UNC-USC Game Thread

looney

Dangit, I'm ready for this season to get started.

I know I'm about 3-1/2 hours premature on this, but let's start talking about a game we can watch today!

The *other* SEC-ACC matchup of the weekend.

Anyone leaving work early to see the season kick off?

Anyone dying to see anything in particular from this game?

I have lots of SC and NC ties in my family, so it's of interest to me.

GO!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After last year's pitiful post-season showing by the SEC, I would think we need to pull for USC in this one. How conferences are perceived is more important than ever now with 5 major conferences and only 4 playoff spots. I know we don't play SCarolina this year but they let a crappy UNC team (based on last year) beat them that will be bad news overall IMO.

Interesting that the kickoff is so early, though.

Go 'Heels! Other SEC teams? Anybody else remember 2010? Mizzou and A&M I can root for. To hell with the rest of them.

I understand. I have no love for anybody else in the conference either. But saying from a national perspective, people are pissed that the SEC receives so much hype (it's deserved IMO) that they are looking for every way to discredit the SEC's power. And last year we did not represent ourselves very well so there has already been articles alluding to the SEC becoming weaker. It is 100% in Auburn's benefit to have the rest of the conference (outside of Bama) to win their OOC games. Just my opinion, though.

I think we'll see a ridiculous amount of South Carolina's offense run through Pharoh Cooper (and with good reason). UNC has a good QB, and they may be a lot better than people are giving them credit.

I think it should actually be competitive. I'll root for USCe, but I'd take UNC+2 at home if I were betting.

Go 'Heels! Other SEC teams? Anybody else remember 2010? Mizzou and A&M I can root for. To hell with the rest of them.

I understand. I have no love for anybody else in the conference either. But saying from a national perspective, people are pissed that the SEC receives so much hype (it's deserved IMO) that they are looking for every way to discredit the SEC's power. And last year we did not represent ourselves very well so there has already been articles alluding to the SEC becoming weaker. It is 100% in Auburn's benefit to have the rest of the conference (outside of Bama) to win their OOC games. Just my opinion, though.

I'm with Tiger. I'm going to root for "the SEC" to win every single game.

But I'm also with Mikey. I'm going to root for "bama, uga, uf, ut, msu, ole miss, lsu, mizzou, atm, uk, vandy, usc and arky" to lose every single game. "To hell with the rest of them."

That works out, right?

I just want to see what Chizik's defense will look like. I fell that he can still coach and call a good game, just need to see it happen. Although, I will most likely pull for USCe.

#IWANTTOBELIEVE!!!

I think the Tarheels will surprise Spurrier and the Gamehens. I actually think the Tarheels are going to surprise quite a few this year. Just for the record, I have been wrong in my predictions before.

SPOT ON.

North Carolina just had a golden opportunity to score and threw an INT in the endzone. Touchback for South Carolina.

I bet usce fans are already frustrated. Tackling still looks like a massive issue

Yep. Looks just like last year. Man i hope we've improved from that.

Archived