Lawson out long term?

FoundationEagle

I know a lot of rumors, but something doesn't make sense. I get if CL had a flexor type injury the day to day thing. How do you feel Carl? How's the hip? What does the MRI say? The training staff and docs would be monitering it daily, hence the coach speak about CL being day to day. But now supposedly a fracture! Something that could be known almost immediately? If that is true then either incompetence on docs and training staff or bald face lying?! I don't like either thought. Hopefully fracture talk is BS.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know a lot of rumors, but something doesn't make sense. I get if CL had a flexor type injury the day to day thing. How do you feel Carl? How's the hip? What does the MRI say? The training staff and docs would be monitering it daily, hence the coach speak about CL being day to day. But now supposedly a fracture! Something that could be known almost immediately? If that is true then either incompetence on docs and training staff or bald face lying?! I don't like either thought. Hopefully fracture talk is BS.

Maybe it's hairline and they originally missed it on x-ray or MRI and caught it on CT or bone scan?

Gotta be crushing for Carl to have another major injury if this is true. God bless him.

If true I feel terrible for Carl.

Yep..but it's part of the game....only a couple weeks gone by and just look at all the teams that have lost critical players for the season. Coaches are constantly having to re-calculate their plans.

Unfortunately for us who would like to know everything, there are rights and privacies provided by HIPAA that protect doctor and hospital patients. Our doctors and coaches have to abide by these laws also. The patient has to agree to release whatever information gets released. Last year, it took weeks for the Lawson family and Auburn to agree to release injury info. I'm guessing we will hear more early next week. In the meantime, we should all support Carl, his family and Auburn University. War Eagle!!

On the bright side,no one has *officially* said Carl has a fracture (although it's being unofficially reported by some decent sources). BUT, no official announcement so there is still a glimmer of hope that it's not season ending.

Well, that's what we get for putting our pass rush hopes on one player.

He's a hoss and could have made a difference.

Time for someone else to step in..we need them.

bald face lying?!

This is why I rock a beard. Can't stand those gd bald face liars.

They were not being dis-honest. They said what they new/felt at the time.

We will miss CL very much, but our defense has to step up several notches in order to win today and the rest of the season. I think our defense may have to win games for us that in the past our offense would have ruled the day. It seems like the game is getting to the point where far too many players are getting injured.

This is quickly becoming an alarming situation. Maybe we need to radically overhaul the gear the players wear so that gear absorbs 90% of the blows when players crash into each other. Conferences have the funds to do this if they desire to do so. Automobile manufacturing has a Star rating system for crash safety. I know we are dealing with humans not cars, but I think you know where I am going with this.

Even if it slows the players down, it is worth it in the big scheme of things. However, this probably wont happen.

bald face lying?!

This is why I rock a beard. Can't stand those gd bald face liars.

They were not being dis-honest. They said what they new/felt at the time.

Face, meet palm.

You should be able to bring every player on scholarship and at least 6 walk-on.

Are you guys seriously hearing now that his injury has gone from hip flexor to a fracture. I am aware that none of us here actually knows the facts, but someone on one of our topics on this board about midweek had "stated" he read an interview where Carl's Dad had said he could actually have played last week but everyone was being extra cautious. No facts for sure and frustrating. Oh well...

We will miss CL very much, but our defense has to step up several notches in order to win today and the rest of the season. I think our defense may have to win games for us that in the past our offense would have ruled the day. It seems like the game is getting to the point where far too many players are getting injured.

This is quickly becoming an alarming situation. Maybe we need to radically overhaul the gear the players wear so that gear absorbs 90% of the blows when players crash into each other. Conferences have the funds to do this if they desire to do so. Automobile manufacturing has a Star rating system for crash safety. I know we are dealing with humans not cars, but I think you know where I am going with this.

Even if it slows the players down, it is worth it in the big scheme of things. However, this probably wont happen.

Doc, companies have been experimenting with new, more protective designs for decades. One company back in the 90's designed some really cool helmets that were integrated into the shoulder pads so that the brunt of the impact of a head-to-head collision was transferred onto the shoulders. Interlocking sections have also been designed for frontal knee and circumferential rib protection.

There are downsides to some of this technology, though. Perhaps the biggest issue is that as a player feels more protected, he feels free to hit even harder than before the upgrade. That's makes it even more likely for less protected areas to suffer more and worse injuries - such as lateral knee injuries.

I think what we're seeing in injuries is the result of very big, very strong, very athletic boys and men pushing past the limits of their own bodies and delivering impacts past what the human body, even with protection, is designed to withstand.

Tombigbee, I am hoping SEC Network for once gets their info correct.

Me too but how can there be such a difference between him not even being there and him being probable

Archived