Something that would be nice to add to the playbook

StatTiger

When AU goes play-action, they have thrown the quick out on this play but never the quick slant (off play-action). Oregon, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State run this play very well and it places so much stress on the opposing defense. Jacksonville State ran this play very well against Auburn as well.

During his career, Johnson is 61 of 73, throwing within 10-yards of the LOS with no picks and a passer rating of 154.7. Great play on 1st down and 2nd & short, when the LB's are playing the run and the safeties are in cover-2.

Would be an excellent play to add! And would most definitely stress the LBs by making them pay for taking that first instinctual step towards the LOS. Throughout the game, it has an effect of making the LBs one step slower to react to the run.

What happened to all the motion we had several years?

I remember someone in motion running behind the TB on every play.

I remember discussions about how confusing it was, coupled with different plays out of similar sets.

Now, I see no motion and same plays out of same sets.

Am I wrong?

I remember discussions about how confusing it was, coupled with different plays out of similar sets.

Am I wrong?

Don't think you are, There is nothing fast, furious or physical about the AU offenses except Barber and Ricardo

Gus has a big decision to make. Is his loyalty to Jeremy or Auburn? I have read that he is very stubborn but if he is as smart as I think he is he will make the right decision. At least I hope he does.

Am I wrong?

Great observation about the motion. With more of a pocket passer, you would think there would be more. I always enjoyed the orbit motion over the backfield. Hopefully we will see it in Baton Rouge.

Am I wrong?

Great observation about the motion. With more of a pocket passer, you would think there would be more. I always enjoyed the orbit motion over the backfield. Hopefully we will see it in Baton Rouge.

This is what I was talking about in another thread. We saw a lot of moving parts and many times even the cameramen would be confused. We don't have to have a running QB for that.

Archived