Putin Continues to Push Obama's

Proud Tiger

Putin, Syria and Iran continue to make Obama look like a kindergarten kid, the State Dept. doesn't seem to have a clue and the DOS PR guy, ADM. Mullins has become pathetic. I feel sorry for him.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/09/11/russian-build-up-in-syria-part-secret-deal-with-irans-quds-force-leader/?intcmp=hpbt2

Putin, Syria and Iran continue to make Obama look like a kindergarten kid, the State Dept. doesn't seem to have a clue and the DOS PR guy, ADM. Mullins has become pathetic. I feel sorry for him.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/09/11/russian-build-up-in-syria-part-secret-deal-with-irans-quds-force-leader/?intcmp=hpbt2

What do you suggest?

http://www.foxnews.c...r/?intcmp=hpbt2

What do you suggest?

We elect a leader who has some gonads.

What do you suggest?

What would you want that leader to do in this situation ?

Putin is on a mission. He has a goal of making Russia a world player again. That's what drives him. Obama ? His mission is to promote community activism and social justice , while enjoying the perks of White House travel and living. Putin is thinking long term and on a very large scale. Obama ? He's thinking of his next tee time.

What do you suggest?

This is brilliant! Wonderful insight. I will be voting for gonads.

What do you suggest?

Stand up to Putin in the Ukraine, Syria or whereever Putin flexes his muscles. Make a show of force and a serious threat. Putin doesn't want a war any more than we do but his strategy is clear.......take what he can without any opposition. He knows Obama is weak, doesn't even have a strategy, and won't stand up to him. Am I wrong? If so what do you think we should be doing/

What do you suggest?

Stand up to Putin in the Ukraine, Syria or whereever Putin flexes his muscles. Make a show of force and a serious threat. Putin doesn't want a war any more than we do but his strategy is clear.......take what he can without any opposition. He knows Obama is weak, doesn't even have a strategy, and won't stand up to him. Am I wrong? If so what do you think we should be doing/

I suggest you educate yourself in regard to Putin, his corruption, the internal politics in Russia, and the condition of their economy. Perhaps your views are a reflection of rhetoric rather than reality.

What do you suggest?

I suggest you educate yourself in regard to Putin, his corruption, the internal politics in Russia, and the condition of their economy. Perhaps your views are a reflection of rhetoric rather than reality.

I didn't say I was a fan of Putin or the condition of Russia. I said he makes Obama look weak in the eyes of the world. That's reality you can't seem to grasp....or maybe you do and can't admit it. In any event it's time for Tiger Walk and enjoying a football Saturday in Auburn.

What do you suggest?

I didn't say I was a fan of Putin or the condition of Russia. I said he makes Obama look weak in the eyes of the world. That's reality you can't seem to grasp....or maybe you do and can't admit it. In any event it's time for Tiger Walk and enjoying a football Saturday in Auburn.

So you think Putin is viewed as a strong leader by the developed world?

What do you suggest?

I didn't say I was a fan of Putin or the condition of Russia. I said he makes Obama look weak in the eyes of the world. That's reality you can't seem to grasp....or maybe you do and can't admiotit.

I do not care about perceptions. Your perception, the world's perceptions do not matter. Reality matters. The reality is, Putin can only draw power when his people forget their miserable condition and embrace nationalism. Ultimately, intellect and integrity are much, much more important than perceptions, egos, and "gonads".

What you are asking the President to do, is exactly what you typically condemn him for (governing with a his ego, only concerned with his legacy). I can appreciate the desire for immediate action but, there are times when that is strategically, not the most prudent method.

If we are going to "police the world", I hope that we can do it with more intelligence and, more restraint. The costs of running headlong into conflicts without long-term strategies have prove to be quite high. In other words, when our "gonads" are bigger than our brains, we tend to make huge mistakes.

Let's be sure our actions are prudent, not political. Let's not allow our rhetoric to fool us into believing that Putin has a position of strength.

What do you suggest?

Well yeah. Their justice dept bows to his commands, the Kremlin revolves around him, and his adversaries know to talk rhetoric but when push comes to shove, if they don't bow, they will be killed as well. That is pretty strong.

What do you suggest?

Well yeah. Their justice dept bows to his commands, the Kremlin revolves around him, and his adversaries know to talk rhetoric but when push comes to shove, if they don't bow, they will be killed as well. That is pretty strong.

That has less to do with Putin or strength than it does the Soviet apparatus he inherited and grew up in. Gulag, purges, farcical justice, and political murder were the Soviet way for longer than anyone alive can remember, and Tsarist autocracy before the Soviets. He represents merely the latest in a long line of Russian corruption and brutality, not strong leadership.

What do you suggest?

That has less to do with Putin or strength than it does the Soviet apparatus he inherited and grew up in. Gulag, purges, farcical justice, and political murder were the Soviet way for longer than anyone alive can remember, and Tsarist autocracy before the Soviets. He represents merely the latest in a long line of Russian corruption and brutality, not strong leadership.

I took a Russian Revolutions class in college and none has a history that is more fascinating than the russia. I think my hangup here is semantics though. I think it is possible for one to be a leader and to be corrupt as well.

What do you suggest?

Well said. Tyrants aren't 'leaders' they're problems. For everyone.

While the world fiddles and many like some here rationalize things, Russia continues to strengthen it's foothold in the ME. Some folks better get their heads out of their butts regardless of what they think about Putin or his leadership.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/09/14/russia-shipping-tanks-into-syria-in-first-clear-sign-offensive-weapons/?intcmp=hpbt1

While the world fiddles and many like some here rationalize things, Russia continues to strengthen it's foothold in the ME. Some folks better get their heads out of their butts regardless of what they think about Putin or his leadership.

http://www.foxnews.c...s/?intcmp=hpbt1

Doubling down on Assad is understandable considering it's Putin, but I don't think it will be good for them long term.

You don't "think" but you don't know. He sure as heck has a stronger position in the ME right now than we do right now.

Neither do you. But if you think Assad represents the future of Syria and the ME, have at it.

And no, I don't agree that Putin (Russia) has a "stronger position" in the ME than we do.

What do you suggest?

Tyrants can be leaders. Just not neccesarily leaders for a justified cause. I'd say Hitler was a leader.

You don't "think" but you don't know. He sure as heck has a stronger position in the ME right now than we do right now.

And no, I don't agree that Putin (Russia) has a "stronger position" in the ME than we do.

What is an example of our strength in the ME? Do you think we could take on Russian tanks and troops in Syria?

What is an example of our strength in the ME? Do you think we could take on Russian tanks and troops in Syria?

I didn't say we had a strong position in the ME, I said Russia's is no better.

And yes, we could "take on" Russian tanks in Syria. The question is, on who's behalf?

What do you suggest?

Tyrants can be leaders. Just not neccesarily leaders for a justified cause. I'd say Hitler was a leader.

Well, I suppose so, if you mean leading his country off the cliff....

If that's the sort of leader we are talking about, let Putin take it.

The fact that we can draw together a coalition of the wealthy Gulf states to accomplish something. If we were inclined to pursue military intervention in Syria, they would gladly join in. There's also a NATO member sitting right on top of Syria. If push comes to shove with open war in the Middle East, we would have more allies than the Russians, and ours are more wealthy and important.

As for dealing with Russian tanks and troops in Syria, do we have a need to? If we do, then absolutely. If we decided to actively oppose Russian operations in Syria, it quickly becomes a logistical nightmare for the Russians. We can park a few mobile airfields (carrier battle groups) off their coast to cut off the sea. The Russians attacking one of those means a war they are not interested in, and the attack would likely fail anyway. Turkey will not allow them to proceed over land, and neither would Jordan or Iraq. If they attacked Turkey attempting to force the issue, that brings NATO into it directly. All of that just speaks of supply blockade. It gets uglier for the Russians if we started performing strikes on forces in Syria. We can operate directly out of facilities in countries that surround Syria. The Russians' best chance at engaging us would come in Europe, not anywhere in the Middle East.

That said, if the Russians are moving in to shore up Assad and prevent Syria from collapsing, I cannot say that I necessarily disagree with them. I do not particularly care for Assad's rule myself, but I think it looks better than anything I see so far that would take his place.

I didn't say we had a strong position in the ME, I said Russia's is no better.

And yes, we could "take on" Russian tanks in Syria. The question is, on who's behalf?

1.We disagree a bunch. IMHO Russia's position is much stronger. I don't see how you think otherwise

2.What would we take on Russian tanks and troops with?

Archived