Jovon Robinson and Gus

mikeymac

I think Barber has played the best so far.Would like to see Jovon get more carries he looked good the two times he ran.I'm for giving them all a chance they all have something that can help the team.

Yeah those two times were Awesome. Even though he got hurt.

Man I've never seen so much love for a fourth string running back on here after our starter balls out. Let him earn it on the practice field and get in the game first. Sheesh

I didn't say he shouldn't earn it,I think Barber has earned the right to start,but he needs a breather once in a while and that's when I would like to see Jovon get his chance.

Fair enough, That's your opinion.

Not sure we don't agree,unless you don't think Barber should start.

No, we agree.Barber is the guy and will be the guy. I just would rather the debates and posts be less about the third/fourth running back and more about why our qb loves to throw to the other team.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Barber has played the best so far.Would like to see Jovon get more carries he looked good the two times he ran.I'm for giving them all a chance they all have something that can help the team.

Man I've never seen so much love for a fourth string running back on here after our starter balls out. Let him earn it on the practice field and get in the game first. Sheesh

I didn't say he shouldn't earn it,I think Barber has earned the right to start,but he needs a breather once in a while and that's when I would like to see Jovon get his chance.

No, we agree.Barber is the guy and will be the guy. I just would rather the debates and posts be less about the third/fourth running back and more about why our qb loves to throw to the other team.

OK we good,but this thread is about Jovon not JJ.JJ is a mystery to me how he looked so good against Arky last year to look soooo bad so far this year.

OK we good,but this thread is about Jovon not JJ.JJ is a mystery to me how he looked so good against Arky last year to look soooo bad so far this year.

yeah but the thread turned into a Jovon love fest, people need to pump the brakes. Yes. I've never been so assured about the quarterback coming into season to downright disappointed to disgusted. I'm hoping that last few possessions, td pass to Melvin gave him confidence

yeah but the thread turned into a Jovon love fest, people need to pump the brakes. Yes. I've never been so assured about the quarterback coming into season to downright disappointed to disgusted. I'm hoping that last few possessions, td pass to Melvin gave him confidence

There's been some overreaction on your part, too. I said Barber should start, but Jovon may be the better back and you got all worked up. Jovon may be better. We don't know yet. At this point, however, Peyton has earned the starters role.

Imo Peyton does deserve the start and will get it.

I feel like Jovon may end up getting at least as many carries though.

But with Gus starting Peyton, it'll be more of a surprise if Jovon comes in later and can do what we expect of him.

Once the offensive line starts to get a push and/or the pass game starts going is what roc is built for. Being able to get to the second level, make defenders miss and take it to the house.

There's been some overreaction on your part, too. I said Barber should start, but Jovon may be the better back and you got all worked up. Jovon may be better. We don't know yet. At this point, however, Peyton has earned the starters role.

Okay. I blame all the lame posters.

But I'll say jumping on the Jovon band wagon without seeing anything is a bit premature, especially since Peyton has played great and basically saved us from embarrassment. Nah, we are still the laughing stock but he's going to be a good one.

Again, Jovon wanted to get in the game and win it, he voiced it but the staff already decided that he was only gonna go if barber and kenyron went down. i love his heart and fight, just wants to win like dyer, mason and payne under Gus

Yeah those two times were

Awesome. Even though he got hurt.

Okay. I blame all the lame posters.

But I'll say jumping on the Jovon band wagon without seeing anything is a bit premature, especially since Peyton has played great and basically saved us from embarrassment. Nah, we are still the laughing stock but he's going to be a good one.

Peyton's my favorite-- I'm very happy for him. Jovon has to prove himself at this level , but it's not like there's no basis for expecting him to be effective.

We have looked bad to pathetic in our last several games going back to last year, with the exception of our offense against Alabama. Gus appears stubborn at times and clueless at others, and our players seem to lack energy and intensity. Regardless of how smart a coach may be, it doesn't pay off if he can't motivate his players. We will see if Gus can do that.

If not, if we continue to see this garbage, then I don't care if Jovon gives Gus the Latrel Sprewell treatment. The talent on the roster and the $$$ on the coaching payroll makes the mess yesterday inexcusable.

If Jovon goes that far on national television, I'd definitely be interested to watch. I'd never want to see a borderline professional built athlete fight a man in his deep 40s (?) or early 50s though. This is me talking at 12:45 AM on a Sunday and not 3:45 in the middle of a deficit against LSU while Roc does absolutely nothing though.

The Jovon hype is just as valid as the pre-season JJ hype. We have a RB that is killing it in Barber and people are clamoring for Jovon who has shown us basically nothing.

We have looked bad to pathetic in our last several games going back to last year, with the exception of our offense against Alabama. Gus appears stubborn at times and clueless at others, and our players seem to lack energy and intensity. Regardless of how smart a coach may be, it doesn't pay off if he can't motivate his players. We will see if Gus can do that.

If not, if we continue to see this garbage, then I don't care if Jovon gives Gus the Latrel Sprewell treatment. The talent on the roster and the $$$ on the coaching payroll makes the mess yesterday inexcusable.

If Jovon goes that far on national television, I'd definitely be interested to watch. I'd never want to see a borderline professional built athlete fight a man in his deep 40s (?) or early 50s though. This is me talking at 12:45 AM on a Sunday and not 3:45 in the middle of a deficit against LSU while Roc does absolutely nothing though.

https://www.riffsy.com/view/riff/4097203/Im-a-man-I-m-40-GIF

The Jovon hype is just as valid as the pre-season JJ hype. We have a RB that is killing it in Barber and people are clamoring for Jovon who has shown us basically nothing.

I think there is recognition that one RB is not going to carry the load alone. Don't recall seeing any calls to put PB on the bench. The guy has delivered in the clutch.....but if you have a guy with the build-up of Jovon, it would be nice to see him on the field enough to at least see if he is the real deal.

I think there is recognition that one RB is not going to carry the load alone. Don't recall seeing any calls to put PB on the bench. The guy has delivered in the clutch.....but if you have a guy with the build-up of Jovon, it would be nice to see him on the field enough to at least see if he is the real deal.

Well, Tre basically did do it on his own.

As for the "build-up", that never came from Auburn. All that ever came out of Auburn was that Jovon showed up on campus overweight and out of shape(possibly because of injury) and that he wasn't performing as well at Roc and Peyton in fall camp. If we're just saying we'd like to satisfy our own curiosity, sure, I can get with that. But I hope we're not suggesting that the coaches are making a mistake by not letting recruiting analysts dictate the lineup.

Did you really just say that you would be interested in watching Jovon Robinson assault Gus Malzahn on live TV? You really have finally gone over to the dark side...

gallery_46581_199_90975.png

Well, Tre basically did do it on his own.

As for the "build-up", that never came from Auburn. All that ever came out of Auburn was that Jovon showed up on campus overweight and out of shape(possibly because of injury) and that he wasn't performing as well at Roc and Peyton in fall camp. If we're just saying we'd like to satisfy our own curiosity, sure, I can get with that. But I hope we're not suggesting that the coaches are making a mistake by not letting recruiting analysts dictate the lineup.

Jovon came in second after Roc in the first game. He was only pulled because of injury. His two runs were pretty good. Peyton may be ahead of him now, but that doesn't seem to be the case from game 1.

It is not just the running there are three components Running, Blocking and catching Barber has done all three the best period On Blocking on a wide receiver sweep I saw him make a great block, I also saw him pick up a blitzing linebacker, at end of Jax Game he took a pass that should have gained nothing and gave us a 1st down and he has had over 100 yards in both games. Is it fair to Jovon he got hurt no but once Barber got the chance he stepped up.

Archived