Lawson out long term?

FoundationEagle

Man we are beat up. Its unreal. Love Carl's spirit. I need that same spirit and so does everyone else here. Bring the love for AU and everything else will take care of itself

How does the saying go, "The measure of a man ...". Carl's attitude is just that. You can't control life, only react/respond to it.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't usually post anything quite this pointed ... But regardless of whether Carl plays or not ... If you don't take your team captain to the LSU game it is an idiotic thing to do.

Considering its a limited roster per NCAA rules and we need all hands on deck, it makes sense regardless of captain or not.

Rule should be changed. You should be able to bring extra players but only dress 70. That'd make too much sense for the NCAA though.

I'm starting to become skeptical. Literally everything that could've gone wrong thus far has gone wrong. Yet, we've still ended up winning our games. I'm starting to wonder if Gus really is hiding something. This game is the first really important game on our schedule. Is it possibly that Gus is manipulating the outward perception of the program so that LSU doesn't respect us? I'm starting to think that Lawson plays tomorrow (and that these reports are also intentionally misleading), that we rotate 3 tailbacks that are all impressive, and that Jeremy Johnson lights it up against LSU through the air and on the ground.

I'm starting to become skeptical. Literally everything that could've gone wrong thus far has gone wrong. Yet, we've still ended up winning our games. I'm starting to wonder if Gus really is hiding something. This game is the first really important game on our schedule. Is it possibly that Gus is manipulating the outward perception of the program so that LSU doesn't respect us? I'm starting to think that Lawson plays tomorrow (and that these reports are also intentionally misleading), that we rotate 3 tailbacks that are all impressive, and that Jeremy Johnson lights it up against LSU through the air and on the ground.

Please pass on what you're smoking to everyone on this forum and we will all enjoy the game tomorrow.

Sure, why play as a Top 5 team when you can play as a top 20 team ;D

^Cowart anyone?

He was the one I had in mind. Would be nice for him to have his breakout game tomorrow.

Would also like to see Holland get more snaps. I know he's not a DE but maybe we can be creative with him some at DE because he has seemed to make an impact when he has been in games.

Carl reminds me of D Rose

Not every one here watches NBA but the ones who do will understand this one

I'm a Bulls fan. Understand it completely :(

I think there will be a few surprises when we take the field on defense as well as offense. I think we could leave it at this.

"Day to day" to now possibly out til November. I understand faking out preparing teams, but dang, that's a big timeline shift. Are we sure this is a hip flexor?

There was a rumor earlier, I think on this board, that he had a hip fracture. That rumor was floating around before there was any mention of him missing the LSU game, let alone, being out until November. I have no idea if it is true or not but it would fit the narrative for him being out until November. That is really disappointing for the outlook of the defense this year but mostly just for him personally.

Sure, why play as a Top 5 team when you can play as a top 20 team ;D/>

I'm not sure what to think. It just seems like we have been conservative on both sides of the ball. Additionally, Gus seems incredibly confident in Johnson considering how poorly he's played. It seems like he's either delusional, or he knows something that we don't.

I see dude said we're starting Cameron Toney at Sam linebacker....

I have heard the same, just haven't been able to confirm it with another i trust

Ok. Would you think that's because Garrett still a little hurt or has Toney been playing well?

I bet Garrett is still a little banged up....hope I'm wrong.

Toney looked pretty good in the spring game and I'm thinking he might provide a little more size to help get Fournette to the ground.

Lessee here...

Last week someone on Twitter told us that Jovon Robinson had to pulled away from coach Malzahn during the JSU game. Was that true? Apparently not.

Do I trust some random person on Twitter to know and announce this sort of thing on Lawson? No, I do not.

Is Twitter a "reliable source" for such things? Nope.

Honestly, I don't think dragging unverifiable tweets into this forum is even within the forum rules. From my point of view, it's just spreading rumours.

(BTW, the tweet seems to have been deleted.)

It's still up there. https://twitter.com/WDE_Auburn

And if you look at the thread about pregame sights and sound, RunInRed has confirmed that Lawson has not been seen.

I tried following the link that was (originally) in the opening post. It went to a page saying that tweet does not exist. However, the existence or non-existence of the tweet doesn't really have anything to do with my point. Stuff on Twitter is just stuff on Twitter. The tweet says "Reports are..." but offers no link to any credible source of any report.

On edit...

It's actually worse than even that. A mere 9 hours ago this Twitter account is casting about for news on Lawson.

Quote: Any news on Lawson and/or Matthews?

Followed by...

Quote: Anyone?

What seems to be going on here is someone is repeating rumour, and others (at least on AU forums) are running with it before they have any idea at all if it's true. Dang if that doesn't seem against the rules here at AU Family.

I generally agree with you about Twitter, but many reputable sources follow that account and there has been news from many more reputable sources that there is no sign of him. I would love if they somehow smuggled him in, but I'm pretty positive that is not the case. In general though, I agree - don't trust everything you see on the Internet.

Definitely a blow to the defense though... Hope we see someone step up.

EDIT:

On a positive Twitter note - Carl never loses his Auburn spirit: https://twitter.com/...015549546745856

If people would quit quoting Cleco, I would never have to read one of these miserable antagonistic posts again. That would be great.

I literally laughed out loud! Thanks!

major rumblings of a hip fracture for carl....tough luck for him.....he'll heal up but if a fractured hip socket is the case, he would do well to sit this year out also....he will take at least six weeks for the break to heal. and this team does not look like the great team that we had hoped for, so why not just be sure that he is completely well and not worry about playing this year?

major rumblings of a hip fracture for carl....tough luck for him.....he'll heal up but if a fractured hip socket is the case, he would do well to sit this year out also....he will take at least six weeks for the break to heal. and this team does not look like the great team that we had hoped for, so why not just be sure that he is completely well and not worry about playing this year?

I've heard the same, but haven't seen it enough places to feel good about posting it yet. It's pretty damn impossible to be day to day for two weeks with a broken hip. Surely they didn't wait two weeks to do an X-ray. If so, our training staff needs to be re evaluated. I know Andrews is the "team doctor" but I'm really beginning to wonder how much he is involved.

Fairly good source confirming Lawson with broken hip bone. If so, they say November....I say next year.....tough break for CL. Definitely need Cowart to grow up quickly and some others to step up as well.

WarBlogle.com (@WarBlogle) tweeted at 3:28am - 19 Sep 15:

The latest BlogleSpot ever (#46) talks Carl Lawson and previews Auburn-LSU on the way from Biloxi to Baton Rouge. bit.ly/1KoeRJd (

)

EDIT:

I don't have a rivals account, but a quick browsing of their forum topics makes it pretty clear that Lawson does indeed have a fractured hip socket and is likely done for the year.

^Cowart anyone?

He was the one I had in mind. Would be nice for him to have his breakout game tomorrow.

Would also like to see Holland get more snaps. I know he's not a DE but maybe we can be creative with him some at DE because he has seemed to make an impact when he has been in games.

Holland is listed at the "Buck" position behind Kennion.

So many profanities are running through my head. Why do we have to lose Holsey and Lawson when so few other teams are losing such key players. Lawson was the key to our defense this year. Feeling seriously depressed about this season.

I see dude said we're starting Cameron Toney at Sam linebacker....

I have heard the same, just haven't been able to confirm it with another i trust

Ok. Would you think that's because Garrett still a little hurt or has Toney been playing well?

I bet Garrett is still a little banged up....hope I'm wrong.

Toney looked pretty good in the spring game and I'm thinking he might provide a little more size to help get Fournette to the ground.

Garrett was playing at a very high level. Also, he has the speed to get to a RB going wide. No way he goes to the bench unless he can't play. "Another one bites the dust". It seems like once this injury bug starts it keeps on infesting a team.

I seem to remember at a point earlier this fall that Toney was actually #2 at the buck position. I remember a lot of praises from the coaches. Cowart will stay at the DE side and we might see Holland at SAM. I agree with A4E, we need to remember the sacrifice all these guys like CL make. I know we all want for AU to win, but the players welfare comes first. That said, I still think we can beat LSU today. WDE

Archived