Video appears to show police shooting man with hands raised

TitanTiger

Don't recall anyone siding with the cop in N Charleston.

Did he go free?

I'm pretty sure the cop was charged. But the usual chorus of dunces chimed in early that the guy would still be alive if he hadn't run.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody sided with him but there were still going into his record, talking about his child support, shouldn't have ran etc.

Did he go free?

I'm pretty sure the cop was charged. But the usual chorus of dunces chimed in early that the guy would still be alive if he hadn't run.

How is it being a dunce if you point out the facts? He had no reason to run whatsoever. He had no reason to be shot, but he shouldn't have run the first place either.

A news station in Texas has obtained a video—apparently shot by a bystander—that appears to show sheriff deputies shooting and killing a shirtless man who has his hands raised in the air. The video seems to be at odds with their own version of the event, in which they say after they encountered an injured woman holding a baby following a domestic-violence call, they then spent 20 minutes attempting to subdue a suspect who was armed with a knife. According their report, they used both a Taser and a shield before shooting Gilbert Flores. In the video however—which is graphic—Flores is seen standing still with his hands in the air before officers shot him at point blank range. The incident is being investigated and two of the deputies are on administrative leave.

http://www.relevantm...is-hands-raised

I watched the video. Initially the guy is running around but then is stationary. Police look to be maybe 20 feet away from him. He is standing still and raises his hands. Then they just shoot him.

If the domestic violence charge is true, I'm not saying the perp isn't an a-hole. But they police gave a completely different account of this than what the video shows.

The video shows his hand obscured, and he appeared to be moving moments prior to the shot.

You've lost your damn mind. His hands are both up. It's getting shot that causes them to come down. You aren't registering that the gun report is slightly delayed. But there was no movement before they shot him.

And the officers know that...which is why they falsified their report.

"Lost my damn mind" Umm....ok. I don't know how you can form such a solid conclusion off a crappy video where the suspect is partially obscured by a utility pole but ok.

Nobody sided with him but there were still going into his record, talking about his child support, shouldn't have ran etc.

So ? Where those false claims? Did anyone why about any of that stuff?

And his department initially backed him before learning of the existence of the video.

I don't think the question is whether these are true or false claims. The question is one of relevance.

And his department initially backed him before learning of the existence of the video.

So ? You train a officer to act & do his job a certain way, you stand by that man / woman until given a reason not to. You let THE FACTS lead you to what comes next. How'd you feel if they came out and said " Yeah, we had a feeling he'd go and pull a stunt like this. " ? Good grief.

I don't think the question is whether these are true or false claims. The question is one of relevance.

In trying to understand why anyone would run on a trivial matter like a tail light, it helps to find out who that person was first. It's only logical.

Well from your logic then you should think you don't know what was said between those two. For all you know the policeman could have said I'm going to kill you.....Since you wait on FACTS

In trying to understand why anyone would run on a trivial matter like a tail light, it helps to find out who that person was first. It's only logical.

Find out. Just don't shoot them to do it.

A news station in Texas has obtained a video—apparently shot by a bystander—that appears to show sheriff deputies shooting and killing a shirtless man who has his hands raised in the air. The video seems to be at odds with their own version of the event, in which they say after they encountered an injured woman holding a baby following a domestic-violence call, they then spent 20 minutes attempting to subdue a suspect who was armed with a knife. According their report, they used both a Taser and a shield before shooting Gilbert Flores. In the video however—which is graphic—Flores is seen standing still with his hands in the air before officers shot him at point blank range. The incident is being investigated and two of the deputies are on administrative leave.

http://www.relevantm...is-hands-raised

I watched the video. Initially the guy is running around but then is stationary. Police look to be maybe 20 feet away from him. He is standing still and raises his hands. Then they just shoot him.

If the domestic violence charge is true, I'm not saying the perp isn't an a-hole. But they police gave a completely different account of this than what the video shows.

The video shows his hand obscured, and he appeared to be moving moments prior to the shot.

You've lost your damn mind. His hands are both up. It's getting shot that causes them to come down. You aren't registering that the gun report is slightly delayed. But there was no movement before they shot him.

And the officers know that...which is why they falsified their report.

"Lost my damn mind" Umm....ok. I don't know how you can form such a solid conclusion off a crappy video where the suspect is partially obscured by a utility pole but ok.

This is exactly what I was talking about

He's not obscured enough to believe he's moving prior to the shot. That's what I mean by the "lost your damn mind" remark. Plus, the sheriff department has said there is another video they have viewed of the incident. I'm pretty sure that if there was evidence that the other arm was moving toward anything, they'd mention it.

He's not obscured enough to believe he's moving prior to the shot. That's what I mean by the "lost your damn mind" remark. Plus, the sheriff department has said there is another video they have viewed of the incident. I'm pretty sure that if there was evidence that the other arm was moving toward anything, they'd mention it.

I've said this before... If that was his son or daughter, would he have pulled that trigger?

No one said the officer was wrong to pursue him. Of course that's shady to run from a traffic stop. But such issues as why he ran, whether he owed child support and so on have zero relevance on whether or not shooting him was justified.

Well from your logic then you should think you don't know what was said between those two. For all you know the policeman could have said I'm going to kill you.....Since you wait on FACTS

That defies reason. If you want to go there cole, you go alone.

Did he go free?

are you saying he would have been murdered if he hadn't ran?

For the record, i watched the video. I saw no reason to shoot this individual. Even if he had a knife in his hand. He was obviously not complying earlier but didn't appear to be a threat to cops with a gun pointed at him. It sucks to have to deal with that situation but they are trained and paid to deal with it.

Did he go free?

Have the same question. So that officer would of just walked up to the car and put bullets in the head of the two men?

Not supporting the officer in that case at all. But I do believe the victim would be alive today if he had not run.

Did he go free?

The cop showed that he was a murderer. Maybe so.

Cops have been trained to catch fleeing suspects. That's just part of the job. Saying the Victim wouldn't have died if he didn't run is just an unfounded distraction to the fact that there is YET AGAIN another case of police brutality.

100% sure had he not run or not resisted arrest that he'd not have been shot. That's the world I live in .

Cops have been trained to catch fleeing suspects. That's just part of the job. Saying the Victim wouldn't have died if he didn't run is just an unfounded distraction to the fact that there is YET AGAIN another case of police brutality.

i didn't excuse the murder. I do think it is fair to point out one sure fire way to avoid being shot. Other than tamir rice and this guy in Atlanta show me who didn't do anything to escalate the situation to make the officer use bad judgment. Not many, i assure you. That's why i don't go around scared of police. I am about A thousand times more likely to get killed by a car jacker or a road rager.

100% sure had he not run or not resisted arrest that he'd not have been shot. That's the world I live in .

Yeah well I'm 100 percent sure that guy also drank water at some point in his life. Your statistic is s***

Yeah well I'm 100 percent sure that guy also drank water at some point in his life. Your statistic is s***

It's not a stat. It's reality.

Archived