Myron Burton

Bunn1

Odd timing though. This was just now figured out that he was buried on the depth chart- the opening week of the season? Weird indeed.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was told this 2 weeks ago by someone close to his family. I posted about it, but deleted my post as I hoped he would have a change of heart. He hopes to play baseball. We all wish him well in anything he does. My buddy who told me couldn't give me any reason why other than twist PTB has just alluded to. Feeling like he was not getting the opportunity that he felt he earned.

Bottom line he was way down the depth chart. Also, when some players work hard every day and are not rewarded it must be pretty hard to step in line behind someone who doesn't.

The latter part of this is rank speculation. Not to mention, playing time is a function of hard work and natural talent. There are boys all over that team that bust ass but never see the field because they're not big and fast and strong enough to be better than the ones in front of them, even if they work harder.

Bottom line he was way down the depth chart. Also, when some players work hard every day and are not rewarded it must be pretty hard to step in line behind someone who doesn't.

The latter part of this is rank speculation. Not to mention, playing time is a function of hard work and natural talent. There are boys all over that team that bust ass but never see the field because they're not big and fast and strong enough to be better than the ones in front of them, even if they work harder.

agree. The coaches play the player who performs best. Excluding discipline. He is a 2nd year freshman, that is no time to bolt. Hell, pat dye has stated publicly that bo Jackson didn't work hard training or practice. He didn't play a less talented player ahead of him though. Like i said maybe he don't burn bridges and someone can influence him. If not good luck with baseball.

Disappointing... and nobody knows the real reason... but this happens in every level of sport (and life really)... you can work your tail off, always show up on time, always there before anyone else and stay after anyone else, and in the end if there is someone with more talent or experience, that person will probably start over you. You either have to suck it up and continue to work hard while waiting for your turn (which may or may not come) or you find something else to do.

Can't lose what you never had. Regroup and move on Team.

Burton looked great in the A-Day game (MVP on offense) but against a woeful defense. Just goes to show that not much stock should be placed on A-Day performances. Truth is Burton is a good WR but not as good as several in front of him. He will play and contribute for somebody, just not AU.

Burton looked great in the A-Day game (MVP on offense) but against a woeful defense. Just goes to show that not much stock should be placed on A-Day performances. Truth is Burton is a good WR but not as good as several in front of him. He will play and contribute for somebody, just not AU.

Pure speculation. He could've contributed at AU.

Pure speculation. He could've contributed at AU.

Agree. The tone of some comments makes it seems like he was a bust. I really didn't think he'd help much this year but sure as heck would have been nice to have next year. He didn't have break away speed or was over powering but i saw a WR that went up and got the ball...made plays for his QB and that has been a knock that many including myself have made about our WRs in the past. So that's why i appreciated him from what little we were able to see of him.

I wish Myron Burton the best of luck. I wish he'd stick it out and wait for his number to be called, but there's probably more to his decision than that. We shouldn't make assumptions that he has a bad attitude or that the coaches don't appreciate him. Good luck and I hope he lands where God has meant for him to be!

If Myron and the coaches mutually agreed that this would be his best move, then I'm wishing him all the best in whatever he does going forward. There was no mention of him transferring, although I guess that could still happen. And I think it is unfair to him and the coaches to be speculating about *why* he's stepping away from the team, with no real evidence.

On my phone right now but if anyone is friends with him on IG he posted a picture that says "Humble & Hungry" with the comment: "Fuel the fire" and with a picture of a baseball at the end.

Someone asked him if he's pitching again and Myron responded: "yea bro. Gotta see if i still got it lol." No sure if he's serious but that's what's on his IG.

11987047_941991420834_5076796944775854785_n.jpg?oh=75b5f2e4ce5ac242134937201bc65ed7&oe=56668991

Hell....why not walk over to Coach G's office and see if he can give it a shot there?

I wish Myron Burton the best of luck. I wish he'd stick it out and wait for his number to be called, but there's probably more to his decision than that. We shouldn't make assumptions that he has a bad attitude or that the coaches don't appreciate him. Good luck and I hope he lands where God has meant for him to be!

Well said. I have only heard good things about this young man. Let's stay away from speculation and simply wish him all the best for his future.

I wish the young man the absolute best. This team will still be a huge force to recon with and I feel good about 2015 with the young men who want to play for Auburn and win championships one game at a time.

Never saw this one coming.

Assuming Burton was a very good HS pitcher, he may have been privately weighing the decision to ultimately choose between football and baseball. It may have been triggered by the notion that he will receive limited action this season.

Although some have hinted his role would have probably increased next season, his mind may have been set on more either getting a more expanded role this season, or bolting for baseball if that wasn't in the works.

Archived