Peyton Barber

AUbritt

Really nice free read from Ryan Black at AUC.

Nice nugget about Mont Adams, who was someone who really encouraged Peyton, as well as other good comments from coaches and fellow players.

Barber himself makes the most sage observation, though:

In the aftermath, Barber stood as the voice of reason. It's just one game, he said, and to assume he'll automatically start pumping out 100-yard games every week — or that he's even wrested the starting job away from Thomas — is premature.

Premature, sure. I agree. But we're pulling for you, Peyton. Keep working hard, and good things will happen!

Not available. Link bad.

Barber looked good for a first game. He didn't run with the power and authority of CAP or Mason, but maybe that will come with time. I seem to remember both of those guys needing a couple games to really get in gear. Barber is very good at finding small holes and darting through them. If the OLine can improve on opening holes and give PB some actual room to play, he will look even better. But, does anyone how accurate his throwing arm is? ;)

Barber looked good for a first game. He didn't run with the power and authority of CAP or Mason, but maybe that will come with time. I seem to remember both of those guys needing a couple games to really get in gear. Barber is very good at finding small holes and darting through them. If the OLine can improve on opening holes and give PB some actual room to play, he will look even better. But, does anyone how accurate his throwing arm is? ;)/>

I like PB's style far more than CAP's. CAP would just bull rush straight into the O-Line a lot of times and get 1 yard. Other times, it'd work out for him and he'd break through. PB's style reminded me of Mark Ingram's in 2009. Big guy, tough to bring down, good vision and patience, and accelerates through the hole.

I think Barber is closer to what Gus is looking for in a RB. At least he's more like Tre and CAP than the others are. Now that (hopefully) all the Super Air Raid talk will subside Barber could well be the man at RB.

I think Barber is closer to what Gus is looking for in a RB. At least he's more like Tre and CAP than the others are. Now that (hopefully) all the Super Air Raid talk will subside Barber could well be the man at RB.

But can he play LINEBACKER??????

But can he play LINEBACKER??????

He'd probably try to get in front of the opposing ball carrier instead of chasing him out of bounds ten yards downfield. Not to derail the thread, but not starting seems to have lit a fire in Cass. He had a good second quarter.

Only guy on offense who showed up I feel. Going to be the starter until someone out performs him....

Yeah, no one blocked, caught a pass, etc. :-\

Do other fanbases have these kinds of folks that think in extremes about everything?

To me, Barber is almost a CAP clone. They have very similar running styles, similar speed and acceleration. They are pounders - a bludgeon that will get a consistent 4.5 yds and rip off a 15-20 yarder here and there, get stopped for no gain every now and then. Not home run hitters, but can move the pile.

I liked Jovon's nine-yarder right before tweaking his ankle. He's got size and burst.

We'll see, but I think Robinson will end up being the guy barring injury. But it's nice to know we really have three guys who can all get it done.

To me, Barber is almost a CAP clone. They have very similar running styles, similar speed and acceleration. They are pounders - a bludgeon that will get a consistent 4.5 yds and rip off a 15-20 yarder here and there, get stopped for no gain every now and then. Not home run hitters, but can move the pile.

I liked Jovon's nine-yarder right before tweaking his ankle. He's got size and burst.

We'll see, but I think Robinson will end up being the guy barring injury. But it's nice to know we really have three guys who can all get it done.

If he gets the carries, I think we'll see Peyton slipping more tackles and getting more yards after contact than CAP.

Not available. Link bad.

Sorry, when I posted, it wasn't VIP -- that's how I was able to read it. I tried to make sure the link was right this morning to repost, and now it's gone dark. I'll look for the Mont Adams quote somewhere else -- that was really nice encouragement.

Really like Barber. we have 3 really good backs all different styles all could start anywhere imo. Barber remimds me more of Tre Mason because he will find a hole when there is only a crack, great vision. When he gets through the crack he's looking to take it the distance everytime.

I would say Roc is Caddillac and Barber is Ronnie Brown.

Archived