09 16 15 Notes

RunInRed

Rhett Lashlee

Lashlee: Guys have been really focused this week.

Lashlee on explosive plays: "That's been our issue these first 2 games" ... Says it's probably the worst two-game total since he's been here

Rhett: "We really believe in Jeremy. He's going to be a great player." Notes JJ made a lot of great plays against Jax State

Rhett said Jovon Robinson is having a good week of practice, "and that's a positive sign"

Avery Young is expected to play, according to Lashlee

Rhett: "QBs are going to make a couple poor decisions a game. Sometimes you get away with is, (Jeremy) isn't getting away with it"

Lashlee said he hasn't spoken to Duke Williams about playing back home in Louisiana this week. Isn't sure if Dameyune Craig has, either

Lashlee: "(LSU's) linebackers could arguably be the best linebacking corps in the league"

Carl Lawson still moving around on crutches, but he just walked up a set of stairs at the athletic complex pretty normally w/out using them

@AUBlog

OC Rhett Lashlee one of Jeremy Johnson's INT was a poor decision, usually QBs have couple a game, teams are taking advantage

Lashlee when system is successful, everyone is more successful, response to wanting to get Duke Williams more involved

Lashlee learned a lot about every guy on the team first two weeks, "really good plan" to move forward

Lashlee LSU corners really talented, good size, safeties can cover ground, physical

@wareagleextra

Lashlee says LT Shon Coleman is leading the offensive line in knockdowns through two gams.

@RyanABlack

Auburn offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee says "we've got to run the ball more effectively… that will help everything."

Auburn's Rhett Lashlee on RB Peyton Barber: "He's shown great toughness, he's shown he wants to win. I have a lot of confidence in Peyton."

Auburn offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee: "We're 2-0. There's not one goal we can't reach."

@AUGoldMine

"Lashlee says LT Shon Coleman is leading the offensive line in knockdowns through two games."

May also lead the country in holds...are holds and knockdowns the same thing :dunno:

Does anyone feel like the coaches are reading this forum? If we complain about a player holding, they come out and say he leads the team in something. If we complain about a qb not going through progressions, they force the issue that a certain play was the 4th read (2 weeks in a row I've heard this). If we complain about a RB not playing, we are told he is hoping to be back soon and having a good week of practice. . It seems they respond almost directly to this board. Are they reading this board or are the problems so obvious they just have to address them? I'm only halfway serious...

"Lashlee says LT Shon Coleman is leading the offensive line in knockdowns through two games."

May also lead the country in holds...are holds and knockdowns the same thing :dunno:/>

Does anyone feel like the coaches are reading this forum? If we complain about a player holding, they come out and say he leads the team in something. If we complain about a qb not going through progressions, they force the issue that a certain play was the 4th read (2 weeks in a row I've heard this). If we complain about a RB not playing, we are told he is hoping to be back soon and having a good week of practice. . It seems they respond almost directly to this board. Are they reading this board or are the problems so obvious they just have to address them? I'm only halfway serious...

Holds are pull downs.

May also lead the country in holds...are holds and knockdowns the same thing :dunno:/>

Pretty sure Braden is tied with him. Also I guess it would be the reporters are listening to the board maybe? Philip are you here?

Depending on what happens against LSU, if push comes to shove with Jeremy I just hope Gus realizes his loyalty is to AUBURN, not Jeremy. I hope the kid comes around but I have my doubts. We will know the answer this weekend.

I thought Carl would be back for this game. Doesn't sound like it does it? Huge. I'm all about JJ still being the man but these coaches canned lines about JJ now sound like a board of directors giving votes of confidence before firing a CEO.

I thought Carl would be back for this game. Doesn't sound like it does it? Huge. I'm all about JJ still being the man but these coaches canned lines about JJ now sound like a board of directors giving votes of confidence before firing a CEO.

Yep...and it would be nice to hear at least one of the coaches say something like...." we are expecting more out of Jeremy than he's shown so far"...."he knows that his decision making has to improve". That's pointed enough IMO.

You guys are funny...amazing how coaches comments are scrutinized...They watch film ..does anyone here know for sure how many holding plays Coleman has had? Does not mean he has not led the team in knockdows.....one thing I agree with the running game has to get better, from there everything will open up

Yep...and it would be nice to hear at least one of the coaches say something like...." we are expecting more out of Jeremy than he's shown so far"...."he knows that his decision making has to improve". That's pointed enough IMO.

Why do we need them to say that? Do you really think that they're not expecting more out of JJ? Do you honestly think JJ doesn't know that his decision making has to improve? Why should they need to state the obvious?

If you're suggesting that they need to openly state or imply that JJ's job is in jeopardy, then I have to wonder if you know how psychology works in sports. You make a guy worry about his job security when he is loafing or having discipline issues. Its a way of motivating guys who can't seem to motivate themselves. In a case where a guy is dealing with confidence or nerves, the LAST thing you want to do is give him something else to worry about. I think the difference for JJ now vs in the past is that now he has the added pressure of being the starter, which was compounded by all the preseason hype. I think he's trying too hard to meet the perceived expectations and has been forcing a lot of throws that he didn't need to make. I'm not saying that the coaches shouldn't pull him if his play doesn't improve, but warning him in advance is only going to make it harder for him to overcome the pressure he's under and get back to playing at his potential.

Why do we need them to say that? Do you really think that they're not expecting more out of JJ? Do you honestly think JJ doesn't know that his decision making has to improve? Why should they need to state the obvious?

If you're suggesting that they need to openly state or imply that JJ's job is in jeopardy, then I have to wonder if you know how psychology works in sports. You make a guy worry about his job security when he is loafing or having discipline issues. Its a way of motivating guys who can't seem to motivate themselves. In a case where a guy is dealing with confidence or nerves, the LAST thing you want to do is give him something else to worry about. I think the difference for JJ now vs in the past is that now he has the added pressure of being the starter, which was compounded by all the preseason hype. I think he's trying too hard to meet the perceived expectations and has been forcing a lot of throws that he didn't need to make. I'm not saying that the coaches shouldn't pull him if his play doesn't improve, but warning him in advance is only going to make it harder for him to overcome the pressure he's under and get back to playing at his potential.

This. And they have said and he has said he needs to play better

This. And they have said and he has said he needs to play better

This

The worst part of the comments are about Lawson. The word last week was that he could have played but they decided to hold him out. Now we hear that he is still on a crutch, yet was able to walk up stairs without them?

Sorry, but this does not sound like a guy that's anywhere in shape to play an SEC opponent in 2 days.

You build up in the public light, you deconstruct and rebuild privately. Nothing comes from dragging him through the mud publicly. Trust me, it's not a secret to him he needs to do better.

You build up in the public light, you deconstruct and rebuild privately. Nothing comes from dragging him through the mud publicly. Trust me, it's not a secret to him he needs to do better.

So that means that everyone was just kidding when they ragged Chiz unmercifully week after week when he reported that his team was having good practices and working hard for their upcoming games. ? :-\ Boy those comments from people on this board sounded really serious....complaining about coach-speak and stuff like that. Guess I did not understand what folks meant.....Sorry....

So that means that everyone was just kidding when they ragged Chiz unmercifully week after week when he reported that his team was having good practices and working hard for their upcoming games. ? :-\ Boy those comments from people on this board sounded really serious....complaining about coach-speak and stuff like that. Guess I did not understand what folks meant.....Sorry....

I fail to see how Malzahn saying that JJ made some bad decisions but he is still their QB and they're working on it is in any way similar to the dumpster fire that was Chizik '12.

The worst part of the comments are about Lawson. The word last week was that he could have played but they decided to hold him out. Now we hear that he is still on a crutch, yet was able to walk up stairs without them?

Sorry, but this does not sound like a guy that's anywhere in shape to play an SEC opponent in 2 days.

Absolutely correct. In fact I would imagine it will be 2 weeks after he gets off crutches.

According to Carl's dad in an interview with 247sports the hip flexor does not bother Carl at all when he's playing. The only time the injury bothers him is when he is standing still. No pain at all when going full speed. He was held out last week because the best way to heal a hip flexor is to absolutely not use the muscle at all (therefore the crutch). He also stated that Carl could've played last week if the coaches called upon him.

I'll be very surprised if we don't see him on Saturday.

According to Carl's dad in an interview with 247sports the hip flexor does not bother Carl at all when he's playing. The only time the injury bothers him is when he is standing still. No pain at all when going full speed. He was held out last week because the best way to heal a hip flexor is to absolutely not use the muscle at all (therefore the crutch). He also stated that Carl could've played last week if the coaches called upon him.

I'll be very surprised if we don't see him on Saturday.

Not being a smart a**, but for ever 5 seconds of actual playtime, there is close to 45 seconds of not playing or waiting/standing. Also, if the coaches were watching the same cluster I watched last week, they should have called on him at half time. Doesn't make sense to me. I perceive the crutches as something that helps him heal quicker by keeping weight or movement to a minimum.

Hope he plays.

Archived