I don't understand this from some of you

cole256

I really don't see how you can be mad at the freshmen corners....I was impressed. Some calls didn't go their way and they were beat on plays but there wasn't three plays where they were beat by more than 3 steps. If you know football you know we have some players in the secondary

I really don't see how you can be mad at the freshmen corners....I was impressed. Some calls didn't go their way and they were beat on plays but there wasn't three plays where they were beat by more than 3 steps. If you know football you know we have some players in the secondary

Me too man. It's not their fault that they are the best we had/have. They did pretty dang good .

The JSU QB was also putting the ball on the money, plus he had a couple of receivers who made some acrobatic catches. I'm more concerned with the inability of D to stop the run.

The JSU QB was also putting the ball on the money, plus he had a couple of receivers who made some acrobatic catches. I'm more concerned with the inability of D to stop the run.

The run from the read option.

There were several balls that were either, via luck or skill, placed perfectly, and those receivers made some excellent plays. More than that, our DBs were getting boxed out or were just slightly out of position - the issue seemed mainly to be scheme and not having much ball awareness (at least, in the first half). Those things can be fixed by coaching.

That td pass on Dinson was perfect. Not going to cover that any better. Qb had time and rolled out, he covered a broken route as close as you could and didn't even hook the wr AND had a hand in front where literally only a window was open...And he's a true freshman...If you're mad at Dinson for that you're just not smart.

Couldn't agree more, cole. You're completely right on this. I think folks are just mad, period. If you can find it, listen to TRob's postgame interview. He said a lot to back up what you're saying.

I understand what you are saying, but why does every QB seem to have a career day against us? We were raving about how the UL QB was all world and unstoppable but this week against HOU he had 16 yards rushing, 2 INTs and was benched. Are we just that unlucky?

That td pass on Dinson was perfect. Not going to cover that any better. Qb had time and rolled out, he covered a broken route as close as you could and didn't even hook the wr AND had a hand in front where literally only a window was open...And he's a true freshman...If you're mad at Dinson for that you're just not smart.

Agreed. I actually thought our young corners did a commendable job. Now if T-Rob can get them to look back for the ball. Every time we back off the ball 10 yards they threw a quick slant or WR screen. Go face up man to man and make them beat you like we did later in the game.

If I don't know anything else I know secondary play, you literally saw Carlton get better as the game went on. He got beat on a sideline timing route by a step and a half. Then He defended a sideline pass knocking it out the wr hand. Then that pass interference call wasn't interference at all. Early in the game you saw they weren't getting their head around by the end they all were. You literally see them adjusting to the speed of the game on the fly. Game on the line his technique was great. And I know it will sound like I'm just saying this but those two wr were good. I was impressed by the freshmen. Seriously.

I understand what you are saying, but why does every QB seem to have a career day against us? We were raving about how the UL QB was all world and unstoppable but this week against HOU he had 16 yards rushing, 2 INTs and was benched. Are we just that unlucky?

No. I don't think much of the problem lies with the DBs, but with lack of contain and lack of pressure up front. The DBs today played like...well, like freshmen. It wasn't pretty, but it wasn't unexpected either with so much inexperience. Again, the things they did wrong are on the coaches to fix, either via training or scheming.

If I don't know anything else I know secondary play, you literally saw Carlton get better as the game went on. He got beat on a sideline timing route by a step and a half. Then He defended a sideline pass knocking it out the wr hand. Then that pass interference call wasn't interference at all. Early in the game you saw they weren't getting their head around by the end they all were. You literally see them adjusting to the speed of the game on the fly. Game on the line his technique was great. And I know it will sound like I'm just saying this but those two wr were good. I was impressed by the freshmen. Seriously.

Again, this is right in line with TRob's comments.

The secondary had good coverage. Not a single time did you have a wr running free. If that is not obvious then I'm sorry. The underneath coverage was soft, but that is understandable with the youth at corner. Very impressed with the freshman as well, Cole.

No doubt guys. Finally some good debate and conversation. They really got the trial by fire..great coverage, just better execution, good effort on their end.

The freshmen got some good experience.

That's my point. Countess was kicked out, matthews was out. They had Rudy back there but besides that they were looking at I other true freshmen and they weren't ever burnt, and they were on an island alot. They were impressive. If we could have gotten a little more pressure those guys would have had some picks.

That's my point. Countess was kicked out, matthews was out. They had Rudy back there but besides that they were looking at I other true freshmen and they weren't ever burnt, and they were on an island alot. They were impressive

I agree. It's going to help down the road. Like Britt and Trob said, it's better experience since we won. Good teachable moments in that video for Will and Trob

And we actually needed a game like that for them before ole miss and Texas a&m. We REALLY need Lawson not to be hurt. If I was them I'd be taking care of him how qb's take care of their o linemen lol

That's my point. Countess was kicked out, matthews was out. They had Rudy back there but besides that they were looking at I other true freshmen and they weren't ever burnt, and they were on an island alot. They were impressive. If we could have gotten a little more pressure those guys would have had some picks.

Don't forget that Holsey went out early with an apparent reinjured knee.

The experience gained by the frosh today and the film Trob has to use will pay off huge. You can't simulate this type of play. They stepped up and played big. Very few mistackles and tight coverage. Things look bright if you ask me.

I agree completely with A4Ever about defense comments. AND, it seems to me (besides JJ's continued problems) anyway, like we always catch teams that have had their game with AU circled for 365 days...Louisville and of course J'State. Someone mentioned team chemistry today on this board. Are we having a problem with that monster? I hope not.

Yeah I forgot about that. That means they didn't even have back ups. Plus they probably played special teams too. I don't think anybody can say we don't have the potential to be MUCH better on defense by midseason

Let's get real...

If the score had been 42-20, 49-20, or 52-20... everyone would be fine with it.

Unfortunately, it was 27-20... in OT!!!

The defense is ok. I'm ok with giving up 20 points to that team. They were very athletic, and very experienced.

The problem is our offense... mainly our passing game! Our receivers are just ok... Our line is just ok... and our quarterback is really bad right now.

It falls on coaching. There has been a lack of development with our QB. I would say Lashlee needs to do a better job, but unfortunately he's not a very good QB coach.

DAMEYUNE CRAIG FOR QB COACH .... NOW!!!!!!

Archived