Jovon Robinson and Gus

mikeymac

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Randman come on. Roc just does not have it yet. He's 3-4 string in my book. The qb race needs to be opened back up.

Don't see anyone else doing this. That's not a fourth stringer. Come on. Peyton is still the man.

https://vine.co/v/eFnaEd97jAX

I guess I missed where roc did a bad job. Of course I understand ball security but barber didn't look any better than roc until the second half but it looked as if roc was going to do good then as well

Roc is going to be a speed back until we continually open holes. Fumbling will put you and keep you on the bench with good reason. We need Jovon this season, so I hope he/we get it going. I was at the game and have not seen replays yet, but we forced the ball twice to Duke and he didnt really seem interested.

Jovon should be getting Roc's carries.

easy

I agree. He should be.

with the fumbles he will be. Our problem is we need some big plays and that is Roc

Jovon should be getting Roc's carries.

easy

I agree. He should be.

with the fumbles he will be. Our problem is we need some big plays and that is Roc

Amen.

I agree. But Barber, so far, is Tre Mason 2.0

Barber is doing well but he is not that.

Not yet but from what I've seen so far, there is no reason for me to not make the reference.

Good gravy. We had a really, really big play happen and it was Barber.

This is so reminiscent of the way folks treated Ben Tate and Tre Mason well into their last seasons.

Barber was electric. Especially late in the game. He's something to look forward to. Let's hope the line helps him out

Bsrber displays the characteristic that has made great running backs great in every year of Gus's tenure...he runs aggressively...he has great body lean, and fights for every inch. He will likely lead the SEC in rushing based on past experience.

This is so reminiscent of the way folks treated Ben Tate and Tre Mason well into their last seasons.

Yep.

I agree. But Barber, so far, is Tre Mason 2.0

Not even close to to Tre at this point IMHO.

What, one big play in two games?

No. Stronger as the game goes on. Reliable. Never stops driving. Falls forward.

If any of you has doubts who our starting RB is at this point, I don't value any other opinion you have about our team.

Sorry, but true.

Barber has showed a lot of heart and fight, but i don't understand anointing him as the next great AU RB. Yes, he has had two 100 yard games, but they have come against underwhelming teams and both took a lot of carries to get there. prior to the 4th quarter PB was averaging about 3 yards a carry, but he was able to turn it on late, which is what you expect when you're the much deeper team.

No. Stronger as the game goes on. Reliable. Never stops driving. Falls forward.

If any of you has doubts who our starting RB is at this point, I don't value any other opinion you have about our team.

Sorry, but true.

Two different opinions. I think Peyton deserves to start but I also think he is closer to CAP than Tre.

Barber has showed a lot of heart and fight, but i don't understand anointing him as the next great AU RB. Yes, he has had two 100 yard games, but they have come against underwhelming teams and both took a lot of carries to get there. prior to the 4th quarter PB was averaging about 3 yards a carry, but he was able to turn it on late, which is what you expect when you're the much deeper team.

Debbie+Downer.png

I think jovon wanted to play, but he was only suited up as an emergency and Gus preferred to give his injury more rest as they know they are gonna need him later this year.

I think jovon wanted to play, but he was only suited up as an emergency and Gus preferred to give his injury more rest as they know they are gonna need him later this year.

I hope this is it

tre mason wasnt as great his first year on the field either. barber will get stronger as the season goes on. so far they are keyed onto him since johnson cant run. he has done pretty darn well for limited holes to run through

I agree with this as the most plausible scenario. The positive spin on Jovon's reported behavior is that he really wanted to get in the game today. But he's also got to defer to the head coach, not run after him yelling.

Archived