2017 3* S J'marick Woods (Michigan commit 3/28/16)

cole256

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like Notre Dame is about to offer

Lol Cole, this thread consists mostly of you having conversations with yourself about this guy. Like him much?

This thread is me updating a guy who I'm pretty sure we will jump on too late. But I don't have convos I tell his offers when he gets them. But damn right I like him. We haven't had a great safety in damn near twenty years

We haven't had a great safety in damn near twenty years

Rosegreen was 12 years ago. Do you consider him great?

Wait. What? He was a converted CB, and his ability to single cover the slot was one of the keys to the 2004 defense. He didn't have a professional career, but any player that was an AP All-American at his position was a great college player.

Honestly, he was a great hitter, but wasn't that great as a safety.

Cool. It was an honest question. I knew he was a good hitter but did not know if he was a good safety overall.

Has bama shown interest in J'Marick?

He was at that junior day thing they had with all of their big recruits a couple of weeks ago

Can't really tell because of all the talent around him. Great corners, great d line, great linebackers, if he was elite I imagine he would have played in the NFL. Can't say he didn't have the stage to get there. And as far as an athlete, athlete not football player he doesn't have half of the athleticism woods does. Size either once he gets into a D1 program

But by me saying damn near 20 years it's me saying in a very long time

Can't really tell because of all the talent around him. Great corners, great d line, great linebackers, if he was elite I imagine he would have played in the NFL. Can't say he didn't have the stage to get there. And as far as an athlete, athlete not football player he doesn't have half of the athleticism woods does. Size either once he gets into a D1 program

But by me saying damn near 20 years it's me saying in a very long time

Cole's right...

My boy Brad Ware is the best safety we've had in a while!

Dang, where has the time gone?!?!?

It's been damn near 20 years since #27 was back there...

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think he's going to commit this summer last I was told, but if all of a sudden he is about to I'd say Duke maybe Kentucky

Cole I notice in one of the articles he states that he is attempting to mimic his game from Reid former LSU DB who has been watching. Do you know if he has a dram school favorite....I seen where his parents like AU but has he stated who has his heart?

He himself and parents are Auburn fans, I imagined if we had showed interest we'd had been that. But I think Michigan is pretty high on his list because I think Harbaugh sort of discovered him. One of his first offers and after that everybody started wanting him...everybody but us of course because apparently we don't need a 6'4" 215 safety with a frame to become an linebacker if need be, freaky athletic, with a freak wing span, that has range, and is super smart hence all the ivy league type schools offering....lol

He's going to Michigan to visit from Thursday to Saturday.

Man Harbaugh is all over him, unless he wants to stay home even if we do offer I can't see over coming them. Harbaugh really really wants him....I just don't understand our recruiting sometimes

Gave his life to Christ and committed on the same day.....Michigan getting a hell of an athlete....Alabama showed alot of interest, they had him at the school quite often. Auburn sucks recruiting in this area, plain and simple. They don't evaluate talent well in this area at all

Gave his life to Christ and committed on the same day.....Michigan getting a hell of an athlete....Alabama showed alot of interest, they had him at the school quite often. Auburn sucks recruiting in this area, plain and simple. They don't evaluate talent well in this area at all

So then, he did have a committable offer from UAT?

I don't think it was a commitable offer but I don't know for sure. I know they invited him down there several times and the last time was when they had all their highest rated commits there at one time. But I didn't ask him or his dad that question specifically.

I do know he loved Auburn and grew up a fan, his mom and dad are fans too, he'll end up a four star, he's physically more gifted than the safeties we have recruited in the last decade or so. Mentally judging he was recruited by Stanford, duke, Georgia tech, vandy, and signed with Michigan....he can potentially grow into a linebacker....very similar body type to karlos dansby....and apparently we didn't even invite him for a visit. Bruce pearl had him down one time for basketball....he'll blow up once the season start but it'll be too late. Watch

I don't think it was a commitable offer but I don't know for sure. I know they invited him down there several times and the last time was when they had all their highest rated commits there at one time. But I didn't ask him or his dad that question specifically.

Yeah that would be a tough question to ask. A nice way of asking if you want to is ask if Bama wanted him to camp there this Summer. Most of the time school camp invites for rising seniors means the offer is not committable til a good camp performance.

Been that way for ever. We get one ever now and then.

Archived