Team captains named

McLoofus

Wallace is interesting to me. I don't know if it is from his actions or a sympathy vote. Honestly, he is probably the best 3rd/4th string QB in the SEC

Wallace is interesting to me. I don't know if it is from his actions or a sympathy vote. Honestly, he is probably the best 3rd/4th string QB in the SEC

There are kids all over the roster who aren't playing as much as they'd hoped, switched positions, etc. Stories of what an awesome guy Wallace is are starting to stack up. I fully believe he's earned it.

There are kids all over the roster who aren't playing as much as they'd hoped, switched positions, etc. Stories of what an awesome guy Wallace is are starting to stack up. I fully believe he's earned it.

Agreed, I have heard some stories I just think its an interesting move. A lot of stories about JJ being a great leader this offseason I thought that might translate to captain. Although, it seems Gus leans towards seniors,

Agreed, I have heard some stories I just think its an interesting move. A lot of stories about JJ being a great leader this offseason I thought that might translate to captain. Although, it seems Gus leans towards seniors,

I think you're right, I'd bet that has a lot to do with it, too.

^^^

...plus, what a positive effect it must be for the rest of team. For the workers who are seldom noted with public accolade.

Lawson isn't a senior....

... But it's his last year, who are we kidding

Lawson isn't a senior....

... But it's his last year, who are we kidding

See additional bolded text above.

Lawson is the same year as Johnson and he's a captain. I've chosen captains before who were far from my best players. In my opinion, skill and playing time shouldn't factor in.

Lawson is the same year as Johnson and he's a captain. I've chosen captains before who were far from my best players. In my opinion, skill and playing time shouldn't factor in.

We were talking about Wallace. Agreed about skill and PT, though.

And to whomever said Burns's single highlight catch made him a star player...

We were talking about Wallace. Agreed about skill and PT, though.

And to whomever said Burns's single highlight catch made him a star player...

I do understand why skill or PT factors in to these decisions sometimes; but I do think it shouldn't be the only determining factor. Very happy with these selections, even though JJ, by all accounts, has been a real leader of this team -- as he should be.

No doubt JJ is steering the ship. I guess being QB1 might be its own leadership award?

Btw, in my response above re: Kodi Burns I definitely wasn't crapping on the guy. I firmly believe we don't win the hardware in 2010 without him. All time Auburn guy to a lot of us. But he wasn't a star. The casual football fan couldn't tell you a thing about him.

Archived