INJURY updates...who is really in the "know"?

TigerfanKM

He's losing money as far as he hasn't been able to show what he can do. If he missed two or three games and came back and tore it up he didn't lose anything. Dee Ford was injury prone and he didn't lose anything either

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It gets worse....

War Eagle (@WDE_Auburn) tweeted at 5:25pm - 18 Sep 15:

Reports are Carl Lawson did not travel to Baton Rouge, and could be out until November. Big blow to the defense if this is indeed the case. (

)

Yep... Once I heard it was a hip flexor, I knew he'd be out a while. It's a nagging injury. Could take a week, or could take a month.

I hate to say this, but Carl is losing a lot of NFL money by missing these games. I know he can't help it and I feel for him. He is truly a blue chipper, but his draft stock will drop even when he's back playing because he will be labeled "injury prone". Here's hoping for a speedy recovery. I still think we can and do have a good defense even without him.

eh, todd gurley is "injury prone" and he did alright. i think Lawson will be fine.

And he still hasn't played a down. The Rams are feeling it too... was a mistake taking him so high. Especially with Stacey gone and Mason out.

I hate to say this, but Carl is losing a lot of NFL money by missing these games. I know he can't help it and I feel for him. He is truly a blue chipper, but his draft stock will drop even when he's back playing because he will be labeled "injury prone". Here's hoping for a speedy recovery. I still think we can and do have a good defense even without him.

eh, todd gurley is "injury prone" and he did alright. i think Lawson will be fine.

And he still hasn't played a down. The Rams are feeling it too... was a mistake taking him so high. Especially with Stacey gone and Mason out.

They did ok last week. Just sayin

They did ok last week. Just sayin

Stout D... Just sayin

Dee Ford didn't lose money because he was able to play a full season. If he didn't gave that full year, he wouldn't have sniffed the first round.

Dee Ford didn't lose money because he was able to play a full season. If he didn't gave that full year, he wouldn't have sniffed the first round.

A fair observation.

Looks as though the title of this thread has been answered. It's a resounding no one. Appears coaches aren't telling the truth about injuries to anyone anymore. It seems the only way a coach can tell the truth about an injury is if a guy really is day to day, and then it's more a coincidence than than telling the truth. I guess there's a reason for this, but who knows what it is? I'm guessing no one again.

Looks as though the title of this thread has been answered. It's a resounding no one. Appears coaches aren't telling the truth about injuries to anyone anymore. It seems the only way a coach can tell the truth about an injury is if a guy really is day to day, and then it's more a coincidence than than telling the truth. I guess there's a reason for this, but who knows what it is? I'm guessing no one again.

I don't see the point in revealing who will play or not play in a game like this. Anyone who presses for an answer to a question like that deserves to be misled. For years the NFL coaches lied about the status of their players until the gamblers forced the league to make a rule on the matter.

As for colleges....if there is no NCAA or SEC requirement to divulge injuries and player availability....my view is that the coaches should keep 'em guess and sew disinformation anytime they have the chance.

There are a few people who know. However, it is against the law to disclose a person's medical information without their consent. The coaching staff doesn't convey the injury so it leads to rampant speculation and in some cases all out misinformation. There is literally nothing to update. Everyone who made the trip is expected to play, even Matthews (again there has been some debate on him). As for Lawson, it continues to be day-to-day until the staff decides to update the info.

You may remember that Carl had an acl tear last year, released the information and the staff continued to say it wasn't an acl until they were literally forced to. His own dad called it a bone bruise and there was carnage on the web about it against those that said otherwise. Those that know what is going on have to be incredibly careful about details. However, I think if one were to look carefully and without jumping to conclusions, that information has been as accurate as possible.

I was about to bring up the fact that coaches cannot talk about specifics of an injury unless the information is released by the player. The Lawsons have been fairly tight lipped in the past and rightfully so. It is what it is, whatever it is, and I wish Carl the best and a fast recovery. WDE!!!

If you look at Carl Lawson, you see a picture of a dominating young man that could give Hercules a good fight. Is there anything in the way he plays that puts him in a position to be injured whereas some players go through their entire college career without nothing more than a bruise or cut.

Is his all-out, no holds barred style of play one that is far more conducive to having multiple serious injuries than otherwise?

I have hoped for years that college football would issue injury reports weekly as the NFL does. I thought HIPPA only applied to health care providers? I love Gus but he has proven to be less than forthcoming about injury status of players which leads to endless speculation.

If you look at Carl Lawson, you see a picture of a dominating young man that could give Hercules a good fight. Is there anything in the way he plays that puts him in a position to be injured whereas some players go through their entire college career without nothing more than a bruise or cut.

Is his all-out, no holds barred style of play one that is far more conducive to having multiple serious injuries than otherwise?

I've wondered about this myself. He has fine tuned himself to the extreme. Then he plays at 110% effort every play. I do see how that could possibly make injury a slightly higher possibility.

Kind of like Bo Jackson, although he didn't spend nearly as much time in the weight room. He was such a super athlete that there was speculation some of his injuries came from simply over exerting himself.

This has to be the biggest newsworthy item to in all of big time college football of which is injuries. The other biggest newsworthy item is whether or not CL plays today. Like I have said as well as many of you; if CL comes out of the tunnel in full battle gear, there will be a lot of "oh no's" from LSU throughout the stadium. What would be wonderful would be to see CL living in the LSU backfield all day with nothing LSU can do to stop him.

This has to be the biggest newsworthy item to in all of big time college football of which is injuries. The other biggest newsworthy item is whether or not CL plays today. Like I have said as well as many of you; if CL comes out of the tunnel in full battle gear, there will be a lot of "oh no's" from LSU throughout the stadium. What would be wonderful would be to see CL living in the LSU backfield all day with nothing LSU can do to stop him.

This....I can't believe ESPN said he was "probable." I told my wife that it's been said he didn't even make the trip. Maybe ESPN is just saying that based on Muschamp's comments from earlier in the week?

This....I can't believe ESPN said he was "probable." I told my wife that it's been said he didn't even make the trip. Maybe ESPN is just saying that based on Muschamp's comments from earlier in the week?

These guys just yap and have never been big on facts.

New week - New Day

Does anyone have a current tally going into week 4 ???

Exception perhaps any Lawson reports - which seem to me at least - to be beyond the scope of doctors (and man) to know at this point. (ie. so how many day's have i got left doc)?

Getting Justin Garrett back is another critical need. He gave us consistent, strong LB play in the opener. There's been no news on him since he went out early against Jax St.

I can say this: Reports of a hip fracture are not entirely correct. He has had imaging studies that are inconclusive. I think we are waiting to hear what the final word will be. So literally nothing new to report.

I think everyone else is pretty healthy.

Ps the team doctor does not have a nephew/niece so...I'm not sure what to make of reports that are supposedly accurate on other sites that claim these kinds of things.

I can say this: Reports of a hip fracture are not entirely correct. He has had imaging studies that are inconclusive. I think we are waiting to hear what the final word will be. So literally nothing new to report.

I think everyone else is pretty healthy.

Ps the team doctor does not have a nephew/niece so...I'm not sure what to make of reports that are supposedly accurate on other sites that claim these kinds of things.

Thanks

Archived