Jacksonville State

aucanucktiger

Ya'll may already be aware of this but their starting D line is a who's who of former SEC players, including our old buds Devaunte Sigler (started every game as a frosh for Auburn) and Chris Landrum. They are joined by a Bama transfer and by a former Vol. Interesting article to flesh out our task at hand. Not being excessively dramatic, just saying a comfortable AU win over these guys would not be irrelevant. IMHO.

http://www.annistonstar.com/sports/auburn-football-malzahn-fcs-opponent-jsu-no-push-over/article_613b4bdc-5662-11e5-babb-ab9b52177325.html

I don't know the number of former SEC players Jax State has, but I do know it's a good bunch and their really good. Heck, they went 10-2 last year and they've won the OVC 2 or 3 years in a row. I went to JSU for 2 years before transferring to a CC.

I can see a "closer than some expect" outcome.

Sigler never started at Auburn. He played in every game as a freshman and played in five games as a sophomore. He has talent so I take canuck's point. I'm just noting that he never started at Auburn and fell out of the rotation before he was dismissed from the team.

This will be a decent game early. We'll pull away, but I won't be shocked if the game is tight into halftime.

Archived