09 16 15 Notes

RunInRed

According to Carl's dad in an interview with 247sports the hip flexor does not bother Carl at all when he's playing. The only time the injury bothers him is when he is standing still. No pain at all when going full speed. He was held out last week because the best way to heal a hip flexor is to absolutely not use the muscle at all (therefore the crutch). He also stated that Carl could've played last week if the coaches called upon him.

I'll be very surprised if we don't see him on Saturday.

not a doc obv, but that doesn't make much sense to me.

I thought Carl would be back for this game. Doesn't sound like it does it? Huge. I'm all about JJ still being the man but these coaches canned lines about JJ now sound like a board of directors giving votes of confidence before firing a CEO.

Yep...and it would be nice to hear at least one of the coaches say something like...." we are expecting more out of Jeremy than he's shown so far"...."he knows that his decision making has to improve". That's pointed enough IMO.

You build up in the public light, you deconstruct and rebuild privately. Nothing comes from dragging him through the mud publicly. Trust me, it's not a secret to him he needs to do better.

So that means that everyone was just kidding when they ragged Chiz unmercifully week after week when he reported that his team was having good practices and working hard for their upcoming games. ? :-\ Boy those comments from people on this board sounded really serious....complaining about coach-speak and stuff like that. Guess I did not understand what folks meant.....Sorry....

I fail to see how Malzahn saying that JJ made some bad decisions but he is still their QB and they're working on it is in any way similar to the dumpster fire that was Chizik '12.

By JOHN ZENOR - AP Sports Writer

AUBURN, Ala. -- Auburn coach Gene Chizik delivered two messages Tuesday: He’s standing by quarterback Barrett Trotter, and there’s plenty of offensive blame to go around.

Trotter will remain the starter for the 24th-ranked Tigers and their sputtering offense Saturday night when Florida visits, Chizik said. The laundry list of things the coach would like to see improve certainly includes Trotter but it doesn’t stop there.

“Let me be clear on this: The receivers have got to catch the ball, the running backs and the offensive line have got to protect,” Chizik said. “It’s a team game. I expect him to play well but I expect everyone else around him to play well with him.

“Barrett is our quarterback today and he is our quarterback Saturday.”

Read more here: http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/sports/college/sec/auburn-university/war-eagle-extra/article29204203.html#storylink=cpy

I thought Carl would be back for this game. Doesn't sound like it does it? Huge. I'm all about JJ still being the man but these coaches canned lines about JJ now sound like a board of directors giving votes of confidence before firing a CEO.

Yep...and it would be nice to hear at least one of the coaches say something like...." we are expecting more out of Jeremy than he's shown so far"...."he knows that his decision making has to improve". That's pointed enough IMO.

You build up in the public light, you deconstruct and rebuild privately. Nothing comes from dragging him through the mud publicly. Trust me, it's not a secret to him he needs to do better.

So that means that everyone was just kidding when they ragged Chiz unmercifully week after week when he reported that his team was having good practices and working hard for their upcoming games. ? :-\ Boy those comments from people on this board sounded really serious....complaining about coach-speak and stuff like that. Guess I did not understand what folks meant.....Sorry....

I fail to see how Malzahn saying that JJ made some bad decisions but he is still their QB and they're working on it is in any way similar to the dumpster fire that was Chizik '12.

By JOHN ZENOR - AP Sports Writer

AUBURN, Ala. -- Auburn coach Gene Chizik delivered two messages Tuesday: He’s standing by quarterback Barrett Trotter, and there’s plenty of offensive blame to go around.

Trotter will remain the starter for the 24th-ranked Tigers and their sputtering offense Saturday night when Florida visits, Chizik said. The laundry list of things the coach would like to see improve certainly includes Trotter but it doesn’t stop there.

“Let me be clear on this: The receivers have got to catch the ball, the running backs and the offensive line have got to protect,” Chizik said. “It’s a team game. I expect him to play well but I expect everyone else around him to play well with him.

“Barrett is our quarterback today and he is our quarterback Saturday.”

Read more here: http://www.ledger-en...l#storylink=cpy

All that proves is that coaches will talk positive about everything, but it is still a mystery as to what they really feel is...

According to Carl's dad in an interview with 247sports the hip flexor does not bother Carl at all when he's playing. The only time the injury bothers him is when he is standing still. No pain at all when going full speed. He was held out last week because the best way to heal a hip flexor is to absolutely not use the muscle at all (therefore the crutch). He also stated that Carl could've played last week if the coaches called upon him.

I'll be very surprised if we don't see him on Saturday.

not a doc obv, but that doesn't make much sense to me.

It makes sense to me, because I've experienced injuries where it felt better moving then standing still. That being said, going into battle won't help him get 100% healed,

I was just saying that coaches will never say the QB sux

I don't think they should. Nothing good comes from public humiliation by a coach. Only outcome is to bring the player down. You can berate, etc., behind closed doors all you want, but public you defend.

Kinda like the old mantra "I can be as mean as I wanna be to my sister. You be mean to her and I'll knock your teeth out."

Carl not playing does change the outlook of this game drastically. At this point, all we have left is faith and beliefs.

Excellent football analysis

Carl not playing does change the outlook of this game drastically. At this point, all we have left is faith and beliefs.

About as excellent as the other hundreds of posters that post their opinions here on a day to day basis.

About as excellent as the other hundreds of posters that post their opinions here on a day to day basis.

Actually you're right, it is. I misread your first post. I thought you said Lawson playing doesn't change the game. That would have been a pretty not smart thing to say imo. But that's not what you said at all, I apologize

Actually you're right, it is. I misread your first post. I thought you said Lawson playing doesn't change the game. That would have been a pretty not smart thing to say imo. But that's not what you said at all, I apologize

Alright then

JJ must learn to run the ball without fear. If he cannot get "Trucked" a few times and play, He may not the guy for this system.

JJ must learn to run the ball without fear. If he cannot get "Trucked" a few times and play, He may not the guy for this system.

My pops always said truck or get trucked in football. Jeremy has the size to be the truck not the target.

We will miss Carl Lawson, that's certain. But we have one of the best defensive minds in college football roaming our sidelines an a whole lot of 4 and 5 star talent on the d side. It'll hurt not having the best pass rusher in all the land but I BELIEVE LSU's strength is running the ball?? So I believe our d tackles and linebackers and their play is vital to leading us to a victory. JMHO. War Eagle!

Archived