Holding calls and AU

AU Ivory_dealer

Gary Danielson is freaking great at his job and the casual football fan 1) didn't know that Gus doesn't cuss, 2) already assumed that he does and 3) really doesn't give a sh**. If anybody wants to claim some sort of moral high ground because Auburn's football coach doesn't cuss, then go for it, but that's kinda hilarious.

Must be tough living life as angry and aggravated as you always seem to be. For that, I truly feel sorry for you.

What you are wrongly calling "moral high ground" is actually considered having class, self control and a good inner discipline among other qualities and traits you never show on this site.

Smh

Lol. I hope that was cathartic for that person.

I dont have a dog in this fight, but this satiristic video about cussing was just posted today. It is kind of relivant.

If you do not follow this guy, he has some hilarious baseball videos.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gary Danielson is freaking great at his job and the casual football fan 1) didn't know that Gus doesn't cuss, 2) already assumed that he does and 3) really doesn't give a sh**. If anybody wants to claim some sort of moral high ground because Auburn's football coach doesn't cuss, then go for it, but that's kinda hilarious.

Must be tough living life as angry and aggravated as you always seem to be. For that, I truly feel sorry for you.

What you are wrongly calling "moral high ground" is actually considered having class, self control and a good inner discipline among other qualities and traits you never show on this site.

Smh

Lol. I hope that was cathartic for that person.

I dont have a dog in this fight, but this satiristic video about cussing was just posted today. It is kind of relivant.

If you do not follow this guy, he has some hilarious baseball videos.

Lol Lou Piniella and Ozzie Guillen agrees.

...... Here is one example and I remember this play from replay. The O lineman also had hold of the pads with his left hand, behind Lawson's neck.

< edited for brevity >

An additional hold not called and probably the most wide open example was perpetuated against Adams when he caused the fumble and Garrett got the TD. After seeing things like that (shown below), then watching his own guys get some marginal calls at very critical times, no wonder Grimes went off.

Great photo evidence Ironman! Thanks for posting. :bow:

I especially like the one on Adams - both hands no less. :-\

I agree, but it's still not good for him to make such assumptions. (And I don't remember if it was him or Verne or both.)

Actually if a man who had the self discipline to not curse in this day and time was accused of it falsely, I can see where that would be a big deal. If a man said Gus did something he didn't, I would expect that man to set the record straight, if he is a man. As someone who fails to reach the "moral high ground" because I am much too human, I still recognize that there is one, and believe one who chooses to occupy that ground is worthy of some respect.

huh?

Nothing like seeing a grown man tell another grown man that he has no class or self control, over the Internet. Post less.

Nothing like seeing a grown man tell another grown man that he has no class or self control, over the Internet. Post less.

Almost spit my coffee out of my mouth. Nice one.

I don't know what it is with some people. When someone gives a irrational opinion, sometimes the best response is not to respond at all. It's football season, let's enjoy it while it lasts! We are 1-0 it's a great start! War Eagle!

I had a lifetime friend who called HS games for many years. He once said "I have never missed a call. If I SEE it, I call it". Those guys are not perfect. I tend do give them benefit of doubt.

I had a lifetime friend who called HS games for many years. He once said "I have never missed a call. If I SEE it, I call it". Those guys are not perfect. I tend do give them benefit of doubt.

I do too, but it was pretty blatantly one sided in the "holding" area.

My point: When a Authority Figure, Leader, Mentor, Head Coach, like Gus Malzahn in this example, decides not to cuss or curse to his 17 to 23 year old players, it is a sign of class, self discipline etc..

It is not a sign of someone trying to arrogantly take the moral high ground. Then, while Gus conducts himself in this manner, it is a shame, he was misrepresented by CBS.

I don't know who said what to get us penalized but if you can lips. Gus blurted out his displeasure with the call in a language not taught in school.

AND...it's important that the players trust that the refs are neutral in the process.

JMO but objective and neutral officiating is the foundation of a well played game. Players must accept that the refs are not favoring either team...and if a player commits a violation, he will be called for it. Otherwise, the game would be mayhem.

If they don't, you get situations like the San Antonio HS players blindsiding refs.

AND...it's important that the players trust that the refs are neutral in the process.

JMO but objective and neutral officiating is the foundation of a well played game. Players must accept that the refs are not favoring either team...and if a player commits a violation, he will be called for it. Otherwise, the game would be mayhem.

If they don't, you get situations like the San Antonio HS players blindsiding refs.

I'm hopeful that kids in college wouldn't be that susceptible to bad coaching decisions. But I totally agree with the basic point. You have to have a baseline of fairness. Obviously, everyone expects there to be the occasional bad call. But it can't be a pattern.

I have heard that the coaches agreed that we were actually holding on all the calls except one. That was the long pass and touchdown to Recardo Lewis. In my opinion that was a terrible call and it should never have been made. Our offensive lineman tripped with help from the Louisville player and fell down on his back and left side. The Louisville player tried to get around him and tripped over him. The AU player did not grab him and try to pull him down nor did he attempt to trip him as he fell. Should have never been called. Which conference provided the officials. Did not look like an SEC crew.

JW Shewmake

they were B1G refs. They seem to have it out for us any time they ref a game we are in.

Archived