Malzahn's Post Game Presser - Jacksonville State

RunInRed

Gus Malzahn here. He begins by thanking the fans. "They were a big factor in the fourth quarter and overtime."

Malzahn: "Got a lot of things to improve on, but the bottom line is we got a win."

Malzahn : "I think overall offensively, we sputtered. ... It took us a while to get in rhythm."

Malzahn said there was never a thought to playing Sean White. "Jeremy Johnson's our quarterback."

@RyanABlack

Gus Malzahn: "The game, we knew we were playing a talented 1-AA team, we knew that."

Gus Malzahn: "Today we faced major adversity."

Gus Malzahn: "The bottom line is, the offense sputtered in the first half."

Gus Malzahn: "We've got to get better. I think everybody sees that."

Gus Malzahn: "I think everybody knows we didn't play our best, but we won. ... I think next week, we'll find out where we're at."

@JamesCrepea

Malzahn on Jeremy: "I need to help put him in some better situations"

Malzahn said he still feels good about all the running backs moving forward.

Malzahn on Cassanova McKinzy: "He got banged up a couple of times." He described McKinzy's sack in OT as a "play of the game."

Malzahn: "Most teams wouldn't have won that game"

Malzahn on Peyton Barber: "It's all about production. He's protecting the football...He's in a good spot"

@EvanMcCullers

Gus: We had trouble with 3rd downs. The key to the 4th quarter was they were 1-5 on 3rd downs.

As far as the experience of winning games late, that'll help down the road.

Gus: I need to help Jeremy too. I need to put him in better situations. But at the end when we needed him, he came through.

Gus: Everybody that could've played would've played. Notes Avery Young got injured last week.

Malzahn on Peyton Barber: "It's all about production. He's protecting the football...He's in a good spot"

Gus: The swing to Peyton Barber on 3rd down near the end zone was JJ's fourth read. Barber "willed himself" to make that first down.

Gus: "There's no doubt" this team can still compete for an SEC Championship.

@_sam_butler

Gus notes defense and Peyton Barber stepped up and took over in the fourth.

Gus: I think next week we'll find out where we're at

@AUBlog

Malzahn: Bottom line our guys found a way to win."

@matthewcstevens

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bs. Bottom line win crap sounds like gene. I want him to come out and dog the players or himself or the fans!!!!!! We should have lost that game. At least the bammers look like shiiite too

Nothing he said isn't true. Don't know what most expect him to say. I would expect him to rip the players behind closed doors and at practice, but never at a presser.

Nothing he said isn't true. Don't know what most expect him to say. I would expect him to rip the players behind closed doors and at practice, but never at a presser.

^this, rip both the players and coaches.

+1

Most complaining about his presser are ignorant to what is said to the players themselves. Praise in public and chastise in private. To think he would put his displeasure out for the world to see shows that they don't understand how a football team opporates.

Most complaining about his presser are ignorant to what is said to the players themselves. Praise in public and chastise in private. To think he would put his displeasure out for the world to see shows that they don't understand how a football team opporates.

Ikr. That's why I asked what did they want him to say. Go out there and say we don't have any answers? Throw players under the bus? How would that help?

Ha, Gus said the O sputtered. Yeah Gus, I guess you could say we sputtered today although some could probably find a better description than that.

Archived