Jacksonville State Report Card

StatTiger

Game #2 Statistical Evaluation (Jacksonville State Game)

Offensive Report Card

01) Avg 6-yards per play on 1st down: [5.18] fail

02) Convert at least 40% of 3rd downs: [58.3%] pass

03) Avg at least 4.5 yards per rush: [4.34] fail

04) Score on at least 1/3 of possessions: [45.4%] pass

05) Keep 3 and out series under 33%: [18.2%] pass

06) Average 8.0 yards per pass attempt: [7.37 yds] fail

07) Score at least 75% inside red zone: [75.0%] pass

08) TD red zone above 60%: [50.0%] fail

09) Avg at least 30-yards per possession: [36.4 yds] pass

10) 40% of offensive snaps part of scoring drives: [57.1%] pass

11) TD / Turnover ratio above 1.6: [3/3] fail

12) TD ratio of at least 1 every 17 snaps: [23.3] fail

13) At least 8 impact plays: [4] fail

14) At least 2 big plays: [1] fail

15) Pass rating of at least 125.0: [135.7] pass

Score: 7 of 15 (46.7%) Fail

Defensive Report Card:

01) Avg under 6-yards per play on 1st down: [4.84] pass

02) Convert below 35% of 3rd downs: [47.1%] fail

03) Avg at least 4.0 yards per rush: [3.50] pass

04) Score below 1/3 of possessions: [33.3%] fail

05) Keep 3 and out series above 33%: [.09%] fail

06) Average below 7.5 yards per pass attempt: [6.44 yds] pass

07) Score below 75% inside red zone: [66.6%] pass

08) TD red zone below 60%: [33.3%] pass

09) Avg under 30-yards per possession: [36.5 yds] fail

10) Less than 40% of offensive snaps part of scoring drives: [47.2%] fail

11) TD / Turnover ratio below 1.6: [2/1] fail

12) TD ratio of at least 1 every 30 snaps: [44.5] pass

13) Less than 8 impact plays: [5] pass

14) No more than 2 big plays allowed: [0] pass

15) Pass rating below 125.0: [117.6] pass

Score: 9 of 15 (60.0%) pass

Special Teams Report Card:

1) Punt Average (Above 41.3): [38.3] 3/3 inside 20 (pass)

2) Punt Return Defense (Below 7.8 YPR): [0.0] pass

3) Punt Return Offense (Above 9.8 YPR): [0.0] fail

4) Kick-Return Defense (Below 21.2 YPR): [30.0] fail

5) Kick-Return Offense (Above 22.3 YPR): [46.0] pass

6) PAT’s (100%): [4 of 4] pass

7) FG Pct (75% or above): [100.0%] pass

Score: 5 of 7 (71.4%) pass

* Keep in mind that above 50% is a passing score.

War Eagle!

I'm glad the defense passed, though I'm a little surprised. We couldn't stop them on 3rd down well at all, which is why we kept letting them sustain drives. I do think we got better as the game went on.

I'm not surprised the offense failed.

I'm glad the defense passed, though I'm a little surprised. We couldn't stop them on 3rd down well at all, which is why we kept letting them sustain drives. I do think we got better as the game went on.

Well, getting a D on a test is passing I guess. :)

Gus just has to do something to jump start the offense! I think the D may be OK if we can get the injured players back but the offense almost got us beat again today. OL played poorly. QB struggles go without saying. Everything is just out of sync.

Ironic that Jeremy is being criticized for pressing and trying to make those big impact plays....

I have a feeling that this game was even more of a learning experience than Louisville. Especially for our coaches. We came very close to losing to an inferior, albeit hungry, team. The coaches are going to have to look very hard at they plays they are calling and how to correct some of these mental mistakes.

Don't see how Gus plans on earning his championship performance bonuses with a below avg qb. We scored 2 TD's in regulation against an FCS school. We have more Int's than TDs on the season....and we haven't played anyone yet (our week 1 "quality" opponent lost to HOU for crying out loud). I wonder what Jacobs is saying to him in his weeklky reviews?

Ironic that Jeremy is being criticized for pressing and trying to make those big impact plays....

I have a feeling that this game was even more of a learning experience than Louisville. Especially for our coaches. We came very close to losing to an inferior, albeit hungry, team. The coaches are going to have to look very hard at they plays they are calling and how to correct some of these mental mistakes.

Are you accepting a premise that Jeremy's poor play was due to his pressing and trying to make big impact plays? That seems to be a common - the preferred - view. Game 2 would have to be more of a learning experience than game 1, because it looks as though nobody learned anything from Game 1.

But maybe JJ wasn't pressing. Maybe he's just trying to play his game and it's just not working out. If that's the case, then wanting to give another QB a try isn't so much blaming JJ and wishing to punish him so much as seeking a spark to get this team on the right track. How has giving Peyton Barber play time worked out so far?

I definitely agree that it's up to the coaching staff to make this work. They chose these (offensive) players. They've coached them. It's up to them to win with them.

Next week will be the biggest test we will encounter so far this season. I hope we see a vastly improved team that can come away with a win. We do this, then things will settle down and we can start enjoying the season better. We are 2-0, and need to focus on this. If we take a beat down, then all bets are off. If this happens, Gus needs to bench JJ and let Sean White show his stuff.

Who knows, this might be what we need to do. Not sure Gus will do this, but he needs to strongly consider this asap. The defense will come around soon of which most of us seem to think.

Next week will be the biggest test we will encounter so far this season. I hope we see a vastly improved team that can come away with a win. We do this, then things will settle down and we can start enjoying the season better. We are 2-0, and need to focus on this. If we take a beat down, then all bets are off. If this happens, Gus needs to bench JJ and let Sean White show his stuff.

Who knows, this might be what we need to do. Not sure Gus will do this, but he needs to strongly consider this asap. The defense will come around soon of which most of us seem to think.

Gus has benched the starter before, it was last year's UGA game when Nick was totally ineffective and he put JJ in for the last few series. JJ was as ineffective as Nick during his time at the helm (a possible precursor to this season). I think the game will have to be out of hand before Gus will remove his starter, but I would like to see what Sean could do with this team.

Well, getting a D on a test is passing I guess. :)

There are no longer "D" grades in my teen's highschool.

personally I think both the D and the O failed this week except for the last 2 min of regulation and overtime. with the exception of Payton Barber. That kid is a beast. Love the way he runs the ball. hoping next week our injured players are all back in the mix and we see a different team.

Individually, still waiting for Duke to show up. 5 catches in 2 games, long of 18 yds.

Can't make Jeremy throw his way unfortunately. Seems the two just don't have real chemistry

He did but it was a pick....duke is being doubled now but people still say target him then at the same time mad about interceptions....What is it going to be?

Individually, still waiting for Duke to show up. 5 catches in 2 games, long of 18 yds.

Can't make Jeremy throw his way unfortunately. Seems the two just don't have real chemistry

He did but it was a pick....duke is being doubled now but people still say target him then at the same time mad about interceptions....What is it going to be?

Hopefully the increase in targets toward Louis and Ray will loosen defenses on Duke. I also believe if the TE/H-back could catch a few passes, it'd probably help Jeremy's confidence and help loosen defenses against the run. I, however, do have confidence that the coaching staff will figure out how to correct the offensive woes.

His 5 int's have nothing to do with targeting Duke IMO. Wish it was that simple.

You're acting like I'm saying throw it to him every play or something or throw when coverage is right in front of him. Marshall learned how to hit Duke when he would be double covered because Sammie would be hindered for whatever reasons. There WAS routes and plays where Duke was designed to get open, there should still be that here.

Duke wasn't focused on then like me is now by other teams. And Duke hasn't even been playing like he wants to be out there. He's not playing at the same level, not to mention the drops he's had. But either way if he's not open what you does Johnson supposed to do? Unless I've been watching different games what plays you've seen Duke running wide open where he's missed?

Archived