JJ

gr82b4au

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing I do know was he was confident and a leader

Well he is not either of those things right now. He looks scared. He needs to stop being tentative and lead the team. He has happy feet in the pocket when nobody is around. Only the strong survive as an sec quarterback. As a player you either have it or you don't. Right now he does not have it.

As I said earlier, come game time it looks like he would rather be anywhere but in the stadium. Watch the replays.

SIAP. Strange if true, from CBS Sports

At one point Saturday, Johnson started wearing a glove on his throwing hard after bizarrely losing a fumble. According to CBS Sports sideline reporter Allie LaForce, offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee took the glove off Johnson's hand, threw it behind the bench and told him he doesn't need a glove, it's mental. If your offensive coordinator feels he must do that, it's probably time to change quarterbacks. Johnson's body language has been bad for three weeks.

At one point Saturday, Johnson started wearing a glove on his throwing hard after bizarrely losing a fumble. According to CBS Sports sideline reporter Allie LaForce, offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee took the glove off Johnson's hand, threw it behind the bench and told him he doesn't need a glove, it's mental. If your offensive coordinator feels he must do that, it's probably time to change quarterbacks. Johnson's body language has been bad for three weeks.

I just saw that again on the replay. That was the implication - that CRL told JJ the problem was in his head. That right there is a confidence killer. CRL must be feeling some kind of heat to act that way.

And what's wrong with letting him use a glove if it helps his mental game? I don't care if the kid wants to wear a lucky rabbit's foot on a chain around his neck if he thinks it'll help and it does.

What I hate is I think the recieving core we have right now is really good. Like Id put them up with any we've had in a longtime and they will be wasted this year being in an offense that is dis functional.

I understand the coaches wanting to stay with their guy, but at what point do they say it is time to move forward. After the season is a wash? This is just like the 2011 season all over no QB. 2013 started the same way but then Marshall took over and you saw immediate improvement in the Miss St game, so do we give JJ a chance AGAIN??? He should have a VERY SHORT LEASE against Miss St. We cannot afford to lose back to back. Something has to change!

What I hate is I think the recieving core we have right now is really good. Like Id put them up with any we've had in a longtime and they will be wasted this year being in an offense that is dis functional.

Not to mention the 2016 recruiting class of WRs that will turn away because of lack of productivity.

They haven't been impressing me at all this season. I'm starting to wonder about CDC's coaching ability at that position.

They haven't been impressing me at all this season. I'm starting to wonder about CDC's coaching ability at that position.

Yep. Maybe Coach Craig has experience coaching a different position and could be moved there? But only if that other position needs some help.

Archived