I don't understand this from some of you

cole256

I felt like Cass' sack in OT was a coverage sack also. I am confident the entire "D" will improve weekly. The biggest reason is because CWM knows what he wants and how to teach it. I really feel the ceiling will be how ever far the LBers improve. Wish I was as confident in the "O". Not sure the coaches know "what" they want to do. Should have had an identity coming out of two-a-days IMHO.

I really don't see how you can be mad at the freshmen corners....I was impressed. Some calls didn't go their way and they were beat on plays but there wasn't three plays where they were beat by more than 3 steps. If you know football you know we have some players in the secondary

Very true. I thought they showed a lot of growth today.

I agree completely with A4Ever about defense comments. AND, it seems to me (besides JJ's continued problems) anyway, like we always catch teams that have had their game with AU circled for 365 days...Louisville and of course J'State. Someone mentioned team chemistry today on this board. Are we having a problem with that monster? I hope not.

Perhaps we need to circle teams on our schedule! ;)

There were several balls that were either, via luck or skill, placed perfectly, and those receivers made some excellent plays. More than that, our DBs were getting boxed out or were just slightly out of position - the issue seemed mainly to be scheme and not having much ball awareness (at least, in the first half). Those things can be fixed by coaching.

Those things were fixed by the end of the game. This whole argument is dumb. Our freshman corners are light years ahead of last years corners. Time to /thread.

My biggest takeaway from this game is the defense as a whole appears to be one that can be counted on to keep us in games even when the offense struggles, which is a great development to me. Without those FG attempts the defense forced, we're looking at a very different outcome. As for the secondary, I'll take the generally good coverage beat by good throws and athletic WR play that I saw today, over the routinely wide open receivers of last year. If Muschamp and Co. stick around, we may be looking at the defense we have not seen in a decade within a year or two.

If I don't know anything else I know secondary play, you literally saw Carlton get better as the game went on. He got beat on a sideline timing route by a step and a half. Then He defended a sideline pass knocking it out the wr hand. Then that pass interference call wasn't interference at all. Early in the game you saw they weren't getting their head around by the end they all were. You literally see them adjusting to the speed of the game on the fly. Game on the line his technique was great. And I know it will sound like I'm just saying this but those two wr were good. I was impressed by the freshmen. Seriously.

This.

Reality is a real buzz kill- that's why everyone is upset. I think Auburn is close the D is a lot better and when Lawson is healthy I think they are very good, the offense not so much, I think maybe JJ is pressing trying to live up to Heisman hype that was heaped upon him.

I understand what you are saying, but why does every QB seem to have a career day against us? We were raving about how the UL QB was all world and unstoppable but this week against HOU he had 16 yards rushing, 2 INTs and was benched. Are we just that unlucky?

this

I really don't see how you can be mad at the freshmen corners....I was impressed. Some calls didn't go their way and they were beat on plays but there wasn't three plays where they were beat by more than 3 steps. If you know football you know we have some players in the secondary

Indeed. Held their own and have bright futures.

Well we haven't been that in pressuring the qb the last couple of years. It's been quite a while since we had multiple threats from the d line. Then add on top of that secondary play hasn't been on a high level even longer than that, so that would equal to qb's having an easier time as opposed to a harder time against us

Missed the OT....had to go get my wife at the airport but heard the game and was curious about how the win would be handled.

After scanning a couple pages of posts, looks like last year where the defense gets the blame for a bad game and most people give Gus/Lash and his offense a total pass after some questionable play calling, critical mistakes at the worst possible time and failing to capitalize on numerous opportunities. edit: and did I mention bad clock management?

A couple of folks seem to understand the current situation with the defense I guess...though I expect it is because of Muschamp that the frosh are being defended a bit rather than having people call for the DC's scalp.

Usually I rationalize a game like this and say "a win is a win"....but in this case I'm not so sure.

I thought that a Boom defense was supposed to be an agressive, attacking unit. I give the freshmen a pass but some of our experienced guys looked passive and lost out there today. I am still hopefull that we can turn the corner on both sides of the ball. We will know a lot more when we see what happens in the Bayou next week.

Are we just that unlucky?

We are just that poorly coached.

wde

Do you want to get rid of all of them or just a few?

Not this season depending on how we finish. If we don't finish at least 9-3 during the regular season with a win over uga or spuat then the coaching staff should be on the hot seat going into 2016. If we lose 4 or more regular season games including losing to both uga and spuat at home then all options should be on the table.

We are undefeated right now so all is good right?

I thought they played hard and for the most part was in position…there will be times when teams do make good passes…my best concern was when the inside receiver was uncovered, the QB just got the snap and got rid of it for an easy 7-12 yards completions...

That's my point. Countess was kicked out, matthews was out. They had Rudy back there but besides that they were looking at I other true freshmen and they weren't ever burnt, and they were on an island alot. They were impressive. If we could have gotten a little more pressure those guys would have had some picks.

A lot-fify

Archived