O-Line

juscAUse

One of the commentators made an onservation that makes sense. The JSU defense couldn't deal with overpowering the O-line, so they started cut blockong the pulling guards, causing the RB's to have to either jump over them or go around them. I was puzzeled by the lack of use of the speed sweep to loosen up the box, but what do I know.

Was Avery Young not playing because of an injury??? or was it the decision to 'shake-up' the line???

Im very concerned with the coaching and their decision making. I'm really puzzled about what they are doing with these players to prepare them for Saturday's, cause our team looks ill prepared.

Im very concerned with the coaching and their decision making. I'm really puzzled about what they are doing with these players to prepare them for Saturday's, cause our team looks ill prepared.

You have to wonder ... :dunno:

Gus stated in presser after game Avery was injured last week and that is why he did not play this week.

O-line has been very disappointing to me. JJ can't carry this team with his arm(at least not now)so the offense must establish the run game and branch out from there. I really feel much of our early O=Line troubles are the coaches fault. Not poor technique, but time management. The entire spring and most fall practice (according to reports) there was a different line up every day. The players all need a fair "Look" to see who's offseason work may have propelled them up the depth chart, but the coaches also should be able to recognize the line up that gives us the best chance to win before game week. These kids need time to learn one another! If it is that close, put in the older kid and live with it. It is more important that the O-Line play as ONE. Using the first 3 or 4 games to "Gel" is just crazy. That is what pre season is for. Same goes for the offense as a whole. It seems it takes Gus 3 or 4 games to figure out what they do well and how to build on it. This is not the NFL, we don't have pre season games. I think the entire spring and fall practice routines need to be looked at closely. I'm not saying we have to be bowl ready in Sept. but we should be game ready.

That LSU defence is swarming tonight. Our oline coaches better be watching and taking notes, or we will get crushed next week.

Offense looks equally potent.

That LSU defence is swarming tonight. Our oline coaches better be watching and taking notes, or we will get crushed next week.

Offense looks equally potent.

Those Tigers look hungry.

I think teams now realize JJ is not a running threat. So we only have one ball carrier to focus on except for an occasional sweep. Jeremy is not consistent enough to take us the length of the field with his arm right now. We were successful at end of game with short field and JSU defense being tired. OL eventually wore them down but almost too late.

It is obvious JJ is not a great runner but what hurts more is he doesn't know how to read the zone read. There were a few plays I saw where even a slow runner would have picked up some solid yardage but he didn't keep the ball even though Jax had over committed to stop the RB.

Not giving up just yet. Not going to do it. Not pumping sunshine, but just not ready to give up. Lol

Haven't gelled at all. Not playing as a unit. No push off the line. Making JJ's job just that much harder.

Hmmmmmm... I'm sure you meant to mention that Avery Young wasn't playing due to injury, that this forced us to move Braden to right tackle and have someone else play right guard. That may or may not have affected that failure to gel and not playing as a unit.

One starter out, and we basically play "Two" substitutes. With our recent recruiting, I would hope we could just put the back up tackle in as opposed to complete o-line overhaul.

One starter out, and we basically play "Two" substitutes. With our recent recruiting, I would hope we could just put the back up tackle in as opposed to complete o-line overhaul.

I agree.

One of the commentators made an onservation that makes sense. The JSU defense couldn't deal with overpowering the O-line, so they started cut blockong the pulling guards, causing the RB's to have to either jump over them or go around them. I was puzzeled by the lack of use of the speed sweep to loosen up the box, but what do I know.

It seemed like the only success we had rushing most of the game was off-tackle...so that makes a lot of sense.

Archived