So, What happened?

AUGoo

Awfully quiet on The Family threads.

I have not seen the usual LB's are weak or the OL was out of sync discussions I'm accustomed to to watch for the upcoming games. Some things were obvious like pass to YOUR team mates and hold on to the ball.

As a former non football player I rely on you guys to educate me....to open my eyes.

I saw M. Adams busting his tail. Where was the rest of the line? D-II school right?

Think Frost found his position. Looked like he lined up at FS a couple of times. Bring in the next LB.

How does a D-II school slow down our running game?

What happened to our Hosses up front?

Come on guys!

Help me out.

I'm still walking tall in my O and B, but my head is slightly bowed this week.

I think what happened is 1000 threads talking about the exact same topic. Not pointed at you in particular, just a general observation. But then again, maybe we are waiting on the right thread to "click" and then we'll put all of our eggs in that basket lol

Pretty simple really:

Defense: The best players on defense are hurt. Our best player (Lawson) has played 1 quarter and is on crutches. Our second best player hurt his shoulder in the first game and did not play in game 2. Garrett has been one of our best LBs but he was hurt and did not play much in game 2. Russell was hurt in the first half of the game 2 and played hurt all game. Holsey was going to contribute a LOT but he may be done for the year. On top of that they are out there about 80 plays a game because we keep turning the ball over on offense. Because of injuries we are playing backups and a TON of freshmen. IMO you get these guys back on defense and we will be STOUT. Not really concerned yet because we do not have a full deck.

Offense: The starting QB throws the ball to the other team. A lot. He has the highest number of INTs through 2 games for any QB in the SEC over the last 6 years and he also has the highest INT/pass ratio in the nation (per ESPN). He is having trouble reading defenses. Basically from what we are gathering - nobody saw this coming. Supposedly he does not play like this in practice (but nobody knows really). On top of that we fumble the ball in key situations, WRs are having trouble blocking and catching at times, and we can't run even the most basic plays (other than a handoff to PB). Nobody has ever seen a Gus offense look like this bad... it is the darndest thing.

Pretty simple really:

Defense: The best players on defense are hurt. Our best player (Lawson) has played 1 quarter and is on crutches. Our second best player hurt his shoulder in the first game and did not play in game 2. Garrett has been one of our best LBs but he was hurt and did not play much in game 2. Russell was hurt in the first half of the game 2 and played hurt all game. Holsey was going to contribute a LOT but he may be done for the year. On top of that they are out there about 80 plays a game because we keep turning the ball over on offense. Because of injuries we are playing backups and a TON of freshmen. IMO you get these guys back on defense and we will be STOUT. Not really concerned yet because we do not have a full deck.

Offense: The starting QB throws the ball to the other team. A lot. He has the highest number of INTs through 2 games for any QB in the SEC over the last 6 years and he also has the highest INT/pass ratio in the nation (per ESPN). He is having trouble reading defenses. Basically from what we are gathering - nobody saw this coming. Supposedly he does not play like this in practice (but nobody knows really). On top of that we fumble the ball in key situations, WRs are having trouble blocking and catching at times, and we can't run even the most basic plays (other than a handoff to PB). Nobody has ever seen a Gus offense look like this bad... it is the darndest thing.

very well said....

or to save text you could have just said every aspect (which exception of kicking off) we look like it is the first year we fielded a football team.

you wonder what the practices are like. Do they actually rush and try to confuse the qb or let him run the play without any pressure.

We saw signs of this last year. The injuries have really gashed the team. Play calling once again has become timid and scared, it looks like the coaches have no confidence in themselves or the team. Opposing defenses have done a great job of preparing for our predictable play calling.

Pretty simple really:

very well said....

or to save text you could have just said every aspect (which exception of kicking off) we look like it is the first year we fielded a football team.

I gotta think the first year Auburn was established, we at least knew how to read three men on one.

I thought we were expecting a strong rotation at DL.

For the 2nd year in a row we have no one who can play DE?

How much of O woes are play calling?

I can now predict the plays from LOS.

The questions:

1. Will Mr. Lawson be ready for LSU at least 90% healthy?

2. will T Mathews be ready to play at LSU?

3. will our OL be back at full strength?

If we get CL and TM back close to full speed for LSU, we will have a decent chance of leaving BR with a nice SEC quality win.

Pretty simple really:

Great job. Looks like the only thing you forgot is the holding penalties.

Responses are interesting....The D should not be totally dependent upon one player...Mr. Lawson. To be so is a reflection on poor recruiting and poor coaching. If one player on defense makes this much difference it is a sad place to be.

Offense has shown little to be encouraged about. One out of four running backs is stepping up. QB play is poor.

Troubling aspects on two fronts...one this is not a physical team at this point. If LSU is their usual physical self, AU will have a bloody nose. Two...I am concerned about team chemistry....May be OK but I am concerned there may be issues....

IF AU is ready this week it will be a result of coaching overcoming a failure to perform by the team. We shall see.

Responses are interesting....The D should not be totally dependent upon one player...Mr. Lawson. To be so is a reflection on poor recruiting and poor coaching. If one player on defense makes this much difference it is a sad place to be.

Offense has shown little to be encouraged about. One out of four running backs is stepping up. QB play is poor.

Troubling aspects on two fronts...one this is not a physical team at this point. If LSU is their usual physical self, AU will have a bloody nose. Two...I am concerned about team chemistry....May be OK but I am concerned there may be issues....

IF AU is ready this week it will be a result of coaching overcoming a failure to perform by the team. We shall see.

First year of Muschamp. These aren't his players. Playing many freshman. We should all give the man and his guys some time to make the D work.

I expect the O-line and running backs to improve every game from here on out.

If AU plays well this week, it could really be for any number of reasons. It's Auburn - LSU.

I think what happened is 1000 threads talking about the exact same topic. Not pointed at you in particular, just a general observation. But then again, maybe we are waiting on the right thread to "click" and then we'll put all of our eggs in that basket lol

Bad week?

Bad week?

Lol. Been a little under the weather. Maybe it's giving me an attitude :dunno:

I did say it wasn't directed at the OP B)

Actually it is not, but when you take out the top 4 players you have a problem. I forgot to mention Countess out for most of the game (with a targeting foul). That is the starting DE, starting safety, starting corner, and starting DT (Russell) that either missed the entire game or most of it. The backup for Countess blew his knee out in the 1st quarter. Now fill in the gaps with freshmen right out of high school. Then add the fact that the defense is learning a new system... cluster.

The offense has no excuse. Just about every player has been in the system for a year +. They just stink at basic fundamentals at this point.

Archived