HS Players Target Referee

Weegle777

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would certainly boot them from the team permanently if I were the coach. If a coach was in on this stunt, he should be immediately fired and banned from coaching at the HS level for a 5 year minimum.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2015/09/06/vicious-hit-on-referee-during-high-school-game-being-investigated/?intcmp=hp

Wow. Talk about being upset with a ref's decision ... ... The players were ejected, but I don't think that goes far enough. They should be charged & prosecuted for assault.

The referee wants criminal charges. If they get booted out of school, I think they'll have gotten what they deserve. Then, let the courts handle it. They could have nearly killed him.

So far, it sounds like the coach wasn't in on it.

The official should push for criminal charges. This was a premeditated act. They should both be in jail. I hope this official sues them both and makes their lives miserable for years to come. This is inexcusable behavior.

An article I read on SBnation this morning stated, the ref was going to file charges pending the outcome and after the school boards actions...

I'd press that they be charged as adults..

Little rat bast----- need to be taught a serious lesson. Hope they get what they deserve.

Have we not learned yet to hear the whole story before spouting off?

We have the whole story. Two pricks took it upon themselves to intentionally target a game official. PERIOD. The video evidence is all we need. Nothing that happened prior to that play matters one bit. This was a premeditated act with obvious malicious intent. I haven't seen anything on it to know if that official sustained any type of injures from this. Punishment should be SEVERE.

Have we not learned yet to hear the whole story before spouting off?

What part of that video makes you think there's more to the story that would substantially change one's reaction to it?

I'm glad you all can pass judgement after seeing 5 seconds of a game. There are still too many unknowns before anyone should be talking punishments.

I can't even count how many officials I've wanted to choke slam. Blown calls, god complexes, general a-holiness... you name it. I haven't, but it's been closer than it should have a few times. High school kids are impulsive. There is no way that ref did not escalate the situation. It doesn't excuse the hits, but it might explain them.

We also don't know if the guy even got hurt. How are you going to press criminal charges for being knocked down? C'mon.

I'm just saying wait a few days. More details will be available, Then you all can get back on the soap box and spout about what should be done.

I'm glad you all can pass judgement after seeing 5 seconds of a game. There are still too many unknowns before anyone should be talking punishments.

I can't even count how many officials I've wanted to choke slam. Blown calls, god complexes, general a-holiness... you name it. I haven't, but it's been closer than it should have a few times. High school kids are impulsive. There is no way that ref did not escalate the situation. It doesn't excuse the hits, but it might explain them.Doesn't Matter that you wanted to do this. Refs don't always call a great game but most call it fairly like they see it.

We also don't know if the guy even got hurt. How are you going to press criminal charges for being knocked down? C'mon. Doesn't Matter...Cannot attack a person like that. What they did was assault..Period.

I'm just saying wait a few days. More details will be available, Then you all can get back on the soap box and spout about what should be done.

Doesn't matter if the ref was making bad calls or not. You don't attack a person like that. If he was crooked then that is up to the coach to appeal to the HS Authorities over that ref organization. You don't purposely attack an official. A ref can have a bad day also and not make great calls or the players may have thought he was being unfair but may not have seen what he saw when he made those calls. Still doesn't matter you don't attack a ref. What they did was criminal. Charges or not that is the refs call and he may end up dropping them but for the moment that puts a scare into those players. We may never know why they did it but hopefully we will learn that and this will be a life lesson for them (hopefully without to serious of repercussions, unless they have a record already)

Freak, I can't believe that you would even attempt to side with those little jerks. That is thuggery at its worst and it has no place in sports at all.

I can't even count how many officials I've wanted to choke slam. Blown calls, god complexes, general a-holiness... you name it. I haven't, but it's been closer than it should have a few times. High school kids are impulsive. There is no way that ref did not escalate the situation. It doesn't excuse the hits, but it might explain them.

We also don't know if the guy even got hurt. How are you going to press criminal charges for being knocked down? C'mon.

It's not necessary to see the whole game. The video that's been shown all over the interwebs shows what's relevant -- two players attacked a game official from behind. Their actions are inexcusable, and the only "question" is whether they rise to the level of felonious assault. Rightly so, they were ejected from the contest by the refs, and subsequently suspended from the school by the school district.

Archived