Malzahn's Post Game Presser - Jacksonville State

RunInRed

Gus looked embarrassed in his presser. He should be. This is the most embarrassing win I can remember for Auburn. They should receive credit for not giving up and pulling out the win. Maybe they were looking forward a bit too much.

I'll agree with that.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bama won at the end but through 3 quarters they were averaging 2.8 yards per carry rushing, against MTSU. This ain't your grandpa's football. These smaller teams are upsetting a lot of folks. 3 FSC teams beat in the FBS the first week. Toledo just beat fatboy and if MTSU defenders could have held on to the ball that hit them in the chest, bama would have struggled also. Again JVST played a great game and we played terrible and we still won. Take the win and move on. WDE

I don't think it was all that bad. He said we need to get better, he said he didn't put Jeremy in good positions which is VERY true. Trashing your team on the air is a good way to get the players to not play for you but for themselves, which is a bad formula.

Well right now it doesn't make things seem any brighter, but DeptHead made a good point...JSU put the ball on the ground 4 times and we didn't get one to bounce our way. I think their QB only had one really "errant" throw, that we picked high above his receiver in the endzone.

Love how folks complain that we weren't prepared for JSU but when Gus said during the week that we were not looking ahead to LSU - folks laughed and said that is just coach speak, we don't know need to prepare for a FCS team. So maybe we were looking ahead too much to LSU and didn't focus a lot on the FCS team.

And any AU fan for any length of time knows that we never play good in an 11 o'clock game.

It was an ugly win, but a win. It takes a good team to play poorly but still win, and s far that is where we are at.

Some of these sky is falling comments are ridiculous. I am a little embarrassed to hear such swill from brothers and sisters of the AU family. You don't have to be all sunshine and roses about this game-but to lose your faith in a team and coaching staff so quickly just because we didnt win the "way" we were supposed to makes me question not only some of your football sense, but your common sense. Take a deep breath, put down the tall boy and smartphone for the night and sleep it off. We are 2-0 and have a week to prep for another battle next week

Look at it like this... In 2010 we held on for dear life vs. Clemson, Miss St, USC, Kentucky. What about in 2013 when Marshall hit Uzomah for the TD to beat Miss St? Maybe that dart to Ray was what we needed to cement the chemistry on this years team. We will need the experience gained from today later this year. There is plenty of time to worry about getting better for next week-enjoy tonight because our team has gut and that goes a long way.

Some of these sky is falling comments are ridiculous. I am a little embarrassed to hear such swill from brothers and sisters of the AU family. You don't have to be all sunshine and roses about this game-but to lose your faith in a team and coaching staff so quickly just because we didnt win the "way" we were supposed to makes me question not only some of your football sense, but your common sense. Take a deep breath, put down the tall boy and smartphone for the night and sleep it off. We are 2-0 and have a week to prep for another battle next week

Look at it like this... In 2010 we held on for dear life vs. Clemson, Miss St, USC, Kentucky. What about in 2013 when Marshall hit Uzomah for the TD to beat Miss St? Maybe that dart to Ray was what we needed to cement the chemistry on this years team. We will need the experience gained from today later this year. There is plenty of time to worry about getting better for next week-enjoy tonight because our team has gut and that goes a long way.

Understood, but those opponents were all Division I teams. Hope it gets fixed starting tomorrow, and on track here on out.

Malzahn said:

(T)here was never a thought to playing Sean White. "Jeremy Johnson's our quarterback."

As far as the experience of winning games late, that'll help down the road.

I find these words disturbing.

And whoever is coaching the QBs should get the sack. Whatever coaches have been 'coaching' JJ and allowing him to be marketed as Heisman material should leave football entirely and enter politics where ineptitude and lying are more acceptable.

Jesus lol, you truly deserve your name fam

Understood, but those opponents were all Division I teams. Hope it gets fixed starting tomorrow, and on track here on out.

No kidding. Comparing Jax St to Clemson, USCe, and MSU isn't exactly apples to apples but whatever.

We've had JJ for 2 years and now we need to figure how to coach him up and use him? I'll give Gus and Lashlee the benefit that what they mean is prepping him better for each game.

Aren't you getting sick and tired of hearing how the coaching staff isn't prepared though. That in itself is concerning. How can you not be prepared for Jacksonville State?

On paper, this was to be a cakewalk, and the looming trip to Baton Rouge is far more important. That's how you can not be prepared. The caliber of our players means that sharp execution and a simple gameplan should have been sufficient to beat JSU soundly. The simple gameplan was definitely present, but the sharp execution was not. I know coaches say "one game at a time", but Auburn doesn't schedule FCS opponents for overtime contests, and they plan accordingly.

Bounces went JSU's way, they came to play and make a statement, it was 11AM (nothing good happens at 11AM on a Saturday), and Auburn played sluggish (I would say hungover if I didn't know better).

Sadly...I think you nailed it there at the end.

Glad we averted disaster. A ton to improve on but I'm hanging onto the hope that this team starts turning the corner next Saturday night.

WarDamn!

Dude...please...put on a will herring mask and do that selfie style from a pickup truck. This is your calling.

It's typical for all these people to come on here hiding behind their screen names and act like they can tell Malzahn what to do. You would be wetting your pants if you had to say this to his face. Laughable.

One anonymous poster calling out other anonymous posters. Alrighty.

We've had JJ for 2 years and now we need to figure how to coach him up and use him? I'll give Gus and Lashlee the benefit that what they mean is prepping him better for each game.

Aren't you getting sick and tired of hearing how the coaching staff isn't prepared though. That in itself is concerning. How can you not be prepared for Jacksonville State?

On paper, this was to be a cakewalk, and the looming trip to Baton Rouge is far more important. That's how you can not be prepared. The caliber of our players means that sharp execution and a simple gameplan should have been sufficient to beat JSU soundly. The simple gameplan was definitely present, but the sharp execution was not. I know coaches say "one game at a time", but Auburn doesn't schedule FCS opponents for overtime contests, and they plan accordingly.

Bounces went JSU's way, they came to play and make a statement, it was 11AM (nothing good happens at 11AM on a Saturday), and Auburn played sluggish (I would say hungover if I didn't know better).

That explains the Jacksonville State game. How do you explain the Louisville game? I mean, when do you start to blame the coaches because it's there job to prepare their players for each game. JJ hasn't improved much at all the first two games. He can't even read the defense yet, ill-advised passes, unable to locate DB's until it's too late, unable to locate wide open receivers, etc. Surely, that can't be attributed to an early start time.

Most complaining about his presser are ignorant to what is said to the players themselves. Praise in public and chastise in private. To think he would put his displeasure out for the world to see shows that they don't understand how a football team opporates.

Thank you for having a brain.

you can like this or you can not like it, it does not matter to me because the truth is the truth....we are NOT a good football team....period

If we were not a good team we would have folded in the 4th Q after the fumble and took the loss. We played a bad game today, without several of our top players, against a team that does not stink and we won. Today was tough to watch, but we have some good football in front of us, guaranteed.

WDE

It's typical for all these people to come on here hiding behind their screen names and act like they can tell Malzahn what to do. You would be wetting your pants if you had to say this to his face. Laughable.

One anonymous poster calling out other anonymous posters. Alrighty.

I will actually rip you a new one in person. That's the difference between you and me.

Most complaining about his presser are ignorant to what is said to the players themselves. Praise in public and chastise in private. To think he would put his displeasure out for the world to see shows that they don't understand how a football team opporates.

Actions speak louder than words. For the second straight week, the team wasn't prepared for their opponent. That speaks volumes. He doesn't have to say anything.

Actions speak louder than words. For the second straight week, the team wasn't prepared for their opponent. That speaks volumes. He doesn't have to say anything.

Prepared enough apparently. 2-0

Archived