All the Righties read please...

DKW 86

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2015/09/17/mcconnell-amendment-demanding-us-hostage-release-from-iran-rejected-by-dems-n2053481

This is why you have to read everything in detail to find out what the real truth is all about.

Headline:

Dems Reject McConnell Amendment Demanding US Hostage Release from Iran

:realmad: :realmad: :realmad: Those dastardly Dems are turning their backs on those hostages. How can anyone support them doing this!!!!!!!!!! :realmad: :realmad: :realmad:

Only...they arent. From the article:

Senators voted 53-45 on an amendment from Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) that would have prevented President Obama from lifting sanctions on Iran until the country releases American prisoners and publicly recognizes Israel's right to exist. Sixty votes were needed to move forward.

Folks, the second part of the amendment, however much you and i want it to be, is a political poison pill. it is a deal breaker.

You might not want the Iranian Deal to go thru, I am extremely skeptical of it myself, BUT---This amendment was really a silly try. The Iranians arent going to sign onto anything that says Israel has a right to exist. So, NO, the amendment was voted down, because it never had a snowball's chance of passing.

Look, i know it is all just politics at this point, but if you are going to write a story about the amendment failing, tell the folks reading it the truth. This amendment never had a chance of passage in the first place.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2015/09/17/mcconnell-amendment-demanding-us-hostage-release-from-iran-rejected-by-dems-n2053481

This is why you have to read everything in detail to find out what the real truth is all about.

Headline:

Dems Reject McConnell Amendment Demanding US Hostage Release from Iran

:realmad:/> :realmad:/> :realmad:/> Those dastardly Dems are turning their backs on those hostages. How can anyone support them doing this!!!!!!!!!! :realmad:/> :realmad:/> :realmad:/>

Only...they arent. From the article:

Senators voted 53-45 on an amendment from Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) that would have prevented President Obama from lifting sanctions on Iran until the country releases American prisoners and publicly recognizes Israel's right to exist. Sixty votes were needed to move forward.

Folks, the second part of the amendment, however much you and i want it to be, is a political poison pill. it is a deal breaker.

You might not want the Iranian Deal to go thru, I am extremely skeptical of it myself, BUT---This amendment was really a silly try. The Iranians arent going to sign onto anything that says Israel has a right to exist. So, NO, the amendment was voted down, because it never had a snowball's chance of passing.

Look, i know it is all just politics at this point, but if you are going to write a story about the amendment failing, tell the folks reading it the truth. This amendment never had a chance of passage in the first place.

There is a reason behind this. This was put in place to put the Democrats in s bad spot politically.. Now why is that? Its because these same Democrats, who voted and demanded to have a say on the Iran nuke deal, have backed Harry Reid on his filibuster to prevent a vote they claim they wanted.

Archived