inside their five yard line. Many thanks to Gene Stallings for that call.

I was at the opposite endzone on the ramp from the Sanders catch. I knew he got in by the crowds reaction. James Bostics run was right at me. I think Tony Richardson made the block than sprung him. What a day.

That was my freshman year. Wow...what a way to start a love affair with my Alma Mater. It was almost surreal. So glad I experienced that season. Beating UGA and Bama, having brgaaing rights over my entire family and friends...very satisfying. Thanks for the reminder. That also makes me miss brother Jim Fyffe and the Flush for some random reason. Memories yo...

I was one of the few AU fans that was inside Bryant Denny and watching on the big screen. One of the oddest experiences of my life but one I'll never forget. Could have ended really bad but turned out awesome.

I was born in 93 and my niece was born in 2013. Coincidence both years were excellent? Nothing wrong with prayer in sports.

Was anyone else in your family born in 2015?

I was one of the few AU fans that was inside Bryant Denny and watching on the big screen. One of the oddest experiences of my life but one I'll never forget. Could have ended really bad but turned out awesome.

Like 44,000 in Bryant Denny that day. Many Auburn fans there with you?

was the greatest team on radio that year and if you did not live in alabama you did not get to listen to any games as that was before internet radio

was the greatest team on radio that year and if you did not live in alabama you did not get to listen to any games as that was before internet radio

I'm in Florida and listened to every game.

Weren't a whole lot, no. I was there with some Turd buddies of mine and was young and cocky but made it out unscathed. :)

Weren't a whole lot, no. I was there with some Turd buddies of mine and was young and cocky but made it out unscathed. :)

Good for you!

I remember sitting in the stadium after the game was over, listening to the end of the Notre Dame/Florida St. All the pieces were falling just right.....I thought.

I was born in 93 and my niece was born in 2013. Coincidence both years were excellent? Nothing wrong with prayer in sports.

Do newborn puppies count?

I remember sitting in the stadium after the game was over, listening to the end of the Notre Dame/Florida St. All the pieces were falling just right.....I thought.

Boston College......

One of the greatest upsets of a #1 team.

mod note: thread cleaned up of the childishness. If you can't act like an adult don't post. Take the childish behaviour to PM's.

Do newborn puppies count?

Are they considered family members?

Boston College......

correct, I guess I didn't remember all that well. It seems too be happening too often.

One of the greatest upsets of a #1 team.

Thanks for the memories of that game! At the time my girls(now Auburn grads) were 5 and 3. We had lots of people wanting to buy their tickets to the game.. Their dad and I told them if they wanted to sell their tickets they could and keep the money and go to Toys R Us. It was a hard ticket at the time due to no TV but my girls were much more interested in going to the game. I still remember when Stan got hurt that Patrick Nix couldn't find his helmet on the sideline. I still believe that distraction kept him from getting nervous before the play. War Eagle!

I just thank God that we are able to come together each Saturday in the Fall, to pull our guys through in games like that.

How else would we have been given "The Prayer in Jordan-Hare"?

Archived