Low Ticket Sales to UA vs Wisc Game!

Mike4AU

I really think fans are growing tired of the neutral site kickoff games. Maybe not casual fans, or fans of other teams that enjoy watching a top match up, but I know I'd enjoy have Louisville at home Saturday much more than going to Atlanta.

I really think fans are growing tired of the neutral site kickoff games. Maybe not casual fans, or fans of other teams that enjoy watching a top match up, but I know I'd enjoy have Louisville at home Saturday much more than going to Atlanta.

5 mile road trip for me, lovin it! Beware traffic in Atlanta this weekend is going to be total disaster!

5 mile road trip for me, lovin it! Beware traffic in Atlanta this weekend is going to be total disaster!

You got that right! I have to deal with that crap enough during the week....it's going to be crazy this weekend in ATL. Other events going on as well.

Super long trip for both fan bases, one team is assuming a win and the other a loss, nothing to do in Dallas that either fan base can't find a LOT closer to home, everybody's kids just went back to school, many of the folks who would make this trip probably also had an expensive summer vacation... makes sense to me.

Atlanta's an hour from Auburn.

You got that right! I have to deal with that crap enough during the week....it's going to be crazy this weekend in ATL. Other events going on as well.

Clusterfest! For anybody going to the game who doesn't already know, be sure to catch the DragonCon parade Saturday. Hilarious.

Clusterfest! For anybody going to the game who doesn't already know, be sure to catch the DragonCon parade Saturday. Hilarious.

Starts at 10:00am (eastern).

http://www.dragoncon.org/?q=parade

This afternoon, we have:

1. Falcons Preseason game

2. GA Tech opener

3. The downtown connector getting shut down for the VP motorcade.

Today is a bad day to drive.

Super long trip for both fan bases, one team is assuming a win and the other a loss, nothing to do in Dallas that either fan base can't find a LOT closer to home, everybody's kids just went back to school, many of the folks who would make this trip probably also had an expensive summer vacation... makes sense to me.

In all fairness, Dallas has the Pecan Lodge BBQ which is far better than anything I've ever had anywhere in Alabama (and I grew up and lived all but 1 year of my life in Alabama and have eaten BBQ all over) and the taco shops make the gourmet Mexican restaurants in Bham look like Taco Bell. Of course, tacos and BBQ may not be enough of a reason o go to Texas...

I'm perfectly fine throwing some pork on the grill, icing down some beer and spending my entire day on Saturday sitting in the chair watching good football. Because next Saturday that 11:00 am game vs Jax State will drain my body and brain in that heat and humidity. I'm going to enjoy this Saturday in the cool confines of home.

This afternoon, we have:

2. GA Tech opener

You forgot the Black Gay Pride festival. Wife is watching Alcorn State doing their final walk through to take out Ga Tech tonight.

In all fairness, Dallas has the Pecan Lodge BBQ which is far better than anything I've ever had anywhere in Alabama (and I grew up and lived all but 1 year of my life in Alabama and have eaten BBQ all over) and the taco shops make the gourmet Mexican restaurants in Bham look like Taco Bell. Of course, tacos and BBQ may not be enough of a reason o go to Texas...

Atlanta has some solid BBQ and the Tacos rival most states. Got to love diversity on Buford Hywy

In all honesty, if the AU game was in Dallas this weekend, I would bet it would see the same ticket sales. Not a good fit for these teams to go out to Dallas for the first game.

This afternoon, we have:

2. GA Tech opener

Working from home today, praise Little Baby Jesus.

You do have a point there. I really enjoyed Railhead BBQ in Fort Worth, and Joe T. Garcia's, too (maybe a little touristy, and not "Mexican" at all, but I'm not too proud to gorge myself on fajitas and margaritas).

I'm perfectly fine throwing some pork on the grill, icing down some beer and spending my entire day on Saturday sitting in the chair watching good football. Because next Saturday that 11:00 am game vs Jax State will drain my body and brain in that heat and humidity. I'm going to enjoy this Saturday in the cool confines of home.

Amen, keesler. A. Men.

You forgot the Black Gay Pride festival. Wife is watching Alcorn State doing their final walk through to take out Ga Tech tonight.

It really is a melting pot.

Atlanta has some solid BBQ and the Tacos rival most states. Got to love diversity on Buford Hywy

Fact.

In all honesty, if the AU game was in Dallas this weekend, I would bet it would see the same ticket sales. Not a good fit for these teams to go out to Dallas for the first game.

Agreed.

DragonCon is not as much fun as it used to be, before they imposed the dress code restriction on the gals.

I'm sayin.

Seriously, though, it is pretty entertaining. I'm lucky enough man that my wife is the one of us that wants to go more.

Hopefully the drop in attendance at the neutral site matchups will begin a shift back towards home-and-home meetings. These types of games are hurting the sport, in my opinion. Save the sponsored games for bowl season and actually play college ball at colleges.

Hopefully the drop in attendance at the neutral site matchups will begin a shift back towards home-and-home meetings. These types of games are hurting the sport, in my opinion. Save the sponsored games for bowl season and actually play college ball at colleges.

They draw good ratings and there is a boatload of money paid to the participants. I think this particular game is an aberration.

Probably true, but regional kickoff games within reasonable driving distance of both teams might be better. I hate to promote AU-Clempson, but it was easy for both team's fans to get to (and both schools have a lot of grads in Atlanta).

An Auburn-Louisville game might work better in Nashville.

Perhaps the Arlington game should focus on regional teams.

Probably true, but regional kickoff games within reasonable driving distance of both teams might be better. I hate to promote AU-Clempson, but it was easy for both team's fans to get to (and both schools have a lot of grads in Atlanta).

Yep....the cost to attend the game is Dallas for bammers was like a bowl game or something....and how many Badgers want to drive 700 miles or whatever to see a game that they can watch from the comfort of their den. The reason why I continue to lobby against the neutral site games unless they are in Atlanta.....or maybe New Orleans.

Yep....the cost to attend the game is Dallas for bammers was like a bowl game or something....and how many Badgers want to drive 700 miles or whatever to see a game that they can watch from the comfort of their den. The reason why I continue to lobby against the neutral site games unless they are in Atlanta.....or maybe New Orleans.

I will go to Arlington because it is Oregon however there aren't a lot of teams that have that draw from me. Wisky maybe because I have friends that might go, that are Wisky fans, but that is an aberration for that team for me. Most match ups are not compelling to travel 700 miles to kick off the season. UL is perfect short commute and cheap tickets. College football is about money but for the fans it is about traditions home and home all the way

I will go to Arlington because it is Oregon however there aren't a lot of teams that have that draw from me. Wisky maybe because I have friends that might go, that are Wisky fans, but that is an aberration for that team for me. Most match ups are not compelling to travel 700 miles to kick off the season. UL is perfect short commute and cheap tickets. College football is about money but for the fans it is about traditions home and home all the way

Most of the time tickets for these games are much more expensive than at the home stadiums. The Carolina-Carolina tickets were mostly above $150...some in the 200+ range....nd lots of empty seats for what was more or less a rivalry game.

Archived