Jovon Robinson and Gus

mikeymac

No. Stronger as the game goes on. Reliable. Never stops driving. Falls forward.

If any of you has doubts who our starting RB is at this point, I don't value any other opinion you have about our team.

Sorry, but true.

Gus publicly stated after the game that he's not ready to call Barber our starting RB. Just let that simmer for a little while.

He also said he never even considered pulling JJ. Stubborn is way too weak of a word to use to describe him. He gonna ride his favorites to his demise if he's not careful. Showing this amount of favoritism bleeds through every aspect of a team. Just ask Gene Chizik (or maybe Jovon?)

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If any of you has doubts who our starting RB is at this point, I don't value any other opinion you have about our team.

Sorry, but true.

Gus publicly stated after the game that he's not ready to call Barber our starting RB. Just let that simmer for a little while.

He also said he never even considered pulling JJ. Stubborn is way too weak of a word to use to describe him. He gonna ride his favorites to his demise if he's not careful. Showing this amount of favoritism bleeds through every aspect of a team. Just ask Gene Chizik (or maybe Jovon?)

Jovon is not going to be the guy

Sorry, but true.

I'm nauseous over this.

Who should we trust the guy with a 31-10 record as a fbs head coach or some random schmuck on the internet? We should've begged Charlie Strong to come coach our team. He's doing awesome. Or Petrino. It's not like he lost to Houston today. Oh wait. He did.

Who should we trust the guy with a 31-10 record as a fbs head coach or some random schmuck on the internet? We should've begged Charlie Strong to come coach our team. He's doing awesome. Or Petrino. It's not like he lost to Houston today. Oh wait. He did.

Good point. We shouldn't listen to you. You are so right lol. Maybe we should shut the whole message board down since the whole thing is based off of people's opinions and you've made it clear that those shouldn't be allowed. Please....

Barber is definitely No. 1. He's similar to CAP but can be a little better IMO. I like his style better than Tate's. Peyton runs hard and downhill but he is a step slower than Tre and you can't coach speed. Fumbling will keep you out of 4th Q of a close game Roc. Kerryon looked pretty good and I think Cox could handle a few carries of tough running but I know that won't happen. All in all the teams were pretty even the last two weeks except opponents QBs looked better. We were fortunate (lucky) to pull them out.

Jovon should be getting Roc's carries.

Bingo!

Well he's not going to now.

Likely true after what happened today but he should get them.

This discussion is one of about 4 reasons this team will fall apart this year before it even comes together.

Recruiting will drop and by end of year we will have to suffer thru coaching changes and no pre season tabs kings or hype. Heck even a mention.

This discussion is one of about 4 reasons this team will fall apart this year before it even comes together.

Recruiting will drop and by end of year we will have to suffer thru coaching changes and no pre season tabs kings or hype. Heck even a mention.

Riiiiiiight

Bingo!

Like after how Roc fumbled, late in the game ? THAT should weigh heavily on how this team goes forward. This ' teachable moment' crap about keeping kids off the field until they've learned their lesson isn't getting through. We just keep losing more and more talented players. Before too long, unless it's already not happened yet, AU will get a reputation as being the place star kids should avoid. Top talent need not apply.

I think Barber has played the best so far.Would like to see Jovon get more carries he looked good the two times he ran.I'm for giving them all a chance they all have something that can help the team.

I think Barber has played the best so far.Would like to see Jovon get more carries he looked good the two times he ran.I'm for giving them all a chance they all have something that can help the team.

Yeah those two times were Awesome. Even though he got hurt.

Man I've never seen so much love for a fourth string running back on here after our starter balls out. Let him earn it on the practice field and get in the game first. Sheesh

I don't know what the real story is between GM and JR but JR has been committed and loyal to AU for many years. It sounds like he came in thinking he would be the starter and had some problems learning the offense or perhaps not practicing as hard as required. OK we get that. Then he came into the game against UL and in my opinion ran very strong along with PB. He gets hurt just like Roc and GM pulled both of them out. Against JSU he gives Roc playing time even pulling out PB during that crucial late drive, but JR stays on the sidelines. Does anyone know why? That is the issue. Yes a player should never get into a verbal altercation with a coach like that but what led to this? Is GM playing favorites?

Bingo!

Like after how Roc fumbled, late in the game ? THAT should weigh heavily on how this team goes forward. This ' teachable moment' crap about keeping kids off the field until they've learned their lesson isn't getting through. We just keep losing more and more talented players. Before too long, unless it's already not happened yet, AU will get a reputation as being the place star kids should avoid. Top talent need not apply.

I've stated numerous times how i think Roc should be used. He should certainly see the field a lot but less time in the RB capacity in my opinion. I'm not doing away with Roc at all. I've simply stated i'd like to see the one - two punch of Barber and Jovon at RB and Roc utilized more in a Corey Grant role where he can get in open space and help open up other things for us. His fumbling is an issue but that's just one reason why i don't see him as our feature back or as the 1st back up.

I don't know what the real story is between GM and JR but JR has been committed and loyal to AU for many years. It sounds like he came in thinking he would be the starter and had some problems learning the offense or perhaps not practicing as hard as required. OK we get that. Then he came into the game against UL and in my opinion ran very strong along with PB. He gets hurt just like Roc and GM pulled both of them out. Against JSU he gives Roc playing time even pulling out PB during that crucial late drive, but JR stays on the sidelines. Does anyone know why? That is the issue. Yes a player should never get into a verbal altercation with a coach like that but what led to this? Is GM playing favorites?

PTB (in the Carl Lawson on crutches thread) suggested that Jovon was being held out due to injury, but that there was some disagreement about just how injured he is. Jovon clearly wanted to play and expressed that vociferously to Gus. The problem he has now is that he defied Gus/smarted off or whatever on the sideline because he wanted to play. Now, it may not matter whether he is healthy, because he is in the doghouse.

I actually would back Gus 100% on this one. You can't have a player act like that toward you. And if one does, you better not play him anytime soon. Otherwise, all the players will think they can act like that.

We have looked bad to pathetic in our last several games going back to last year, with the exception of our offense against Alabama. Gus appears stubborn at times and clueless at others, and our players seem to lack energy and intensity. Regardless of how smart a coach may be, it doesn't pay off if he can't motivate his players. We will see if Gus can do that.

If not, if we continue to see this garbage, then I don't care if Jovon gives Gus the Latrel Sprewell treatment. The talent on the roster and the $$$ on the coaching payroll makes the mess yesterday inexcusable.

Man I've never seen so much love for a fourth string running back on here after our starter balls out. Let him earn it on the practice field and get in the game first. Sheesh

I didn't say he shouldn't earn it,I think Barber has earned the right to start,but he needs a breather once in a while and that's when I would like to see Jovon get his chance.

I didn't say he shouldn't earn it,I think Barber has earned the right to start,but he needs a breather once in a while and that's when I would like to see Jovon get his chance.

Fair enough, That's your opinion.

Fair enough, That's your opinion.

Not sure we don't agree,unless you don't think Barber should start.

Archived