Jovon Robinson and Gus

mikeymac

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO Gus is not so much stubborn as he historically has shown he'd rather flirt with disaster early in the season than reveal large chunks of his playbook early in the season. Since his Tulsa days, his Septembers have been very, very vanilla offensively, almost stupidly so IMO. Gus loves including in the game fabric plenty of pass plays to RBs. Jovon is a RB with WR hands. Wait for it...

Peyton deserves to start. Jovon might be better.

What ever.

Brilliant comment.

And there must be a reason why you think the fourth string rb is better than our guy who has balled out. Yeah. What ever

Some people can't take a compliment.

Roc is 8th string. With Johnson

Please. Bunch of hammerheads on here today

I thought the same thing when some question play calling.

tre mason wasnt as great his first year on the field either. barber will get stronger as the season goes on. so far they are keyed onto him since johnson cant run. he has done pretty darn well for limited holes to run through

That's not really accurate considering there were 3 players on the team that got more carries than he did and combined for over 2000 yards. In his 2nd year first as the primary back (2012 one of the worst seasons in Auburn history) he had 1000 yards rushing.

Peyton deserves to start. Jovon might be better.

What ever.

Brilliant comment.

And there must be a reason why you think the fourth string rb is better than our guy who has balled out. Yeah. What ever

Some people can't take a compliment.

My bad.

tre mason wasnt as great his first year on the field either. barber will get stronger as the season goes on. so far they are keyed onto him since johnson cant run. he has done pretty darn well for limited holes to run through

That's not really accurate considering there were 3 players on the team that got more carries than he did and combined for over 2000 yards. In his 2nd year first as the primary back (2012 one of the worst seasons in Auburn history) he had 1000 yards rushing.

Boy, saban was pissed. Hehe he

I think jovon wanted to play, but he was only suited up as an emergency and Gus preferred to give his injury more rest as they know they are gonna need him later this year.

I agree with this as the most plausible scenario. The positive spin on Jovon's reported behavior is that he really wanted to get in the game today. But he's also got to defer to the head coach, not run after him yelling.

i agree with both of you guys. Seems very plausible, eager and unwise

IMO Gus is not so much stubborn as he historically has shown he'd rather flirt with disaster early in the season than reveal large chunks of his playbook early in the season. Since his Tulsa days, his Septembers have been very, very vanilla offensively, almost stupidly so IMO. Gus loves including in the game fabric plenty of pass plays to RBs. Jovon is a RB with WR hands. Wait for it...

my biggest beef with today's game was the obnoxiously vanilla gameplan on both sides of the ball. There were plenty of things to have a beef with but Gus slow plays the first few games of the yea - particularly with these type teams. It was horrible and almost cost auburn an historic loss. This was all about lsu and beyond ... And I hate that philosophy.

Well, Gus is officially a stubborn A$$ so I wouldn't be surprised

He can afford to be...he has a multi-million dollar, multi-year contract....being in the hot seat is not much of a problem.

my biggest beef with today's game was the obnoxiously vanilla gameplan on both sides of the ball. There were plenty of things to have a beef with but Gus slow plays the first few games of the yea - particularly with these type teams. It was horrible and almost cost auburn an historic loss. This was all about lsu and beyond ... And I hate that philosophy.

I hope you are right, but I am afraid what you see is what we got.

That is my nightmare.

Wonder when Gus will put Jovon in. He let Roc take some carries today.

When he is healthy enough to help.

That is my nightmare.

JJ has two full years in Gus's system...no reason IMO that he should not be able to run the entire offense.....just sayin'.

We've seen this in past years too.....never worked out well for us in the long run

While i am proud of Peyton , he just doesn't have break away speed . He is one hell of a tough runner and i thank God we had him today . But if we are gonna beat the big boys we're gonna need more than 3.1yds/carry . Somehow we have to get Jovon in the game .

I'm pretty sure Robinson doesn't have home run speed either. Barber averaged 5.4 today, btw.

I'd rather have a 5.4 yd average without 40 yard runs. Means he's getting good yardage every carry.

Just before the half we were at 3.1 per carry.....I'm still happy we have him so don't get me wrong!

Okay, but there is a difference between "we" and Peyton Barber. Not saying we can't use help, but nothing to complain about with PB. He's clearly the guy.

Good grief . Why do people get so defensive ? I said I am happy we have Peyton on our team . As of now , I am ecstatic we have him. But it is a fact that he had 10 carries for 31 yards in the first half . All I'm saying is we will need more starting next week .

So you think this poor offensive performance the last two games is just Gus being vanilla? JSU out gained and outplayed us today, took us to the wire. I don't see that as Gus intentionally flirting with disaster and holding back the offense. We've got problems, and it starts and ends with the coaching.

No. Stronger as the game goes on. Reliable. Never stops driving. Falls forward.

If any of you has doubts who our starting RB is at this point, I don't value any other opinion you have about our team.

Sorry, but true.

Gus publicly stated after the game that he's not ready to call Barber our starting RB. Just let that simmer for a little while.

If any of you has doubts who our starting RB is at this point, I don't value any other opinion you have about our team.

Sorry, but true.

Gus publicly stated after the game that he's not ready to call Barber our starting RB. Just let that simmer for a little while.

LAWD

Sorry, but true.

ha. He wants to wait after the Lsu game

Archived