Jacksonville State Report Card

StatTiger

I sometimes feel compelled to add to these extremely helpful statistic threads. I was all over Ellis Johnson this time last year and Van Gorder in 2012 because in addition to hit & miss stats by our D, obvious (IMO) other factors made it clear we were headed in a very, very bad direction. Those defenses alarmingly early on had defenders pointing fingers at each other and giving up on plays. A lot. Those teams lacked player leadership (which is not necessarily the same as individual players playing well). I think I'm not alone in believing Lawson and at least a couple guys can be on the field leaders for this D, if they're healthy and playing. The young guys have looked animated, frustrated and in need of leadership these first 2 games. I hope this is nipped in the bud quickly so these intangibles bleed into the statistics in a positive way. Once they go south with 18-22 year olds, look out.

I sometimes feel compelled to add to these extremely helpful statistic threads. I was all over Ellis Johnson this time last year and Van Gorder in 2012 because in addition to hit & miss stats by our D, obvious (IMO) other factors made it clear we were headed in a very, very bad direction. Those defenses alarmingly early on had defenders pointing fingers at each other and giving up on plays. A lot. Those teams lacked player leadership (which is not necessarily the same as individual players playing well). I think I'm not alone in believing Lawson and at least a couple guys can be on the field leaders for this D, if they're healthy and playing. The young guys have looked animated, frustrated and in need of leadership these first 2 games. I hope this is nipped in the bud quickly so these intangibles bleed into the statistics in a positive way. Once they go south with 18-22 year olds, look out.

Why do we always have such attitude and personality problems on this team?

Lack of leadership, frustration with the coaches, aggitation among each other seems to be an issue all the damn time with AU.

Well one thing I know it doesn't make sense to complain about a guy not reading defenses or going through projections and at the same time complain about not targeting a particular player enough...

Archived