StatTiger's Podcast - Submit Your Questions!

RunInRed

As many of you know, StatTiger has begun recording weekly podcasts and will continue to do this each week throughout the season:

For future podcasts, he will have an AUFAMILY segment during to respond to any questions posted in this thread. So, fire away!

Tell us what you want to hear, and please feel free to post any questions. We want to get fans involved, and we want to hear any comments that AUFAMILY has on the quality and content of the Podcast.

Q. Why doesn't the SEC increase the number of conference games to 9, or even 10? With the recent emphasis on getting a quality Big-5 conference opponent added each year to replace the usual cupcake opponent, it seems the SEC is missing a great opportunity. Scheduling an additional SEC opponent has some attractive benefits: (1) increases or revives intra-conference rivalries (e.g. AU-UF or AU-UT,) easily satisfies the quality opponent question, it's cheaper than shelling out $1M+ to beat up on a hapless patsy. Would like to hear some intelligent discussion on this issue and not so much "the SEC West is the toughest division, blah-blah." It hasn't always been this way and will likely not always be so in the future -- these kind of perceptions are cyclical.

Makes total sense to me. Let's do it!

Q. Why doesn't the SEC increase the number of conference games to 9, or even 10? With the recent emphasis on getting a quality Big-5 conference opponent added each year to replace the usual cupcake opponent, it seems the SEC is missing a great opportunity. Scheduling an additional SEC opponent has some attractive benefits: (1) increases or revives intra-conference rivalries (e.g. AU-UF or AU-UT,) easily satisfies the quality opponent question, it's cheaper than shelling out $1M+ to beat up on a hapless patsy. Would like to hear some intelligent discussion on this issue and not so much "the SEC West is the toughest division, blah-blah." It hasn't always been this way and will likely not always be so in the future -- these kind of perceptions are cyclical.

Thanks for the question!

Keep them coming guys! We appreciate the help and love the perspective these questions can give!

What completion percentage should Johnson be at? I know it was set a bit lower for Marshall, but Johnson's AU career completion percentage is 73% I believe. Is that sustainable given the amount of time he will be playing?

What determines Home Team at neutral site games?

Stat, I love your analyses of the levels of experience of teams. Obviously, lack of experience is one of the biggest concerns for this year's Auburn team. I wonder whether you have looked back on, say, the last 10 teams to win the National Championship and figured out the average level of experience, as well as the least experienced team to win.

How would this year's team compare to the last 10 winners? Would the current Auburn team be the least experienced to win the National Championship?

What % of the running plays against Louisville included the jet sweep action? What % of snaps on defense in the 2nd half were out of base formation? Seems we went vanilla when the freshman QB came in the game.

Thanks again for all your efforts Stat!

Interested on your thoughts on the RB situation ... Obviously Barber shined but JR showed flashes before his (injury?) ... Also, how do you think we can best utilize Roc's talents ... He seemed a little fish out of water in the role we had him in at the beginning of the game and running between the tackles .

I will add another ... Were you surprised to see Ricardo Louis as the "speed sweep guy", replacing Corey Grant ... OMac, etc. Do you expect him to continue in this role or do you think we have other weapons we should try for those type plays?

With Carl Lawson on a crutch, maybe precautionary maybe not, what does it mean to Auburn's potential National title run if they are without a premier pass rusher?

2010 had Nick Failey, 2013 had Dee Ford, and to a lesser extent 2006 11-2 team had quentin groves. What's the best a recent Auburn team has without a premier pass rusher (at least 9.5 sacks for this topic)?

Archived