Gary Danielson on AU ...

RunInRed

Go back and watch all the AU games Danielson has called starting all the way back to the game in the Swamp in 1994

Musburger and Vermeil called that game.

You are right on that sir. I watched some oldish game and was surprised to find Danielson working it. Still think the guy is very good. I like when Verne compliments him for skipping going to dinner (and drinks I assume) with everyone the night before the game so he can stay in his room and prepare. Sometimes seems like Verne may have had a cocktail or two pre-game with the way he confuses things. "Cody Parker with the extra point.."

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He'll be calling AU vs. Louisville on Saturday; observed an AU practice this week ...

Danielson: What I saw from Auburn yesterday was from 1 to 85 a much more talented team than the one that won the national championship.

@openingdrive

Trying to sell the game, I suspect. Hope he's right though.

Go back and watch all the AU games Danielson has called starting all the way back to the game in the Swamp in 1994

Musburger and Vermeil called that game.

You are right on that sir. I watched some oldish game and was surprised to find Danielson working it. Still think the guy is very good.

First Auburn game I recall Danielson did was 1990 Tennessee. I knew I was listening to a blooming star then. He and Ron Franklin that one season were the best broadcasting duo I've ever heard......

Our center has never played center before. We're hoping mightily for significant improvement from our LT. We're still not sure who our best LG is. Kozan didn't play last year. Our RG played as much TE as he did OL last year. Our backup RT is a true freshman. In fact, there's almost no D1 experience behind any of our starters.

Our 1s on the OL total about half the starts that last year's did, and that includes Golson's full season at a different position.

"Wait and see" does not equal "forecasting doom". I'm optimistic about our potential, but I have no illusions about our experience- or, more appropriately, lack thereof.

Eight true freshmen on the two-deep. Eight.

Is this where I put the stupid fire Grimes joke because you offered a great analysis and showed logic in why you can't say we will beat every team by 40?

Just said we may have the best OL in all of college football...

Man, folks are tripping over themselves trying to out-compliment us. I love it. They might be completely wrong, but I LOVE being the sexy team.

Go back and watch all the AU games Danielson has called starting all the way back to the game in the Swamp in 1994 ( a victory which ranks in the top ten victories all time by AU. Don't think I have felt higher about a tiger victory than after that game...) Danielson has a great ability to predict what is going to happen on a preceding play. Verne is a harmless and good-natured doofus but Danielson is the real deal I think. He also tends to like AU which can't help but make you like him. Damn, how much longer?

Yeah I've always liked Danielson's analysis--he actually does his homework.

Agreed. Danielson is great. Like Alexava said, he's as good as any in the business.

Did anyone else notice when Vern called CBP "Bobby Trevino"?

Go back and watch all the AU games Danielson has called starting all the way back to the game in the Swamp in 1994 ( a victory which ranks in the top ten victories all time by AU. Don't think I have felt higher about a tiger victory than after that game...) Danielson has a great ability to predict what is going to happen on a preceding play. Verne is a harmless and good-natured doofus but Danielson is the real deal I think. He also tends to like AU which can't help but make you like him. Damn, how much longer?

Yeah I've always liked Danielson's analysis--he actually does his homework.

Agreed. Danielson is great. Like Alexava said, he's as good as any in the business.

Did anyone else notice when Vern called CBP "Bobby Trevino"?

Yup.

Archived