Injuries

ToomersRevenge

One thing that I think we can all agree on is that injuries to key players have killed us recently.

With the return of Countess from his ejection, there are still some other starters we're missing.

What is the status to this point of Lawson, Matthews, and Young?

Does anyone know?

One thing that I think we can all agree on is that injuries to key players have killed us recently.

With the return of Countess from his ejection, there are still some other starters we're missing.

What is the status to this point of Lawson, Matthews, and Young?

Does anyone know?

PTB said he expects Lawson to play but not Mathews. I amnot sure what he said about Young. My guess is everyone plays but Mathews.

I sure hope WM isn't just being optimistic for Matthews, but I know he would want LSU to prepare for both. This is one of those cases where I would be happy to be wrong.

As for Holsey, that's discouraging about his knee. MRI pending but usually there's a good guess about stability with exam alone.

I have a sick feeling about this game. I just hope it isn't a demoralizing loss. Though the 2013 team lost to LSU, it was a respectable loss. If we win, anything will be possible this season. I have to believe that Gus will pull out all the stops to win this one, onside kicks, half back pass, swinging gate, fumble rooskie, statue of liberty, it ought to be fun no matter what the outcome. War Eagle and beat the corn dogs.

Garrett, Lawson and Matthews all expected back for LSU, per Muschamp

Didn't he say that earlier this week too?

yes, the injury updates mean nothing to me if it comes from our coaches.

Just from reading about recovery from a hip flexor, Lawson should be back for the LSU game. Two weeks is about right for a second degree strain. The doctors just have him on crutches to speed up the healing from not putting weight on the leg.

Matthews was raising his arms and giving Ford high 5's during the Jax game so that is encouraging.

With Lawson, it all depends on the severity of the strain. The healing time on a mild strain is 1-3 weeks if you keep the weight off.

"Prognosis of a hip flexor strain- With appropriate management, patients with a minor hip flexor strain can usually recover in one to three weeks. With larger tears, recovery may take four to eight weeks or longer depending on the severity. Complete ruptures of the hip flexor muscles are rare and are usually managed conservatively."

http://www.physioadvisor.com.au/10428650/hip-flexor-strain-hip-flexor-injury-iliopsoas-.htm

Lawson on crutches looks like 2-4 weeks to me. I'm not buying on Muschamp's comments.

Agree..me either. I think Tray has a decent chance to play against LSU. However, i don't think Lawson will play.

Archived