UAT vs Wisconsin Game Thread

RunInRed

Did anyone besides me feel of chuckle of satisfaction to see them signalling plays by means of sideline placards? I thought that was a "gimmicky high-school" Gus Malzahn trick, according to most Updykes. :rolleyes:

They're also playing fast as hell. It's hilarious. I bet we stop hearing anything from Saban about player safety.

I get the feeling that the preseason "No QB separation" was misinformation and gamesmanship on Sabams part. Coker looked solid.

I get the feeling that the preseason "No QB separation" was misinformation and gamesmanship on Sabams part. Coker looked solid.

could be...but bama does not need the QB to win the games for them....just manage the offense and Coker seems quite able to do that .....though he took some bad sacks early, as the game went on, Wishky did not get to him and he even made a couple decent short runs.

They look pretty set at QB and after game one, their QB situation looks a lot better than ours. But there is a long season ahead for both teams.

I saved a nice clip of their center being 5 yards up the field on a read option pass.

But they want to call us cheaters.

I also noticed their signs to signal the play.

But they said any offense that can be signaled in by signs is a high school offense.

They run the HUNH.

After their own coach bitched about it.

What other tricks are they going to take from is?

I saved a nice clip of their center being 5 yards up the field on a read option pass.

But they said any offense that can be signaled in by signs is a high school offense.

They run the HUNH.

Really? Can you post it? I would love to see it.

Bama came out and took care of business, as they usually do. No helter skelter. No flash and sizzle. Just bruisingly effective. And too boring to watch. I watched the A&M ASU game instead, just switching over to watch Bama occasionally. Nothing new. Bama always looks the same. They are quicker to the LOS and use signs now and such, but that's all irrelevant. It's still just business as usual.

JMO but I think some folks might want to re-visit those predictions that bama will lose 5 games this year.....Like every team, they have a few things to work on but they look pretty solid on both sides of the ball.

Yep.

I have said that all along. I even begged somebody to name the losses they "were going to lose."

Yep. I got torched for that on here.

UAT has got a crap schedule, and I find it unlikely they escape unscathed. They are a very good team and have been for years. It's been complacency that cost them in the past.

I'm trying to figure out you guys raving about the their O line. I like ours a lot better than theirs after game 1, penalties excluded.

They run the HUNH.

@colecubelic: Bama center Ryan Kelly on run/pass option making his way downfield. "It's everything that's wrong with CFB" https://t.co/Lt9RLl99OF

They run the HUNH.

@colecubelic: Bama center Ryan Kelly on run/pass option making his way downfield. "It's everything that's wrong with CFB" https://t.co/Lt9RLl99OF

Thanks for posting. That was supposed to be a point of emphasis for officiating this year. Clearly they missed that obvious one. That should have been ineligible man down field and nullified the play. Those are the kind of missed calls that many were talking about when suggesting to change that down field rule to 1 yard instead of 3. Those kind of misses should never happen. That's awful there.

I find it very frustrating that the uat OL almost never gets called for holding when I see it constantly especially on big rushing plays. Cam Robinson is a beast at holding and like Kouandjio very seldom gets called for it. And these are not even SEC officials.

The uat offense is making our offense look really bad.

Either the refs are blind, paid, or they have learned the art of holding so well the refs don't see it. We all know holding happens on every play ...

They got called at least 4 times for holding.

Which is 4 times more than I've seen in the last 10 years. Then again, I don't usually watch their games.

I find it very frustrating that the uat OL almost never gets called for holding when I see it constantly especially on big rushing plays. Cam Robinson is a beast at holding and like Kouandjio very seldom gets called for it. And these are not even SEC officials.

The uat offense is making our offense look really bad.

Either the refs are blind, paid, or they have learned the art of holding so well the refs don't see it. We all know holding happens on every play ...

They got called at least 4 times for holding.

Which is 4 times more than I've seen in the last 10 years. Then again, I don't usually watch their games.

Non-SEC crew.

Bama came out and took care of business, as they usually do. No helter skelter. No flash and sizzle. Just bruisingly effective. And too boring to watch. I watched the A&M ASU game instead, just switching over to watch Bama occasionally. Nothing new. Bama always looks the same. They are quicker to the LOS and use signs now and such, but that's all irrelevant. It's still just business as usual.

That's Bama football. Consistent, methodical, fundamentally sound, takes care of business. Nothing will change over there as long as ns is running the show. Some day folks will realize it is what it is over there....they are the same year after year. You field a team that only loses 7 sec games in 7 years, you've got a pretty good handle on things.

That's Bama football. Consistent, methodical, fundamentally sound, takes care of business. Nothing will change over there as long as ns is running the show. Some day folks will realize it is what it is over there....they are the same year after year. You field a team that only loses 7 sec games in 7 years, you've got a pretty good handle on things.

^This. They are very good again. No shame in admitting it. Hopefully it helps us raise our level of recruiting/ play (I think it has already). We can claim ref bias, etc. but the bottom lin is: they are among the 5-10 best teams in CFB this year and have been so for the past 7-8 years.

Wisky was without their leader. It was scary how he got his bell rocked. Henry is their first back I think is as good as people say in quite a while. That freshman DB they got is good. Humphrey redshirted so he's a freshman. They are going to be hard to pass on for the next couple of years. Getting them in 3rd and long will be key

The jury is out on every team in the country every year but that program is consistent. It helps when you have built in advantages but it is what it is. NS was never this good at LSU.....

The jury is out on every team in the country every year but that program is consistent. It helps when you have built in advantages but it is what it is. NS was never this good at LSU.....

exactly. I'd love to see what saban would do at a program that plays by the same rules the rest of the country play by. I'd bet it would be pretty close to what he did at Michigan State.

exactly. I'd love to see what saban would do at a program that plays by the same rules the rest of the country play by. I'd bet it would be pretty close to what he did at Michigan State.

The built in advantages are one thing, the ability to get your staff to execute their job in developing the young talent every year without having a huge fall off in performance is another. They flat out take care of business top to bottom. They will lose a game and they regroup and keep on competing while other teams seem to fold up shop and call it quits down the stretch.

The built in advantages are one thing, the ability to get your staff to execute their job in developing the young talent every year without having a huge fall off in performance is another. They flat out take care of business top to bottom. They will lose a game and they regroup and keep on competing while other teams seem to fold up shop and call it quits down the stretch.

Like someone else we know

I still predict 3-4 losses for Bama this year. Go ahead and call me crazy. Their schedule is brutal though. Reminiscent of ours last season.

Archived