Peyton Barber named the starter at RB!

SCBusPilot

Barber has definitely earned the starting job no question. Hopefully, our coaching staff will make the correct decision about who will come off of the bench to give him a breather.

wde

Roc has the talent but you cant rely on him, he had 2 fumbles last year on around 30-40 carries and one last week that easily should of cost us the game, I'm a huge roc fan you can see his big play ability. Barber has just been the more reliable back and right now thats what this offense needs.

Tre Mason had 8 fumbles in his two years at AU.....by and large it's not how many fumbles a player has...but more about when and where they occur.

JMO but quite a bit early to label Roc as a "fumbler".

I like getting Roc in space via the passing game.

That makes sense. He's about as much a 'tween the tackles guy as OMac.

I had just as soon see Thomas on the bench for the rest of the year....holding on the football is a must, because with Johnson throwing picks the way he does, we don't need any extra, non-quarterback turnovers.....if they continue doing this, I feel the same way about Johnson as I do Thomas....step up or sit down

That one fumble really tore you up huh?

i was wondering if there has been more fumbles i missed.

Can't remember which game, but Roc had a crucial fumble late in a game last season.

Roc hasn't fumbled any more than Ricardo Louis and nobody is saying he shouldn't play. Ricardo had a fumble in the JS game by getting in a shoving match and exposed the football.....that is a stupid move and could have resulted in a turnover. Lukily he was near the sideline and the ball went of bounds.

I really hope Malzahn has some plays drawn up to get Roc in space other than a wheel route so he can make some big plays while Barber crushes it between the tackles.

I like getting Roc in space via the passing game.

I agree.

wde

+1

Roc has the talent but you cant rely on him, he had 2 fumbles last year on around 30-40 carries and one last week that easily should of cost us the game, I'm a huge roc fan you can see his big play ability. Barber has just been the more reliable back and right now thats what this offense needs.

Tre Mason had 8 fumbles in his two years at AU.....by and large it's not how many fumbles a player has...but more about when and where they occur.

JMO but quite a bit early to label Roc as a "fumbler".

oh i agree, i wouldnt label him a fumbler either and its all about when they happen like you said. i was excited to when he was named the started because of his big play possiblity. but as we all know the offense has been slow the past two games and roc might be the one who suffers most from it.

I sincerely hope and pray that Peyton is the 'spark' needed to get this offense clicking this coming weekend. His effort and determination since he has been at Auburn has been through the roof.

We have all been faithful Auburn fans for a very long time, and we have all seen that particular magic develop within previously unheralded players. Here's to hoping that happens again on the road at LSU this coming Saturday afternoon. War Eagle Peyton, and BEAT LSU!!

AUsome! should have been announced after game 1, but after game 2 is better than after game 4. PB has been the rock on which this team has won the past 2 games. He deserves it.

As for RT. He reminds me of Reggie Bush, great slot receiver, great in open space and one on one, but not built for running between the tackles. I think there is plenty of space for RT on the team and in the back field, just not as the primary back. has nothing to do with his fumbles. He will be just fine once the position and plays are carved out for him that showcase his talents.

IIRC, Roc's other high profile fumble was in the Mrs. State game last year, where we got our first good look at him, and a play or two after a silly spin move that had an MSU defender in knots. If those are his only three fumbles, its beyond unfortunate that they all came in a way that is so hard to forget.

IIRC, Roc's other high profile fumble was in the Mrs. State game last year, where we got our first good look at him, and a play or two after a silly spin move that had an MSU defender in knots. If those are his only three fumbles, its beyond unfortunate that they all came in a way that is so hard to forget.

I don't remember if he fumbled at Ms State but he did fumble in the san Jose ST game after the game was well in hand.

Archived