Rob Pate Nails it

Proud Tiger

cole, you were maybe 11 or 12 years old when rob pate played his last year at auburn. I don't see how you can possibly say he sucked.

Ok bro, first of all you need to be on my side at all times, if for some reason you're not you don't need to expose my age and whatnot.....It's either my side or you sit this one out....:)/> and can I not watch films of certain games????

ok, sorry

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cole, you were maybe 11 or 12 years old when rob pate played his last year at auburn. I don't see how you can possibly say he sucked.

cole has no clue wth he talks about most of the time. He just likes to stir the pot with some off the wall comment to get an argument going. Watch it....it's his MO.

Pate was about like etheridge, a decent safety that liked contact. NEVER wanted him covering somebody one on one. But to talk in that tone I think you at the least need to be a NFL player

Rob Pate was damn good safety he wasn't the fast guy on the team but he had nose for the ball and could tackle.Wish we had him playing now we would have better team with him.

You pretty much gave the scouting report of etheridge...like I said but I have a question if Matthews wasn't hurt do you think Pate starts? If so who does he start for? I say no way in hell

Matthews may turn out to be great I don't know ,let him play four years like Pate and we will see, right now he has only played one game.

Mathews will not play 4 years for AU. He played for UGA and started as a freshman. He was the highest rated recruit in UGA's class the year he was a freshman. He will only play this year and most likely next year for AU.

RP is a great writer and AU alum and former player. I don't understand why anyone here has to question his football resume. The article is right. The offense is the problem and so is JJ.

What's not clear is how much blame needs to be placed on the coaches for lack of development, bad play calling, and lack of preparation overall. Why hasn't a package of plays been developed for Jason Smith, why isn't the back-up QB ready to play, why hasn't JR gotten more playing time. Why is our offense moving so slow and JJ not running. And where is the offensive genius? I think this is what's churning in our stomachs

Back to the topic at hand...

I think Rob Pate nails it. At the end of the day, it's clear that we still aren't very deep at many positions on D so injuries are still hurting us more than they should, but it's the O that's really caused the problems the last few games. Both Louisville and JSU were able to get to JJ mentally. Couple that with the fact that we just couldn't execute some basic plays which resulted in way too many mistakes taking points off the board.

All in all, it's up to the O and JJ to really turn it around. The need to learn from this, put it behind them and charge forward on Saturday. They will be in a hostile environment, which will not make it any easier.

What's not clear is how much blame needs to be placed on the coaches for lack of development, bad play calling, and lack of preparation overall. Why hasn't a package of plays been developed for Jason Smith, why isn't the back-up QB ready to play, why hasn't JR gotten more playing time. Why is our offense moving so slow and JJ not running. And where is the offensive genius? I think this is what's churning in our stomachs

This has me very concerned. We did not seem very well prepared for several games last season and it has continued this season.

wde

Why does every thread have to end up being pissing contest? (i would say what I really mean but I am a gentleman) It's getting very old having to muddle through the crap to get some valid info

I respect RP for his playing time but I've read enough of his commentary over the years to take his views lightly. Most of the things I have seen...he's overly critical of players and coaches....and despite having played the game, seems to expect perfection where it's not going to be found.

That's what I was saying but of course you said it much more eloquently

Mighta been what you were thinking but isn't even close to what you were saying.

cole has no clue wth he talks about most of the time. He just likes to stir the pot with some off the wall comment to get an argument going. Watch it....it's his MO.

Do really want to bring political board here? Theoretically you really can't even cheer for this team...

I respect RP for his playing time but I've read enough of his commentary over the years to take his views lightly. Most of the things I have seen...he's overly critical of players and coaches....and despite having played the game, seems to expect perfection where it's not going to be found.

Mighta been what you were thinking but isn't even close to what you were saying.

Ok. Thanks for clearing up for me what I'm saying...

No like I said he's a better football player but that doesn't mean the better athlete. So no that doesn't mean I could do something similar. Now you put him on a basketball court it would be interesting to say the least....But the fact your mind can't comprehend it....yeah you just sit back and eat your chips and be quiet because apparently you never competed at a high enough level to fathom. But I'm not you

Are you sure about all that?

https://books.google.com/books?id=lEtlAgAAQBAJ&pg=PT30&lpg=PT30&dq=rob+pate+high+school+basketball&source=bl&ots=2rFgN_CIKO&sig=x8BocU4c0LRdnjI_NPLRZAI4mOQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CCsQ6AEwBWoVChMIpbqz0Nn5xwIVBSYeCh2CjwFr#v=onepage&q=rob%20pate%20high%20school%20basketball&f=false

Lol. Yeah I'm absolutely positive.

Why do you think there is something wrong with this team? Because of two tough wins? Those kids pulled it together last week and won, it should not have been close but JSU was not a run of the mill FCS team. We thought we could roll the helmet out and win, but found out the hard way that was not gonna happen. As for Louisville - that game was well in hand, the change to that mobile QB caught AU off guard but AU did what was needed to win. What I see is a talented but young team. They are still growing together, and learning to play together specifically on the OLINE...as for JJ, this stage may prove to be too big for him, hopefully he settles down this weekend and plays like he know he can.

I have to admit, I lol'ed.

Why do you think there is something wrong with this team? Because of two tough wins? Those kids pulled it together last week and won, it should not have been close but JSU was not a run of the mill FCS team. We thought we could roll the helmet out and win, but found out the hard way that was not gonna happen. As for Louisville - that game was well in hand, the change to that mobile QB caught AU off guard but AU did what was needed to win. What I see is a talented but young team. They are still growing together, and learning to play together specifically on the OLINE...as for JJ, this stage may prove to be too big for him, hopefully he settles down this weekend and plays like he know he can.

I have to admit, I lol'ed.

with or at ?

Hey, it's a message board. If you can't get your thoughts through the keyboard and onto other people's screens in some semblance of how you were thinking them then you are useless to us all. Perhaps with some more practice....

No like I said he's a better football player but that doesn't mean the better athlete. So no that doesn't mean I could do something similar. Now you put him on a basketball court it would be interesting to say the least....But the fact your mind can't comprehend it....yeah you just sit back and eat your chips and be quiet because apparently you never competed at a high enough level to fathom. But I'm not you

https://books.google.com/books?id=lEtlAgAAQBAJ&pg=PT30&lpg=PT30&dq=rob+pate+high+school+basketball&source=bl&ots=2rFgN_CIKO&sig=x8BocU4c0LRdnjI_NPLRZAI4mOQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CCsQ6AEwBWoVChMIpbqz0Nn5xwIVBSYeCh2CjwFr#v=onepage&q=rob%20pate%20high%20school%20basketball&f=false

Where did you play division 1 basketball?

Hey, it's a message board. If you can't get your thoughts through the keyboard and onto other people's screens in some semblance of how you were thinking them then you are useless to us all. Perhaps with some more practice....

No I was being sarcastic, that's exactly what I was saying, but if you can't comprehend guess what? I REALLY could care less. Like seriously, I promise. If you wanted to say something every post, I wouldn't care. I'd laugh. I guess what's funny I'd you think you are useful to us all here?

Where did you play division 1 basketball?

I didn't. I had scholarships offers from some D2 schools but I chose to take an engineering scholarship and go to Auburn instead. Why you ask?

Meh. I melted hard Saturday. Sunday morning was all good again.

We should have beaten them easily. We didn't. They played well. We didn't.

Our guys were not ready to play. It may be because that they were looking ahead to LSU.

We may not be as good as we thought we were going to be. The injury bug has hit us hard and there are certain positions we don't have much depth at all.

I still like our chances against LSU. Call me crazy. I have been called much worse.

Meh. I melted hard Saturday. Sunday morning was all good again.

We should have beaten them easily. We didn't. They played well. We didn't.

Our guys were not ready to play. It may be because that they were looking ahead to LSU.

We may not be as good as we thought we were going to be. The injury bug has hit us hard and their are certain positions we don't have much depth at all.

I still like our chances against LSU. Call me crazy. I have been called much worse.

I like this post

We need to be talking about what needs to be fixed after a lsu loss.

Not after two wins.

Tells you where this over rated and over paid staff has us.

Cool the jets. While I share your concerns about the staff, I will wait until after the LSU game to throw any more dirt on them if we were to wet the bed.

wde

Archived