Malzahn's Post Game Presser - Jacksonville State

RunInRed

I'm not ignorant. I'm tired of coach speak. We all know we sucked today. I just want a head coach to step up and tell it like it is.

This. We all hope Gus told the coaching staff (hopefully accepting most of the blame himself) and the players that they all sucked out loud today in private. Would be nice to have him acknowledge something that was so obvious to the fans as well.

wde

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's right. He's needs to help Jeremy. Alot

Who the hell has been helping Jeremy the last two year?

Ha... Ask Gus that

Dameyune Craig should be coaching our quarterbacks! Lashlee sucks!

Bs. Bottom line win crap sounds like gene. I want him to come out and dog the players or himself or the fans!!!!!! We should have lost that game. At least the bammers look like shiiite too

And who would he should like then...a good leader takes responsibility, he did. He says "HE" needs to put JJ in better situations, "he" needs to help him. You don't place blame in a presser, you will lose player trust. I would still be giving Sean more reps at practice, but that is me.

I'm not ignorant. I'm tired of coach speak. We all know we sucked today. I just want a head coach to step up and tell it like it is.

That's not how coaching works. He's dealing with a group of young men, mostly under the drinking age, who still have parents involved. When a team wins it's because the players did well. When they lose it's because of the coach.

If our team is struggling with chemistry as some speculate then calling them out makes things worse. The players know they didn't play well and they'll hear about it in film. He owes the media nothing. He took ownership of the offensive struggles and thanked the fans for their part in the game.

You don't air your dirty laundry in public, I just hope he doesn't believe some of his own spin. The team I've watched the last two weeks will be lucky to win 6 games,much less contend for an SEC championship, and if he hasn't thought about benching JJ he is either lying, or nuts.

I'll be the first to admit we need some serious improvement on both sides of the line. That said there is no doubt that the last two teams we played, have played their best game against us. The receivers for Jax St made some unbelievable catches today. I don't know how you stop something like that. Folks need to give JSU their due. This wasn't about playing down it was about not getting the job done. Either JJ has to get a grip on his mental game or GM needs to bring SW in. Hopeful we get our game together before next week. WDE

That's not how coaching works. He's dealing with a group of young men, mostly under the drinking age, who still have parents involved. When a team wins it's because the players did well. When they lose it's because of the coach.

If our team is struggling with chemistry as some speculate then calling them out makes things worse. The players know they didn't play well and they'll hear about it in film. He owes the media nothing. He took ownership of the offensive struggles and thanked the fans for their part in the game.

Apparently, you've never heard of Lou Holtz, Steve Spurrier or Urban Meyer.

Malzahn said:

(T)here was never a thought to playing Sean White. "Jeremy Johnson's our quarterback."

As far as the experience of winning games late, that'll help down the road.

I find these words disturbing.

And whoever is coaching the QBs should get the sack. Whatever coaches have been 'coaching' JJ and allowing him to be marketed as Heisman material should leave football entirely and enter politics where ineptitude and lying are more acceptable.

Gus is not Spurrier.

Sadly, this is true.

wde

Lol

Gus is not Spurrier.

Sadly, this is true.

wde

Lol

So you two want to trade places with South Carolina rignt now?

Malzahn said:

(T)here was never a thought to playing Sean White. "Jeremy Johnson's our quarterback."

As far as the experience of winning games late, that'll help down the road.

I find these words disturbing.

And whoever is coaching the QBs should get the sack. Whatever coaches have been 'coaching' JJ and allowing him to be marketed as Heisman material should leave football entirely and enter politics where ineptitude and lying are more acceptable.

Why do you find those words disturbing? He's talking to Jeremy Johnson, clearly.

We've had JJ for 2 years and now we need to figure how to coach him up and use him? I'll give Gus and Lashlee the benefit that what they mean is prepping him better for each game.

We've had JJ for 2 years and now we need to figure how to coach him up and use him? I'll give Gus and Lashlee the benefit that what they mean is prepping him better for each game.

Aren't you getting sick and tired of hearing how the coaching staff isn't prepared though. That in itself is concerning. How can you not be prepared for Jacksonville State?

Bs. Bottom line win crap sounds like gene. I want him to come out and dog the players or himself or the fans!!!!!! We should have lost that game. At least the bammers look like shiiite too

I Know this isn't going to go over well right now, but Bammer looks pretty dang good. Over 500 yards of offense and they took care of buisness against an inferior opponent. They are miles ahead of us. And the thing that pisses me right off is that their offense makes ours look terrible. Since when did Gus and Rhett settle for taking a back seat offensively to Kiffen?

Gus was just publicly taking the blame.

God, this board has become the old ITAT.

It is not hard to figure out who here has played ball in the past, and who has not.

Bunch of little brother sounding sissies.

Welcome, Dixie!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

God, this board has become the old ITAT.

It is not hard to figure out who here has played ball in the past, and who has not.

Bunch of little brother sounding sissies.

Do you football, bro?

Gus looked embarrassed in his presser. He should be. This is the most embarrassing win I can remember for Auburn. They should receive credit for not giving up and pulling out the win. Maybe they were looking forward a bit too much.

Aren't you getting sick and tired of hearing how the coaching staff isn't prepared though. That in itself is concerning. How can you not be prepared for Jacksonville State?

On paper, this was to be a cakewalk, and the looming trip to Baton Rouge is far more important. That's how you can not be prepared. The caliber of our players means that sharp execution and a simple gameplan should have been sufficient to beat JSU soundly. The simple gameplan was definitely present, but the sharp execution was not. I know coaches say "one game at a time", but Auburn doesn't schedule FCS opponents for overtime contests, and they plan accordingly.

Bounces went JSU's way, they came to play and make a statement, it was 11AM (nothing good happens at 11AM on a Saturday), and Auburn played sluggish (I would say hungover if I didn't know better).

Archived