First play versus LSU

AUTigers910

Saw a play Clemson just ran. A designed QB run off of a fake bubble screen. With as many of these as we have thrown to Louis, I would think it could pull the linebackers long enough for Johnson to get substantial yardage. I really think we see them making Jeremy run the ball to get yardage versus LSU.

I would like to bring JJ under center and run the "Student Body Left" with Peyton as the featured back on this play. Then I would do a quick slant over the middle going from left to right with Duke catching the ball. A couple of power plays would set the tone of the game.

After we have established that we are going to run it down their throats whenever the urge hits us. We can wear this teeam down no doubt. I see a game of what everyone has expected this team to do in a positive way. We can go toe-to-toe with LsU no doubt whatsoever. All of this negative crap needs to be flushed down the toilet, and replace it with a positive mindset each and every week.

I am not a sunshine pumper whatsoever, but a fan who expects this team to perform to a level that puts us in a position to win each and every game left on our schedule. Be the fan that this team expects from each and everyone of us.

I really hope our conditioning shows Saturday. I think that will play a much larger part than what is being talked about. I think Robinson starts to prove he is a reliable option beginning Saturday. We have to have both he and Barber be effective. Control the flow of the game, make careful decisions with the football and out last them in the heat and that's our shot of walking out of Baton Rouge with a huge victory.

Barber at left tackle.

Bubble screen right to Louis for a 1st down.

Play action bomb to Louis on a post. TOUCHDOWN AUBURN!!!

Take the crowd out of the game early.

One reason I picked this play is they have a true freshman Arden Key playing DE for them who is overly aggressive at times. Drop back in pass coverage, let him slip to Cox. You have five offensive linemen on three defensive linemen and the linebackers not taken out of the play of the fake screen. Maybe getting him running around a little bit would get his head right.

JJ throws it to...

LSU linebacker

Show some love for your team!

Hand off to Barber off the left side....odds are probably more than 50:50 for that call.

I am thinking kickoff or kick return will be the first play... On offense I expect a run pass option with a simple read and throw this is about confidence and getting settled down. He has been pressing and will be jacked up throwing deep is not a good idea odds of hitting the receiver in stride almost zero. I don't expect zone read as the first play because I expect us to us it more through out the game and we will want to get the D thinking otherwise.

Barber at left tackle.

Bubble screen right to Louis for a 1st down.

Play action bomb to Louis on a post. TOUCHDOWN AUBURN!!!

Take the crowd out of the game early.

I like it! I'll take one of these and about 5 or 6 more!! WDE!

JJ6 is likely to bust out this move ...

zonereadkeeperlsu1.gif

:big:

What's funny about that play is that, while it is a very athletic play by Marshall, by all accounts he should have handed the ball off.

The play was designed such that it forced the defender to make a choice about who to defend: the running back or the quarterback. If you watch, the DE doesn't take the RB, he takes the QB, which left CAP with an open hole to the end zone (right where Marshall ended up running). Marshall keeping it should have resulted in a busted play, but his sheer athleticism combined with good blocks by Davis and Ray allowed him to turn it into a TD.

Archived