Myron Burton

Bunn1

Damn, there was talk of him being better than Sammie, Duke, Beasley, Jerry Rice, Calvin Johnson. What happened?

I want to smoke on whatever it was the people saying those things were.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would this decision have anything at all to do with Duke Williams? And do we have confirmation from Sunny G. that he is going that way?

The reason I ask if it had anything to do with Duke is the timing of the story

Would this decision have anything at all to do with Duke Williams? And do we have confirmation from Sunny G. that he is going that way?

The reason I ask if it had anything to do with Duke is the timing of the story

Hard to say what all goes in to a decision without getting the answer from the person himself. I'm betting there is more to the story than the anything to do with the football team. Won't likely get word from our baseball team unless he shows up for tryouts. Again it goes back to the idea that there is probably more to it than a depth chart and he may not even be staying at AU.... or he may :dunno:

On the Duke deal, no one in their right mind would expect to start over what some consider the best player on the team and a shoe in for a first round draft pick, so....no...nothing to do with Duke.

If it's simply because he chose baseball over football, why isn't that being announced? Is there some double super secret issue when baseball is chosen over football? Doesn't make sense. If that's the EXCLUSIVE reason, how's it "mutual"? Coach Craig has had a lot of drama within his flock this pre-season.

Every kid shows up to AU believing that will have significant playing time. They believe that and they should. But some will not see the field and many of those make decisions to do something else. And that is o.k. In today's environment, I would imagine that most kids going to a D1 school believe they will make their living as a professional athlete. It is secondary to earn a degree for the purpose of making a living. Not saying it is either good or bad, it is just the way it is. Some kids (like Burton) pull the trigger quickly on this decision. In all honesty that is o.k. because in football you need to sign your 25 every year. If you don't you are backing up and to be able to do that some have to leave the program early.

See JJ on how to wait for your chance and keep practicing hard. If he was good enough to play-he would!! Hope the best for him in his future.

Archived