Scott Walker couldn't be more wrong about the threat to police officers

JoeBags7277

"Of course, the cold-blooded murder of Deputy Goforth is a terrible tragedy. And Walker is certainly correct that there is more scrutiny of policing today, particularly over the past year or two, than there has been in the past. The Obama administration has also been more aggressive about investigating police departments that have shown a pattern of abuse than the George W. Bush administration was. But Walker is simply wrong when he tries to use Goforth’s death to say that more oversight and scrutiny of cops have made the job more dangerous. There’s just no evidence of that. All the available evidence suggests precisely the opposite."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-watch/wp/2015/09/03/scott-walker-couldnt-be-more-wrong-about-the-threat-to-police-officers/

And as usual you are dead wrong.

There should be some kind of rule against telling people they're wrong without explaining why. :glare:

Any stats of you own?

25 officers attacked since August 1st is a direct result of increased "scrutiny" from the media. HOWEVER, a few cases in the recent past of an officers misuse of force has to be included.

At the end of the day police around the country need to be on alert. The actions of a few bad apples on both sides of the law have created a situation where some in society believe cold blooded murder is an acceptable way of protest.

There should be some kind of rule against telling people they're wrong without explaining why. :glare:

Any stats of you own?

Hmm...that would be a good rule. Implementation would be a full time job here though.

Any stats of you own?

OK, another Ben rule :bananadance:

25 officers attacked since August 1st is a direct result of increased "scrutiny" from the media. HOWEVER, a few cases in the recent past of an officers misuse of force has to be included.

At the end of the day police around the country need to be on alert. The actions of a few bad apples on both sides of the law have created a situation where some in society believe cold blooded murder is an acceptable way of protest.

The predictable end result of a systemwide, stubborn refusal to punish badged evildoers and change course. They were warned by many people. The police are granted far too much legal authority in our society to seek out sociopathic personalities for employment, then grant them the same blanket protection afforded the good ones.

The predictable end result of a systemwide, stubborn refusal to punish badged evildoers and change course. They were warned by many people. The police are granted far too much legal authority in our society to seek out sociopathic personalities for employment, then grant them the same blanket protection afforded the good ones.

You pay lip service to the fallen officers but let one step out of line and they're all guilty.

You pay lip service to the fallen officers but let one step out of line and they're all guilty.

:bs: No one has ever said or implied that.

Horsecrap. Not one person here who has brought up the incidents of excessive force by police has ever suggested they are all guilty. They haven't even suggested most are guilty. Complete exaggeration.

So the thought can't be the cause of the attacks are the increased cases of police brutality? That's hilarious.

Horsecrap. Not one person here who has brought up the incidents of excessive force by police has ever suggested they are all guilty. They haven't even suggested most are guilty. Complete exaggeration.

CT comes and says this once every ten posts in every thread policemen are discussed.

Not lip service, genuine concern and sorrow for what happens, provided the attack was unprovoked and unwarranted (as most of them appear to be.)

OTOH, lip service is more than my family got from local LEOs- many of whom knew us and the stock we came from, and should have known better- when a notorious bad cop with a God complex had my brother killed. Its ALMOST enough to make a fellow say "what's good for the goose..." Almost.

Not lip service, genuine concern and sorrow for what happens, provided the attack was unprovoked and unwarranted (as most of them appear to be.)

OTOH, lip service is more than my family got from local LEOs- many of whom knew us and the stock we came from, and should have known better- when a notorious bad cop with a God complex had my brother killed. Its ALMOST enough to make a fellow say "what's good for the goose..." Almost.

OK fine but you are taking what happened to your family by people there and projecting that attitude towards all police officers everywhere. You've crossed the line. It's not almost it is. You want revenge and silently cheer just a little. You have convinced yourself that it isn't so and may not even realize it but I see it in every post you make.

No just giving a perspective to people who are unscathed and talking from a distance. Just because it's not your perspective and up to par what you think should be said you like to just come in and say if anybody says anything negative about a policeman they hate all policemen. Yet you feel you are completely justified in critiquing or speaking on what's a problem in the black community....Then if it was said you hate black people they would be stupid in your eyes....It's the same freaking principle.

I do not see that at all.

I have yet to see anyone here suggest that "all police officers are bad".

I have seen some of our more radical participants promote the idea that, "all Muslims are bad" or, "black people have a criminal nature".

I think you are projecting.

No just giving a perspective to people who are unscathed and talking from a distance. Just because it's not your perspective and up to par what you think should be said you like to just come in and say if anybody says anything negative about a policeman they hate all policemen. Yet you feel you are completely justified in critiquing or speaking on what's a problem in the black community....Then if it was said you hate black people they would be stupid in your eyes....It's the same freaking principle.

So the thought can't be the cause of the attacks are the increased cases of police brutality? That's hilarious.

If we do not publicize law enforcement engaging in criminal behavior, the attacks will stop?

If we do not publicize the attacks on police officers, maybe the the misconduct of the police will cease?

Logic? :no:

Neither action is acceptable. Neither should be tolerated or, justified. Anyone attempting to minimize one by pointing to the other is being disingenuous.

No matter what you think if there is a constant flow of cases where bad policemen are killing people for reasons that's not justified and the same rhetoric is it's not a problem or well what about this problem then yes you are bound to see more attacks on policemen if for nothing else fear. Let every two weeks some type of terrorist attack occur.....You will see America shift in a different mode as well.

It's like what stry said after he was wrongly imprisoned if a policeman had tried to pull him over after that he would have surely ran and think I read he would have fought to not be placed in custody as well but don't quote that he may not have....

I have seen some of our more radical participants promote the idea that, "all Muslims are bad" or, "black people have a criminal nature".

I understand the temptation to view the world in absolutes, or to view people as stereotypes, if it relieves one of the burden of deeper thought. I've just never understood the logic of doing so.

I understand the temptation to view the world in absolutes, or to view people as stereotypes, if it relieves one of the burden of deeper thought. I've just never understood the logic of doing so.

Strangely, in the very comment I wrote that prompted Tigger's accusation that I think all cops are bad/guilty, I explicitly acknowledged that there are good cops. Its almost enough to think he's not reading what certain people are saying and just winging it.

The rate of assaults on police officers has been falling, too. So you can’t argue that cops are safer solely because they’re killing more criminals,

This is a weird & heavily biased opinion piece. Grabbing odd stats & making weird claims to get to the conclusion that Walker is wrong . Clear The writer has a side agenda

Strangely, in the very comment I wrote that prompted Tigger's accusation that I think all cops are bad/guilty, I explicitly acknowledged that there are good cops. Its almost enough to think he's not reading what certain people are saying and just winging it.

He's not thinking, he's emoting.

Despite urgent warnings from police and others about a “war on cops” allegedly linked to the Black Lives Matter protest movement, statistics show 2015 is in fact shaping up to be one of the safest years for law enforcement in a generation.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/sep/04/police-deaths-2015-law-enforcement-safety

Despite urgent warnings from police and others about a “war on cops” allegedly linked to the Black Lives Matter protest movement, statistics show 2015 is in fact shaping up to be one of the safest years for law enforcement in a generation.

http://www.theguardi...orcement-safety

Open war has been declared, whether you wan to believe it or not. Tell it to the families of the two cops in NYC, or in Houston, or N. Chicago, where cops died for the sins of eating lunch in their cars, filling their car up at a gas station, or pursuing suspicious characters, who ended up murdering him.

Archived