We find out about our team on Saturday

cason

We are super young! This team will experience "growing pains" this whole season. It's natural with this type of youth in the SEC West.

On D, yep I agree. As a matter of fact, we were playing the 4th quarter and OT last week with a bunch of freshmen because of injuries.

On O - not so young really...

It's funny reading all of the sky is falling comments. Before the season started we knew that we had inexperience at QB. A new O-Line and no depth on D. Well now everyone acts like Gus is a terrible coach because what we knew is a reality. I think many are victims of wearing Orange and Blue glasses. I really think we are a lot closer than many think. We didnt play last week against a small school. More than likely we just looked past them. That isn't anything new in college football. JJ for sure needs to play better and I'm sure they are working on that. The Def. needs to get healthy Gus can't control that. I don't know if we will win this week or not but I'll bet we put a lot better product on the field.

Well, this says more about the opportunity we blew last year, unfortunately.

I do think we can turn it around and have a 9-4/10-3 season. It will take A LOT of improvement, to be sure, but it's possible.

We are super young! This team will experience "growing pains" this whole season. It's natural with this type of youth in the SEC West.

On D, yep I agree. As a matter of fact, we were playing the 4th quarter and OT last week with a bunch of freshmen because of injuries.

On O - not so young really...

I should've clarified. Youth and inexperienced are one and the same essentially in my eyes. On O we are inexperienced at QB and RB and the WRs truly have not gotten that much work in the past 2 years due to our shortcomings in the pass game (I would love that type of efficiency right about now though). We only have 1 guy who is used to catching passes past the line of scrimmage in Duke. Everyone else has limited work and/or used in particular roles. It feels like Ricardo has caught more forward passes this year than his previous 3 seasons combined lol. I also think the OL isn't as strong as it should be. We have an issue at left tackle and left guard. Our Center is learning how to play the position on the fly, and RG is inexperienced as well. Avery Young is basically the only experienced guy.

I know I am going to get blasted for this. But I am beginning to see a pattern and it is alarming. The pattern is players who are not disciplined and a coach who refuses to own up to his failure and his players failures. This has seem to lead to a farther bleeding

I am hoping to the utmost I am wrong, but I think Gus cannot handle kids. Gus has yet to show any remorse for a flat uninspired team that showed up last Saturday, but mad excuses and talked of growing pains...... I have lost all confidence in his ability to coach.

Kool user name bro

I am glad you are settled with "growing pains and super young, and etc" to explain what happened against JSU and the attitude of that team on that field. And the mouth of Rudy saying that a Heisman candidate would be no problem to defend at home against a team we have not won against there in 4000 years, and a Coach who makes excuses and never looks like he cares?????

I know I am going to get blasted for this. But I am beginning to see a pattern and it is alarming. The pattern is players who are not disciplined and a coach who refuses to own up to his failure and his players failures. This has seem to lead to a farther bleeding.

I am hoping to the utmost I am wrong, but I think Gus cannot handle kids. Gus has yet to show any remorse for a flat uninspired team that showed up last Saturday, but mad excuses and talked of growing pains...... I have lost all confidence in his ability to coach.

Going to be watching this account for troll like patterns.

I refuse to freak out about the team.

This is similar talent and similar coaches to the team that nearly lost to Kentucky, needed overtime to beat Clemson, and went down 24 points to Alabama on the road. How did that end, by the way?

I think it is possible JJ has the same "-itis" that- was it Damon Duval?- had. We are upset, not because he hasn't lived up to expectations, but because he hasn't been matching prior performance. I'm certain that, whether it is an eye exam or a chat with the team counselor, the coaches are addressing the issue.

I also think Gus hasn't opened up the playbook yet. And I think they game planned not to open up the playbook the last 2 games. And it has hurt the team's performance. I was included in some email chains where the Turds tried to explain 2009 vs VT as playing "vanilla." I LMAO then. And I won't use that excuse for our team now. But, I do expect more exotic routes, more backfield misdirection, and more N-S running by JJ in the future. JJ said in the offseason we would be running more of a Cam Newton era playbook. Perhaps he will be in more of a rhythm when that happens.

I will say "shame on the coaches" for one thing. I went to the Chick Fil A game. We were up by more than a touchdown with less than 7 minutes in the game. And we were throwing on 2nd and 3rd downs. Gotta put the nail in the coffin when the hammer is in your hand. Our coaches are better than a lot of the play calling we have been seeing to this point.

I also blame myself to a degree. Last week's fiasco was mostly my fault. I was traveling and did not wear my usual game day shirt. I will not allow that to happen again. WDE.

Every person on this board thought it was a foregone conclusion Auburn would easily beat JSU. The players are human. Apparently they thought the same. I imagine very little practice and film watching was devoted to JSU leading up to the game. Instead it was lsu getting the attention. I will be surprised if Auburn does not play well on Saturday.

Don't forget lsu is not far removed personnel wise from the team Auburn undressed last year. Their qb play is weaker than Auburn's. He will be making his 3rd career start Saturday. And they are breaking in a new defensive coordinator just as Auburn is.

I am glad you are settled with "growing pains and super young, and etc" to explain what happened against JSU and the attitude of that team on that field. And the mouth of Rudy saying that a Heisman candidate would be no problem to defend at home against a team we have not won against there in 4000 years, and a Coach who makes excuses and never looks like he cares?????

I was speaking more about the big picture for the whole season. However, this team is clearly not playing well and the JSU performance is inexcusable when comparing rosters.

As far as the trash talk...not advisable but one of their players threw some smack back at our QB as well. So I don't think its a big deal.

We find out about our coaching staff on Saturday. Being unprepared for a third week in a row is unacceptable.

Wait, is this a contest thread?

To see who can make the most hyperbolic, negative statement, based on nothing more than unqualified observation?

If so, this one above has to be Top 5!

We find out about our coaching staff on Saturday. Being unprepared for a third week in a row is unacceptable.

Wait, is this a contest thread?

To see who can make the most hyperbolic, negative statement, based on nothing more than unqualified observation?

If so, this one above has to be Top 5!

No, murpjf88 has a valid concern.

Been a member here since 2009... Sorry, I ruffled your feathers. Just calling it like I see it. Rednilla can speak for me.

Archived