Lawson out long term?

FoundationEagle

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^I assume you're being sarcastic. What little I saw of him last week I was impressed. He caused at least one fumble (recovered by them, of course). We have Matthews back (per austudnt23), we have Countess back, we have Robinson back, and Duke will receive playing time. I expect to lose, but I expect to lose a good, hard fought game.

Lessee here...

Last week someone on Twitter told us that Jovon Robinson had to pulled away from coach Malzahn during the JSU game. Was that true? Apparently not.

Do I trust some random person on Twitter to know and announce this sort of thing on Lawson? No, I do not.

Is Twitter a "reliable source" for such things? Nope.

Honestly, I don't think dragging unverifiable tweets into this forum is even within the forum rules. From my point of view, it's just spreading rumours.

(BTW, the tweet seems to have been deleted.)

It's still up there. https://twitter.com/WDE_Auburn

And if you look at the thread about pregame sights and sound, RunInRed has confirmed that Lawson has not been seen.

I tried following the link that was (originally) in the opening post. It went to a page saying that tweet does not exist. However, the existence or non-existence of the tweet doesn't really have anything to do with my point. Stuff on Twitter is just stuff on Twitter. The tweet says "Reports are..." but offers no link to any credible source of any report.

On edit...

It's actually worse than even that. A mere 9 hours ago this Twitter account is casting about for news on Lawson.

Quote: Any news on Lawson and/or Matthews?

Followed by...

Quote: Anyone?

What seems to be going on here is someone is repeating rumour, and others (at least on AU forums) are running with it before they have any idea at all if it's true. Dang if that doesn't seem against the rules here at AU Family.

I see dude said we're starting Cameron Toney at Sam linebacker....

I have heard the same, just haven't been able to confirm it with another i trust

Lessee here...

Last week someone on Twitter told us that Jovon Robinson had to pulled away from coach Malzahn during the JSU game. Was that true? Apparently not.

Do I trust some random person on Twitter to know and announce this sort of thing on Lawson? No, I do not.

Honestly, I don't think dragging unverifiable tweets into this forum is even within the forum rules. From my point of view, it's just spreading rumours.

And if you look at the thread about pregame sights and sound, RunInRed has confirmed that Lawson has not been seen.

I tried following the link that was (originally) in the opening post. It went to a page saying that tweet does not exist. However, the existence or non-existence of the tweet doesn't really have anything to do with my point. Stuff on Twitter is just stuff on Twitter. The tweet says "Reports are..." but offers no link to any credible source of any report.

On edit...

It's actually worse than even that. A mere 9 hours ago this Twitter account is casting about for news on Lawson.

Followed by...

What seems to be going on here is someone is repeating rumour, and others (at least on AU forums) are running with it before they have any idea at all if it's true. Dang if that doesn't seem against the rules here at AU Family.

I generally agree with you about Twitter, but many reputable sources follow that account and there has been news from many more reputable sources that there is no sign of him. I would love if they somehow smuggled him in, but I'm pretty positive that is not the case. In general though, I agree - don't trust everything you see on the Internet.

Definitely a blow to the defense though... Hope we see someone step up.

EDIT:

On a positive Twitter note - Carl never loses his Auburn spirit:

I have heard the same, just haven't been able to confirm it with another i trust

Would that be the "surprise" another poster alluded to in another thread?

I am dreading this scenario but I'll throw it out for your thoughts. If Carl's injury keeps him out long term and he only plays 2-3 more games this year, does he leave for the draft or come back for another year?

I am dreading this scenario but I'll throw it out for your thoughts. If Carl's injury keeps him out long term and he only plays 2-3 more games this year, does he leave for the draft or come back for another year?

He stays. 14 games as a Freshman and playing 18 minutes in 2 years will not get you drafted very high.

"Day to day" to now possibly out til November. I understand faking out preparing teams, but dang, that's a big timeline shift. Are we sure this is a hip flexor?

Damn shame our whole D in contingent on one guy. Given he's great but hell he hadn't even played in over a year. I just don't understand how this D can be this thin. Somebody isn't getting the job done.

Lessee here...

On edit...

Followed by...

I generally agree with you about Twitter, but many reputable sources follow that account and there has been news from many more reputable sources that there is no sign of him. I would love if they somehow smuggled him in, but I'm pretty positive that is not the case. In general though, I agree - don't trust everything you see on the Internet.

Definitely a blow to the defense though... Hope we see someone step up.

EDIT:

On a positive Twitter note - Carl never loses his Auburn spirit:

If people would quit quoting Cleco, I would never have to read one of these miserable antagonistic posts again. That would be great.

Ok. Would you think that's because Garrett still a little hurt or has Toney been playing well?

Man we are beat up. Its unreal. Love Carl's spirit. I need that same spirit and so does everyone else here. Bring the love for AU and everything else will take care of itself

I don't usually post anything quite this pointed ... But regardless of whether Carl plays or not ... If you don't take your team captain to the LSU game it is an idiotic thing to do.

Considering its a limited roster per NCAA rules and we need all hands on deck, it makes sense regardless of captain or not.

Archived