Malzahn's Post Game Presser - Jacksonville State

RunInRed

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God, this board has become the old ITAT.

It is not hard to figure out who here has played ball in the past, and who has not.

Bunch of little brother sounding sissies.

Agree!

Most complaining about his presser are ignorant to what is said to the players themselves. Praise in public and chastise in private. To think he would put his displeasure out for the world to see shows that they don't understand how a football team opporates.

Actions speak louder than words. For the second straight week, the team wasn't prepared for their opponent. That speaks volumes. He doesn't have to say anything.

Prepared enough apparently. 2-0

You mean FORTUNATELY!, 2-0.

Bounces went JSU's way, they came to play and make a statement, it was 11AM (nothing good happens at 11AM on a Saturday), and Auburn played sluggish (I would say hungover if I didn't know better).

You can sometimes find a good brunch around 11am on a Saturday.

Most complaining about his presser are ignorant to what is said to the players themselves. Praise in public and chastise in private. To think he would put his displeasure out for the world to see shows that they don't understand how a football team opporates.

Ikr. That's why I asked what did they want him to say. Go out there and say we don't have any answers? Throw players under the bus? How would that help?

Yep. don't know what else you can expect from Gus

Gus is not Spurrier.

That I am most thankful for!

He's right. He's needs to help Jeremy. Alot

Who the hell has been helping Jeremy the last two year?

Ha... Ask Gus that

Dameyune Craig should be coaching our quarterbacks! Lashlee sucks!

I can't remember who said this on here but i'm getting close to having only one of them call the plays. It's not only b/c of JJ's play but the issues with communication as well. Also, it just seems to slow us down us down even more b/c they need to have a conference to call the next play and agree on it together. Figure out who is going to call the plays and let's pick up the pace of the offense.

No sense of urgency from the coaches or the players. I hope it's because they know something we don't.

Seems kinda odd that the coaches and players appear cool, calm, and collected in the wake of a poor performance.

Malzahn said:

(T)here was never a thought to playing Sean White. "Jeremy Johnson's our quarterback."

As far as the experience of winning games late, that'll help down the road.

I find these words disturbing.

And whoever is coaching the QBs should get the sack. Whatever coaches have been 'coaching' JJ and allowing him to be marketed as Heisman material should leave football entirely and enter politics where ineptitude and lying are more acceptable.

Why? It's classic Gus. How long did he take him to pull Frazier? And realize KF wasn't who he thought he was. That's your answer.

No sense of urgency from the coaches or the players. I hope it's because they know something we don't.

Seems kinda odd that the coaches and players appear cool, calm, and collected in the wake of a poor performance.

Gus is taking responsibility for the team's play.

He's going to help people more.

He told the public nothing will be changing.

So, what's there for them to be upset about?

Malzahn said:

(T)here was never a thought to playing Sean White. "Jeremy Johnson's our quarterback."

And whoever is coaching the QBs should get the sack. Whatever coaches have been 'coaching' JJ and allowing him to be marketed as Heisman material should leave football entirely and enter politics where ineptitude and lying are more acceptable.

Why? It's classic Gus. How long did he take him to pull Frazier? And realize KF wasn't who he thought he was. That's your answer.

You do realize that was Scot Loeffler, right????

I'm not ignorant. I'm tired of coach speak. We all know we sucked today. I just want a head coach to step up and tell it like it is.

That's not how coaching works. He's dealing with a group of young men, mostly under the drinking age, who still have parents involved. When a team wins it's because the players did well. When they lose it's because of the coach.

If our team is struggling with chemistry as some speculate then calling them out makes things worse. The players know they didn't play well and they'll hear about it in film. He owes the media nothing. He took ownership of the offensive struggles and thanked the fans for their part in the game.

Exactly. Every player will get feedback on every single snap they played.

Malzahn said:

You guys do realize that Frazier was the starter in 2012, when Gus was gone from Auburn, right? He played the Wildcat role only in 2011 - Gus's last year in Auburn.

It's typical for all these people to come on here hiding behind their screen names and act like they can tell Malzahn what to do. You would be wetting your pants if you had to say this to his face. Laughable.

One anonymous poster calling out other anonymous posters. Alrighty.

I will actually rip you a new one in person. That's the difference between you and me.

Oooooooo.........Internet tough guy!!!!! SCARY. Lmao. Take that crap somewhere else.

Malzahn said:

Gus wasn't even on Auburn's staff that year....

Malzahn said:

Beat me by like 10 seconds.

It is not hard to figure out who here has played ball in the past, and who has not.

+100

I'll be the first to admit we need some serious improvement on both sides of the line. That said there is no doubt that the last two teams we played, have played their best game against us. The receivers for Jax St made some unbelievable catches today. I don't know how you stop something like that. Folks need to give JSU their due. This wasn't about playing down it was about not getting the job done. Either JJ has to get a grip on his mental game or GM needs to bring SW in. Hopeful we get our game together before next week. WDE

Amen. And the throws were amazing too. Many of those catches were well covered.

And fat Bielema DID ACTUALLY LOSE today. To TOLEDO.

Exactly. Could be worse. It's funny because i see some of the same people that were calling Gus a genius...now he's an idiot. Guess that how it goes. :dunno:

It's typical for all these people to come on here hiding behind their screen names and act like they can tell Malzahn what to do. You would be wetting your pants if you had to say this to his face. Laughable.

One anonymous poster calling out other anonymous posters. Alrighty.

I will actually rip you a new one in person. That's the difference between you and me.

Here we go. Step away from the computer please...

Malzahn said:

My bad...wrong year and coach. You're right. I just don't see him pulling JJ though.

Archived