Malzahn's Post Game Presser - Jacksonville State

RunInRed

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think the guys will come out with more fire next week. Think we're gonna see some much better football from AU next week. Gotta get the run going and gotta draw up some better situational plays.

I have the same hope. Not sure I expect a whole lot, but I am hoping!! Not feeling good about playing this LSU team at all right now.

No easy way to say it. We looked like a bottom dweller in the SEC today.

Here's hoping we can play next week as per the talent that is on this team. If we don't, we are going to lose big time.

No easy way to say it. We looked like a bottom dweller in the SEC today.

Here's hoping we can play next week as per the talent that is on this team. If we don't, we are going to lose big time.

I just hope we can get much of our talent healthy enough to play.

Gus needs to call the plays himself IMO. That is why AU hired him and what makes him a special coach. What exactly the point of having Gus Malzahn if he is going to delegate play calling?

God, this board has become the old ITAT.

It is not hard to figure out who here has played ball in the past, and who has not.

Bunch of little brother sounding sissies.

So, in order to have an opinion means you should be a former player? Ever wonder why more AU people don't participate in the forum?

I like what Gus said assuming he does some A$$ chewing behind closed doors. He admitted that we didn't play well an he said some of the blame was in play calling. The only thing I didn't like is to say that JJ is our QB period. At some point you have to be wiling to make a change if any player does not produce.

Gus needs to call the plays himself IMO. That is why AU hired him and what makes him a special coach. What exactly the point of having Gus Malzahn if he is going to delegate play calling?

Yep. Enough with the playcalling by committee and having conferences on the sideline.

No sense of urgency from the coaches or the players. I hope it's because they know something we don't.

Seems kinda odd that the coaches and players appear cool, calm, and collected in the wake of a poor performance.

Yeah! What are they thinking by trying to keep their heads? Much better to panic in public and run around as though their hair is on fire...right?

Malzahn said:

(T)here was never a thought to playing Sean White. "Jeremy Johnson's our quarterback."

As far as the experience of winning games late, that'll help down the road.

I find these words disturbing.

And whoever is coaching the QBs should get the sack. Whatever coaches have been 'coaching' JJ and allowing him to be marketed as Heisman material should leave football entirely and enter politics where ineptitude and lying are more acceptable.

Why? It's classic Gus. How long did he take him to pull Frazier? And realize KF wasn't who he thought he was. That's your answer.

That is soooo funny. Here's why: Kiehl Frazier was never, ever the starting QB at AU during Malzahn's time as OC under Chiz or as head coach. Malzahn never pulled Frazier, because when Frazier was named the starter in 2012, Malzahn was at Arky State.

(You want a warm towel to wipe the egg from your face?)

Malzahn said:

(T)here was never a thought to playing Sean White. "Jeremy Johnson's our quarterback."

And whoever is coaching the QBs should get the sack. Whatever coaches have been 'coaching' JJ and allowing him to be marketed as Heisman material should leave football entirely and enter politics where ineptitude and lying are more acceptable.

Why? It's classic Gus. How long did he take him to pull Frazier? And realize KF wasn't who he thought he was. That's your answer.

You do realize that was Scot Loeffler, right????

My bad...wrong year and coach. You're right. I just don't see him pulling JJ though.

Great! So absolutely nothing you based your argument on was correct, but you're sticking to your guns anyway.

While the preparation by the coaches for this game was concerning, I think the team was very well prepared for Louisville. The negative of that game was Jeremy Johnson's 3 interceptions and giving up some yards in the 4th quarter. However, we led 31-10 at one point and played a pretty solid game. I think how we play against LSU will be a better determinate of how this season will go, and confirm whether we will resemble the preparation seen for the UL game or the JSU game.

No sense of urgency from the coaches or the players. I hope it's because they know something we don't.

Seems kinda odd that the coaches and players appear cool, calm, and collected in the wake of a poor performance.

Yeah! What are they thinking by trying to keep their heads? Much better to panic in public and run around as though their hair is on fire...right?

Over dramatic much? Is this really what you consider having a sense of urgency to be or are you purposely trying to act like my 6 year old daughter?

Over dramatic much? Is this really what you consider having a sense of urgency to be or are you purposely trying to act like my 6 year old daughter?

Me? I'm not being dramatic. I'm pointing at the dram queens. You live in opposite land.

Malzahn said:

My bad...wrong year and coach. You're right. I just don't see him pulling JJ though.

Great! So absolutely nothing you based your argument on was correct, but you're sticking to your guns anyway.

WHAT IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?

Malzahn said:

That is soooo funny. Here's why: Kiehl Frazier was never, ever the starting QB at AU during Malzahn's time as OC under Chiz or as head coach. Malzahn never pulled Frazier, because when Frazier was named the starter in 2012, Malzahn was at Arky State.

(You want a warm towel to wipe the egg from your face?)

You clearly missed the post where the guy admitted error on that little factoid.

Lighten up Francis.

Not satisfied with the team performance throughout much of the contest, however I'm not sure why some expected anything different from this presser. Not many college coaches are going to ream their players in public. All that does is potentially open the door for more team discontinuity.

Malzahn said:

save the political stuff for the politics forum. It doesn't belong here

so maybe we need to get back to the OP.... :dunno:

I thought Gus danced pretty well...mastering the art of "coach speak", etc.

It's typical for all these people to come on here hiding behind their screen names and act like they can tell Malzahn what to do. You would be wetting your pants if you had to say this to his face. Laughable.

One anonymous poster calling out other anonymous posters. Alrighty.

I will actually rip you a new one in person. That's the difference between you and me.

Another line anonymous posters say.

Malzahn said:

Great! So absolutely nothing you based your argument on was correct, but you're sticking to your guns anyway. Let me guess...evangelical Republican?

save the political discussion for the politics forum. It doesn't belong here

It is great having this board where I learn a lot about what is going on with the program and get to read some guys that know more about the game dissect certain things. Then there are the posters who are either drunk - admittedly me on occasion as I watch the game in the middle of the night here - or are spoiled, entitled fans who just want to throw a temper tantrum. Fire the coach! Bench the starting qb and bring in that other guy that has never been in a real game! After two games; both wins.

This was a classic trap game for us - unfancied opponent, 11am start, LSU looming, key players out - and as bad as it looked, we won. We are 2-0 and every possibility is before us. Have some perspective. We are not the New England Patriots. We are a college football team that has had some pretty nice success the past decade or so which has made some of us forget how Auburn people used to support their team through thick and thin. Grow a pair and quit dogging the players and coaches. I guarantee it means more to them than it does to you and they work damn hard.

I suspect the coaching staff will focus some minds on the practice fields next week and we will go into Baton Rouge mean and hungry (hopefully with Carl and Trey on the field) and quite possibly beat LSU in Tiger Stadium. Even if it should happen that we lose though, consider bringing some analysis to the discussions on this board rather than just pointless, repetitive ranting. It's boring and maybe even counter-productive since some of the players may read some of this.

WDE!

Malzahn said:

Great! So absolutely nothing you based your argument on was correct, but you're sticking to your guns anyway. Let me guess...evangelical Republican?

save the political discussion for the politics forum. It doesn't belong here

It is great having this board where I learn a lot about what is going on with the program and get to read some guys that know more about the game dissect certain things. Then there are the posters who are either drunk - admittedly me on occasion as I watch the game in the middle of the night here - or are spoiled, entitled fans who just want to throw a temper tantrum. Fire the coach! Bench the starting qb and bring in that other guy that has never been in a real game! After two games; both wins.

This was a classic trap game for us - unfancied opponent, 11am start, LSU looming, key players out - and as bad as it looked, we won. We are 2-0 and every possibility is before us. Have some perspective. We are not the New England Patriots. We are a college football team that has had some pretty nice success the past decade or so which has made some of us forget how Auburn people used to support their team through thick and thin. Grow a pair and quit dogging the players and coaches. I guarantee it means more to them than it does to you and they work damn hard.

I suspect the coaching staff will focus some minds on the practice fields next week and we will go into Baton Rouge mean and hungry (hopefully with Carl and Trey on the field) and quite possibly beat LSU in Tiger Stadium. Even if it should happen that we lose though, consider bringing some analysis to the discussions on this board rather than just pointless, repetitive ranting. It's boring and maybe even counter-productive since some of the players may read some of this.

WDE!

:clap:

WDE!

:hellyeah:

Archived