Video appears to show police shooting man with hands raised

TitanTiger

]This^^^ Drugs, even the hardcore stuff, can be easily found or made these days.

Also, marijuana is not more addictive than alcohol nor nicotine. I fought personal demons for about 4 days in a row and had cravings about two months straight after I quit dipping so I'm guessing nicotine is at least top two of the most addicting substances.

Most addictive...

1. Heroin

2. Cocaine/Crack

3. Nicotine

4. Methadone

5. Crystal Meth

6. Barbituites

7. Alcohol

sooo... yeah.

I was one off. Sue me. And crack cocaine is more addictive than powder cocaine. You should make that distinction.

I figured nicotine would be near the top too, been smoking for awhile, always been a light smoker but I can quit for 6 months and still have cravings for it.

And that study did have an * on several of the substances like coke/crack/heroin/etc saying how addictive it was changed based on the form it was in and how it was put into the body.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most addictive...

1. Heroin

2. Cocaine/Crack

3. Nicotine

4. Methadone

5. Crystal Meth

6. Barbituites

7. Alcohol

sooo... yeah.

Where would prescription painkillers like Oxycontin fall in that list?

Before alcohol at least. I can't stand thieving pill heads.

If you look up most addictive legal drugs top three consistently show nicotine at the top. with 2nd and third interchangeable between Oxycontin and alcohol.

I don't know how that list defines " most addictive " maybe by availability or initial grip. The narcotics investigators i know very well told me crystal meth is almost impossible to get off of. They say they have seen(and helped) several people clean up on coke, he knows one person who got off meth. It literally takes their soul .

I don't know how that list defines " most addictive " maybe by availability or initial grip. The narcotics investigators i know very well told me crystal meth is almost impossible to get off of. They say they have seen(and helped) several people clean up on coke, he knows one person who got off meth. It literally takes their soul .

They defined it by pleasure, psychological dependence, and physical dependence. Heroin was at the top for all 3. Meth wasn't even studied the 1st time by David Nutt. A different team updated his research in 2007 and they placed Meth 5th using his same criteria. Also interesting is the new study after Nutts original work they changed nicotine to having the same score as cocaine.

They defined it by pleasure, psychological dependence, and physical dependence. Heroin was at the top for all 3. Meth wasn't even studied the 1st time by David Nutt. A different team updated his research in 2007 and they placed Meth 5th using his same criteria. Also interesting is the new study after Nutts original work they changed nicotine to having the same score as cocaine.

interesting, i'll look it up. Thx

You not liking basic truth doesn't = to me being full of s***. You're just being stubborn & childish while trying to " win " the Internet.

Sit down son, game's over.

Raptor calling someone stubborn and childish. That's good. :rolleyes:

He can't end a post without an insult.

I replied to your question. My answer was you are getting stuck on messageboard idiocy. And that's all I'm gonna say about the matter. Feel free to continue asking relevant questions, I'm just not gonna respond.

Right. :lmao:

You not liking basic truth doesn't = to me being full of s***. You're just being stubborn & childish while trying to " win " the Internet.

Sit down son, game's over.

Raptor calling someone stubborn and childish. That's good. :rolleyes:

He can't end a post without an insult.

I schooled him on the subject for free and that is the gratitude I receive. Kids these days. Pfft

stric9, what is your idea for dealing with drugs?

Personally, I think strategy combining decriminalization, regulation of production, treatment, education, and law enforcement where necessary is a better direction. I do not pretend to have the magic answer for national drug policy. Drugs are not something that can be "dealt with". By that, I consider them similar to alcohol in that there is no way to realistically prevent people from becoming addicted to them, or to eradicate them. Since they cannot be eradicated, I would prefer their production and distribution to be regulated instead of left to drug cartels and street gangs.

What I do believe is that our current policy of prohibition and throwing law enforcement / incarceration at it is not working, has produced a host of unintended consequences, and has produced little or no positive results. To continue such policy while expecting different results is foolish to me; it has had a three decade trial run, and it has failed. It is little different from our experience with alcohol prohibition, except it has taken us far longer to learn that lesson.

Aside from marijuana, I despise drugs. I would be glad if it were not necessary to have this conversation, but I have seen enough results to conclude that there are no circumstances under which we can arrest or seize our way out of the drug epidemic.

Some people are finally coming around to the fact that the punishments over weed were way too extreme.

Video

Personally, I think strategy combining decriminalization, regulation of production, treatment, education, and law enforcement where necessary is a better direction. I do not pretend to have the magic answer for national drug policy. Drugs are not something that can be "dealt with". By that, I consider them similar to alcohol in that there is no way to realistically prevent people from becoming addicted to them, or to eradicate them. Since they cannot be eradicated, I would prefer their production and distribution to be regulated instead of left to drug cartels and street gangs.

What I do believe is that our current policy of prohibition and throwing law enforcement / incarceration at it is not working, has produced a host of unintended consequences, and has produced little or no positive results. To continue such policy while expecting different results is foolish to me; it has had a three decade trial run, and it has failed. It is little different from our experience with alcohol prohibition, except it has taken us far longer to learn that lesson.

Aside from marijuana, I despise drugs. I would be glad if it were not necessary to have this conversation, but I have seen enough results to conclude that there are no circumstances under which we can arrest or seize our way out of the drug epidemic.

I get your ideas but at the same time, the legalization and regulation is not going to reduce the problem. Alcohol is the number one abused drug in our society. How many people have ruined their lives because of the abuse of it? These drugs are far more addictive and likely the attempt at strict regulation would lead to a black market. You can't have this stuff as freely available as alcohol is.

It already is as freely available as alcohol is. If you think otherwise, you are kidding yourself. I also addressed that in a subsequent post. "Likely the attempt at strict regulation would lead to a black market"? The hell are you talking about? We already have a free-for-all black market. We have had that black market since the 80's, and it has not been curtailed in any way. If anything, it has been expanded. I, even as someone that doesn't use drugs, can obtain any drug I desire within a half hour, just operating on my own cell phone contacts.

and you think legalization and attempts to regulate it are going to make it better? That's my point. It won't be like you'd be able to pop down to the corner convenience store and buy like you do a six pack. That will still leave a thriving black market in place.You're thinking legalization and government regulation will reduce the problem and it won't.

I get your ideas but at the same time, the legalization and regulation is not going to reduce the problem. Alcohol is the number one abused drug in our society. How many people have ruined their lives because of the abuse of it? These drugs are far more addictive and likely the attempt at strict regulation would lead to a black market. You can't have this stuff as freely available as alcohol is.

It already is as freely available as alcohol is. If you think otherwise, you are kidding yourself. I also addressed that in a subsequent post. "Likely the attempt at strict regulation would lead to a black market"? The hell are you talking about? We already have a free-for-all black market. We have had that black market since the 80's, and it has not been curtailed in any way. If anything, it has been expanded. I, even as someone that doesn't use drugs, can obtain any drug I desire within a half hour, just operating on my own cell phone contacts.

and you think legalization and attempts to regulate it are going to make it better? That's my point. It won't be like you'd be able to pop down to the corner convenience store and buy like you do a six pack. That will still leave a thriving black market in place.You're thinking legalization and government regulation will reduce the problem and it won't.

What I think was stated previously: I think strategy combining decriminalization, regulation of production, treatment, education, and law enforcement where necessary is a better direction. Making drugs available via a legal avenue at eventually lower prices will eliminate enough of any black market that law enforcement could more effectively combat it. Legalization is not a standalone strategy, and I did not suggest that it was. Heading in that direction is not going to instantly correct the problem either. It is a long-term problem that requires a long-term solution. We have already tried prohibition long-term, and it has failed consistently. It did with alcohol too. It is time to admit that our approach was wrong and try something new.

We have a 40+ year track record of abject failure. In every determining factor imaginable....So by all means, let's keep doing the same thing over and over again, while expecting a different result. Amazing.

We have a 40+ year track record of abject failure. In every determining factor imaginable....So by all means, let's keep doing the same thing over and over again, while expecting a different result. Amazing.

Yep. Legalize it, tax it, and move on.

Came to the same conclusion a while back.

Working in a rescue mission, it became clear mj is a gateway drug, BUT SO IS ALCOHOL.

It is everywhere and it may as well be legalized. I know retirees at work that are literally counting down the days until they can toke again, because they would fail a drug test and LOSE THEIR JOBS FOR ACTING LIKE GROWNUPS. Why do grown men and women, good folks, have to change their lives, for really something that is no one else's business? People are smoking dope like it is going out of style now. Hell, i could make the argument that it is not as bad as alcohol. I have never seen someone on pot get violent with another soul.

Came to the same conclusion a while back.

Working in a rescue mission, it became clear mj is a gateway drug, BUT SO IS ALCOHOL.

It is everywhere and it may as well be legalized. I know retirees at work that are literally counting down the days until they can toke again, because they would fail a drug test and LOSE THEIR JOBS FOR ACTING LIKE GROWNUPS. Why do grown men and women, good folks, have to change their lives, for really something that is no one else's business? People are smoking dope like it is going out of style now. Hell, i could make the argument that it is not as bad as alcohol. I have never seen someone on pot get violent with another soul.

They should put it in the water. ;)

(If it could be made water-soluble.)

Archived